Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

19richie66

Hard decision to make but had to let something go and the wheelhorse’s were out of the question. Went to a good home. 

0482B8A7-01C6-4EBB-A43B-A0F89433509F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

sjoemie himself
On 5/16/2022 at 3:08 AM, 19richie66 said:

something

What are we looking at here? Kinda looks like something articulated and 4x4? :confusion-confused:

• Like 1

19richie66
44 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

What are we looking at here? Kinda looks like something articulated and 4x4? :confusion-confused:

Hesston Frontrunner 180. Articulated but not 4x4. Drives from the front axle, trailing rear. Very neat machine. Hated to let it go. 

114B7C96-4FB5-4339-A88B-BE8560D473A1.jpeg
When I got it. A lot of cobbled up repairs but was in pretty good shape.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Oh no Ritchie not the Hesson...... :crying-blue:

19richie66
2 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Oh no Ritchie not the Hesson...... :crying-blue:

yep….. not all of us are made out of money :laughing-rolling:

now I can get back to work on mamma’s tractor and hopefully finish Skittles after I get the barn up. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2

sjoemie himself
3 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Hesston Frontrunner 180

Thanks! Never heard of it but it looks very cool.

Begging to turned into 4x4 if you ask me.

Is this a solely American product or also something that might have ended up in Europe you think?

• Like 3

WHX??

yep….. not all of us are made out of money :laughing-rolling:

Heard tell the bank comes to you when they need money.... :laughing-rolling:

Thinkin it was just an American thing 'joemie but ya never know. Was a golf course/grounds keeping machine. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
1 hour ago, sjoemie himself said:

Thanks! Never heard of it but it looks very cool.

Begging to turned into 4x4 if you ask me.

Is this a solely American product or also something that might have ended up in Europe you think?

It was American and toro bought the rights to it. They made them as the “Toro GMT” I believe till 1981. I know there are several people in our facebook group from across the ocean that have them. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

davem1111

It was American and toro bought the rights to it. They made them as the “Toro GMT” I believe till 1981. I know there are several people in our facebook group from across the ocean that have them. 

Kinda reminds me of the Groundsmaster.  Was that an evolution from this beast, ya think? :eusa-think:

• Like 2

davem1111

Today since the weather was nice and the recent rains had the expected result of grass growing like crazy again,  I mowed the small front yard (about 50' x 75') with the GT-1848 and 42" deck, then touched up with a push mower and weed wacker. Looks nice, for a few days at least. :unsure:

Honda GX610 engine on the GT was running a bit oddly when throttled down, not even to idle, just maybe halfway down from full.  Speed up, slow down (sound like yer gonna stall), speed up, slow down again.  Does that have something to do with the governor,  or fuel supply, or something else?   She ran great at full throttle, so I don't think it's the fuel pump or filter (need to check the filter though...).   I suppose depending on how the fuel pump works on one of these, it could be starving for gas at slower rpms, maybe?

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@davem1111 Hope you have fuel filter on hand, hard to find here. Finally found at Blue box store . $9.98 each , sure am glad I get Vet Discount since I needed 4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

davem1111
11 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@davem1111 Hope you have fuel filter on hand, hard to find here. Finally found at Blue box store . $9.98 each , sure am glad I get Vet Discount since I needed 4.

I do have a few, well at least one.  And probably time to order a few more.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Since I just got this tractor a few weeks ago and the fuel filter is actually under the air filter housing, I hadn't checked or changed it yet.  I have a bunch of fuel line so I think I'll move that thing out where I can see it and change it easier.

• Like 2

Snoopy11
25 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

starving for gas at slower rpms, maybe?

You answered your own question, Dave!

Yep, that is what it sounds like. May need a carb cleanout if all else fails... and maybe test of the fuel pump...

Don

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ohiofarmer

I cleaned out the basement freezer using MORE POWER today.  Pressure washer ate through the frosty ice decently quickly. It had been neglected for probably 5 years, and the stuff was frozen three inches thick. i got wet, but it was so worth it.   Kind of an anniversary present to my lovely wife : we married 15 may 1976.It would have taken eight hours waiting for it to melt, but probably a half hour of spraying/cutting, and the a couple of hours to empty then dry then refill..

My wife went to dinner with a friend and that is good because running those steps would have hurt her knees

• Like 5

Horse Newbie

We haven’t had any rain in awhile, so I decided to wash the Chevy Z-71…

388C5046-63F7-44EA-B3BB-9C87858ACFCB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

JPWH

Received my new to me hydraulic pump and cylinder today. Lincoln told me he tested it and it had a broken spring.

KIMG0201.JPG.a35922e24fdfc7e4c1e99a78eef8c9c4.JPG

I took it apart to see what type spring it has so I could order one and placed an order for the pump and cylinder kit with spring from Wheel Horse Parts and More.

KIMG0202.JPG.f321beae9645c62c8d522470f60ab6a8.JPG

• Like 3

sjoemie himself

Gave the shed a much needed cleaning today. As things go sometimes I get carried away with fabricating things and drop tools and material all around me which turns everything into well.. a mess..

Anyway, so much room for activities now. Still could use some cabinets and/or shelves.

IMG_20220520_175210_4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

sjoemie himself
3 minutes ago, JPWH said:

Is this an oil reservoir with built in pump?

• Like 1

JPWH

Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8ntruck

@Horse Newbie it worked.  We got some rain here this afternoon.

Yesterday, I filled in the gap in the masonry work for the dock and set forms and poured the end caps on it.  Just about the time I was starting to trowel the end caps, the wind came up and was causing waves to splash into my not yet cured concrete.  I covered one side by leaning the wheelbarrow into the lake and over the concrete - an effective breakwater, and piled some concrete blocks in front of the other end cap and covered it with a 5 gallon pail.  Today, I pulled the wheelbarrow out of the lake and pulled the forms.  Surprisingly, the concrete came out well.

That project required me to cut 5 concrete blocks down in height and cut one cap block to length.  Used the circa 1980 Craftsman circular saw with a diamond blade.  When swapping back to the carbide tooth general purpose blade today, I took the time to clean out all of the concrete dust on the saw.  I ended up going Greasy Pete on it.  Pulled the blade guard and blade arbor out.  Cleansed out the ancient OEM grease on the final drive gears and replaced it with Lucas green heavy duty grease.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4

Horse Newbie
2 hours ago, JPWH said:

Received my new to me hydraulic pump and cylinder today. Lincoln told me he tested it and it had a broken spring.

KIMG0201.JPG.a35922e24fdfc7e4c1e99a78eef8c9c4.JPG

I took it apart to see what type spring it has so I could order one and placed an order for the pump and cylinder kit with spring from Wheel Horse Parts and More.

That spring doesn’t look broke… not saying I know anything… just curious, which spring ? I thought it only had one spring…

• Like 2

adsm08
6 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

That spring doesn’t look broke… not saying I know anything… just curious, which spring ? I thought it only had one spring…

It is. Mine did the same thing, to the point that I had to replace the pump head.

See the wear marks around the hole to the right of the spool-valve's hole? Those are from the return spring dragging along the pump head, because the leg either broke off, or was cut too short.

Hopefully @JPWH 's hole is intact. Mine was wallowed out so badly that not even a new spring would stay in it.

• Like 2

Handy Don

Aha! Thanks for pointing it out @adsm08. I can see that the end of the spring on the upper right in the picture is broken off and bent compared to the other end.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 2

JPWH

@Horse Newbie see the two pins near the six screws. Both ends of the spring we're broke almost flush. Both holes are good. One piece came out with a magnet the other took a pair of pliers to grab it and a screwdriver to pry it out.

• Thanks 1

adsm08
7 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Aha! Thanks for pointing it out @adsm08. I can see that the end of the spring on the upper right in the picture is broken off and bent compared to the other end.

I think, had I not dealt with this exact condition up close and personal, to the point of pulling my hair out, I may well have missed it too. However, my experience meant I knew exactly what else I was looking for.

• Like 3