Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Went out in the pouring rain(by the bucket full ) and purchased a 2007 Cheby Silverado 1500 LT one owner 107,000.miles. @squonk Skunky you WILL have to ride in a trailer now.

• Haha 3

squonk

Vehicles are worth more in the pouring rain because the paint is shiny!  :banana-wrench:

Make sure my 16HP Thumper rides on the passenger seat! 

Edited by squonk
  • Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse
Just now, squonk said:

Vehicles are worth more in the pouring rain because the paint is shiny!  :banana-wrench:

Be nice or I won't let you sit on the tail gate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

squonk
Just now, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Be nice or I won't let you sit on the tail gate.

Make sure the cables are in good shape! :shock:

• Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I have been looking for truck since January just about given up on the hold idea when this one popped up at a dealership site on Saturday.  They have not cleaned the inside or run it thru the shop yet. I guess the whole US is the say way, jump on buying it as soon as you see it. If you wait there will be 5 guys in front of you with money in hand  

• Sad 1

8ntruck

@ebinmaine that last picture looks like the work of a piliated woodpecker.

I met this morning in my front yard with my block mason and city inspector.  Got the front porch foundation inspected, signed off by the inspector, and paid the mason.  A call to my slab contractor informed me that he should be able to get me on his schedule to pour the porch slab next week.

Yesterday, in our daily phone call, I found out that the sceptic system in our Mi. location took a dump and started slowing the drains down.  We will start by having it pumped.  Sooo, the dog and I will be travelling to Mi. tomorrow.  At least this should work into the contractor's schedule.

Stopped by the high school this afternoon to wish the robotics team luck in the world championship meet this week.  They have the trailer packed up and will be heading to Houston bright and early tomorrow morning.  A couple three weeks ago, we were ranked 34th in the world out of about 3200 teams.  There are a couple day of qualification matches and play offs before the final matches.  We hope to make a good showing in our division  Make it any further?  We can hope.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 4

JoeM

Did a little banking, took the F one fitty in for inspection, service. My outstanding car guru told me he is retiring in June. His partner will still be there and his son will take over. Good dude.

Stopped in at Lowe's and men were up in a lift working on the sign in front of the store. Made me wonder if they were changing the name to High's???

Gas in WV was $3.85 a gallon. In SW Pa. $4.19, thank you governor. 

• Like 1

Horse Newbie

Washed the HVAC filter… cleaned the lint from underneath/ behind the fridge… hoping it will start cooling again… freezer works fine, it’s the fridge that’s not cooling….

Anybody have any tips besides “ don’t buy a Samsung ?”

03E05CCA-AD1B-4BBB-A5FD-ECD9C8A9B078.jpeg

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Sad 1

JPWH

Is the circulating fan working?

• Like 2

Horse Newbie
8 hours ago, JPWH said:

Is the circulating fan working?

This fridge doesn’t circulate… it just sits in one place…:lol:

Naw, seriously thanks for the reply… I will check it this afternoon, but would that not affect the freezer side too ?

Thank you !

8ntruck

Made it safely to our primary Michigan location yesterday.   Clear skies almost all the way.  

Walked the dog today in the nearby state game area.  Took a 30 gallon trash bag along and started picking up a littered area I found on our last walk.  Filled that trash bag, and packed it out.  Will have to take another bag along on our walk tomorrow to finish cleaning the area up.

Worked on spring time leaf clean up this afternoon.  Burned the top layers of the leaves that were dry, spread the spread out in the yard that were too wet to burn.  Was leaf blower and manual rake work - no tractor work.

Got the sceptic tank cover dug out for the pumper truck that is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 3

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, 8ntruck said:

picking up a littered area

Thank you for doing so. 

That's a crime that folks should be held accountable for. 

• Like 3

8ntruck
19 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Thank you for doing so. 

That's a crime that folks should be held accountable for. 

I agree.  There are some unofficial tracks and trials in this state game area that the DNR blocked off last year.  Hopefully, this will cut the traffic, dumping, and vehicle abuse to the land that was occurring to that area.  Though, I did note fresh tracks from two ATV's in the area.  I'm going to guess somebody was out for a holiday weekend ride.

Signs have gone up in a couple other nearby state game areas recently prohibiting ATV's.

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Well, it's been a couple of years, but I finally got to defrost the up-right freezer today.  Seven fair to large sized ice chests to hold all that was in there.  Set up a space heater to melt the frost faster, and got er done!!!  :occasion-xmas:  Am afraid to tell you what was in there.  No wonder the shelves are empty at the store.  Probably 4 pork roasts, 2 slabs of ribs, multiple pork chops, 5 pork tenderloins, "T" bone steaks, fillet Mignons, rib eyes, 2 prime rib roasts, 8 things of hamburger, 14 lb turkey, breasts, thighs...Johnsonville Brats, home made deer sausage, 2 Corned beef briskets.  Now the fish...some bags of Salmon (Lake Michigan), Lake Trout (Lake Michigan) for smoking, Talopia, Walleye, Ocean Perch, Flounder fillets.  I'm getting hungry just typing this. :bow-blue:  Couple of Pizzas, the regular vegetables, and a ton of frozen fruit for smoothies.  I am worn out, but the coolers kept every thing frozen...ready for another year.:occasion-snowman:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

No ice picks were used in the defrosting of this freezer! :lol:

Yer supposed to do it when it's cold out tho Dino. Just set everything outside for the neighborhood cats to drag off! :huh:

• Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Dino you got enough frozen meat for a cookout at the BS , I am sure that Skunky would help withe food prep.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse

Spent the afternoon with the 314-8 and @ebinmaine old dump trailer. Havnt got around to fixing it up yet but it worked just fine for what I needed today. Moving all the left over sand from my pool pad and kids sand box. This sure beats a wheelbarrow 😆!

20220422_125946.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

8ntruck

Got the sceptic system at our Mi. location squared away.  Pump truck got here yesterday to pump the tank.  Nothing notable was found that would be causing the slow drains.  Tried a flush, yup, still slow.  Got my 15' snake out and ran it into the clean out fitting just outside the house towards the tank.  Didn't feel anything that felt like a plug.  Still slow.  Checked the length of snake vs the length of pipe - snake about 5' too short.  Off to the hardware store and bought a 25' snake.  Ran it all the way into the tank.  Felt a little resistance, but nothing telling.  Drain still slow.  Make a phone call and ordered a plumber with a power snake.  Says he can make it Friday afternoon.

This morning, my wife is taking a shower and all of a sudden she hears a gurgling noise and the drain is running like it should.  Only thing is, the bathroom sink still burps when the toilet is flushed.  So I say to myself "self, that sounds like a vent problem".  Get the ladder out, take the new snake up on the roof and run it down the vent pipe.  That solves the sink burp issue.  Got on the phone and canceled the power snake guy.

Spent some time raking and burning for winter leaf cleanup.  Made a big dent.  Still have to rake out the flower beds around the house, then get a Horse and lawn sweeper around the lawn.

We watched the robotics team at the World Championships in Houston, off and on through the day.  At the end of the qualification matches, they are ranked #20 out of the 75 teams in our division. 

Tomorrow, 8 alliances of 4 teams each will be picked for the division championships.  The 6 division champions will then go into playoffs for the world championship.  There are 453 teams competing in Houston this week.  The majority are from the U.S.  Teams are here from Israel, Turkey, China, Mexico, Brazil, and probably a couple of other countries

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 4

SylvanLakeWH
11 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

self, that sounds like a vent problem"

Yup been there… took two days but when vent finally freed up whole house drained as it should… plugs??? squirrels acorns leaves etc…

I run the hose down it every year now and never an issue…

• Like 3

Sparky

Burning brush and whatnot….867 was there so I had a place to sit,  used the hood to hold my Bluetooth speaker blasting Van Morrison on Pandora. 

FF8075F1-20CE-4ABF-BB65-43E25070B7F3.jpeg

A8F01BCE-F499-4EC3-B368-0F8F0A3B1D5F.jpeg

• Excellent 3

ebinmaine

@Sparky

Good times there Sir. 

We hiked Pleasant Mountain in Denmark/Bridgton Maine. 

Here's a view of Mt Washington from the top of Pleasant. 

IMG_20220423_124906246.jpg.0545377ac68ad76f1b3f8f582f0936af.jpg

IMG_20220423_124915439.jpg.675a72c98dcc2b47f1807a7cb26a73b1.jpg

More pics later....

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Sparky
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

IMG_20220423_124915439.jpg.675a72c98dcc2b47f1807a7cb26a73b1.jpg

Awesome picture! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Sparky said:

Awesome picture! 

Thanks mister. 

I snapped a couple while setting at the top. 

The Photography Department will share more later. 

• Like 1

sjoemie himself

Made a babyshower present from Corten steel.

Angle grinder, some files, a die grinder and about two hours of my time...

IMG_20220423_161622_4.jpg

IMG_20220423_161630_6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 3

Sparky
6 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

Made a babyshower present from Corten steel.

Isn’t Corten supposed to rust up quick and then stop rusting…leaving a nice patina? 

• Like 2