Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

D_Mac

Went to an estate sale today. Not supposed to lift anything  over 10lbs after my kidney biopsy yesterday.  Had to bring this home with me. Was hanging in a small shed. VERY hard to get it out. Had no help but was determined to get it out. 16ft Starcraft Square Stern for 150 bucks. Seems to have had very little use if any. I'll spray some wheel cleaner on it and hose it down it will shine like a new penny.

20210924_141346.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

Stormin
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Well played, sir. Shall we retire to the pavilion for a recreational beverage?

That's Crown Green bowls, Don. Played outside, no blocker and the distance is far greater.

On another subject, finally got my car back today. Electrics went  haywire last Thursday on my way to Scotland. Turned out the starter solenoid was shorting out, blowing a fuse and knocking half the electrics off. New starter fitted.

Handy Don
2 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Went to an estate sale today. Not supposed to lift anything  over 10lbs after my kidney biopsy yesterday.  Had to bring this home with me. Was hanging in a small shed. VERY hard to get it out. Had no help but was determined to get it out. 16ft Starcraft Square Stern for 150 bucks. Seems to have had very little use if any. I'll spray some wheel cleaner on it and hose it down it will shine like a new penny.

Those square sterns are rare to begin with--to find one in such good shape and for that money is amazing.

D_Mac

Wish they had the paper work for it. Here in NY even if you put an electric trolling motor on it, it has to be registered. I have had several canoes over the years. Now I have no oars or life jackets. Guess I will be keeping an eye out for a couple of oars.

squonk

Put a Tecky on it and take it out on Lake Ontario! :lol:

• Haha 1

Handy Don
6 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Wish they had the paper work for it. Here in NY even if you put an electric trolling motor on it, it has to be registered. I have had several canoes over the years. Now I have no oars or life jackets. Guess I will be keeping an eye out for a couple of oars.

I've seen oarlocks on the Grumman 17 ft versions that have a center seat but never on the Starcrafts. See these cruising lakes in the Adirondacks. 

Registering a any motor or road vehicle in NY without a paper trail of ownership is a royal PITA (not yet for bicycles, but I can see that day coming).

Edited by Handy Don
  • Sad 1

squonk
17 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Guess I will be keeping an eye out for a couple of oars.

Viking Ship Vikings GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

• Heart 2

ebinmaine
37 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Registering a any motor or road vehicle in NY without a paper trail of ownership is a royal PITA (not yet for bicycles, but I can see that day coming).

Ridiculous. 

I like Maine where I can BUILD a trailer or even a vehicle and get a registration without issues.   

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Ed Kennell
39 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

without a paper trail of ownership is a royal PITA

To get a title that allows you to register and use any trailer in Pa.     Bring some bucks....around $500.    Over $200 to get it inspected at an "enhanced" inspection station, then take that inspection report ta a notary and apply for the title and the registration...over $200 more.  

• Sad 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

To get a title that allows you to register and use any trailer in Pa.     Bring some bucks....around $500.    Over $200 to get it inspected at an "enhanced" inspection station, then take that inspection report ta a notary and apply for the title and the registration...over $200 more.  

Any single axle trailer here has no inspection or title needed if under (3000lbs??) Gvw. 

If it has a VIN, great. 

If not also great. 

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Gregor

Another show this weekend, so I loaded up and took them over today. This one is only about 20 miles from me, so I made 2 trips, 8 tractors  total.

20210924_163826.jpg.3e315a644a1b96b61b673d99cd001867.jpg

Snapped a couple of pics of some Horses already there. I'll get more pics tomorrow.

20210924_163718.jpg.b2c322ae69ea8961a4d4c8d9048fdc13.jpg

Note the tread design on the rear tires, in the above pic. Is this an original tire?20210924_163736.jpg.ccebc263cdae3e91808f16aa449abcb2.jpg

Edited by Gregor
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

Stormin

Trailers are not registered over here and no inspection needed. Only trailers behind HGV vehicles, 3-1/2T plus, have to have an annual inspection.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Renewed my Red Square membership for another two years…

Best site on the web hands down… :dance:

Thank you Karl and Mods… :bow-blue:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
On 9/25/2021 at 3:52 AM, Stormin said:

Trailers are not registered over here

In PeeAaa, they must have a title, must be registered, and if they have brakes, they must have an annual inspection.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Sad 2

Achto

Castrated my lawn today :D. 30 five gallon pails full of black walnuts from one tree. :unsure:

IMG_20210926_111101990_HDR.jpg.ef61bd41722d2b0dbffb6001a89d3b82.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

In PeeAaa, they must have a title, must be registered, and if they have brakes, they must have an annual inspection.

The 5th wheel I just hauled to FL could have had better working brakes for the weight of the RV.  I think it was around 12k lbs and they had some drag, but not pull against the truck.  Sometimes, I think an annual SAFETY inspection isn’t all that terrible.  I take hauling risks here and there, but like to make sure the structure is solid to begin with.

• Like 2

Pullstart
Just now, Achto said:

Castrated my lawn today :D. 30 five gallon pails full of black walnuts from one tree. :unsure:

IMG_20210926_111101990_HDR.jpg.ef61bd41722d2b0dbffb6001a89d3b82.jpg

Anyone got a walnut sheller attachment for their :wh: yet?

• Haha 2

Achto
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

Nobody wants black walnuts. A lot of work to get to meat that tastes like crap. I always say that if they worth 5 cents per ton, there wouldn't be a one in my yard.:D

Achto
On 9/25/2021 at 2:52 AM, Stormin said:

Trailers are not registered over here and no inspection needed.

2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

No title or registration required on a trailer with less than 3000lb capacity in Wisconsin.

• Like 1

EB-80/8inPA
48 minutes ago, Achto said:

Nobody wants black walnuts. A lot of work to get to meat that tastes like crap. I always say that if they worth 5 cents per ton, there wouldn't be a one in my yard.:D

They grow like weeds here.  I have to collect them just so they won’t sprout.  I set ‘em aside for the squirrels but don’t ask me why.  Maybe I should make wood stain of them to reproduce that classic wood look of the 70’s nobody likes these days.  Maybe not.  Oddly enough, last year’s crop was a complete failure.  Must have been due to Covid.

• Haha 3

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Anyone got a walnut sheller

We hammered them thru a hole in a rail plate.

Image 41 - Railroad Track Plate And Spikes

• Like 2

Jeff-C175
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Isn't that called a Snow Blower ?

• Haha 5

lynnmor
7 hours ago, pullstart said:

Sometimes, I think an annual SAFETY inspection isn’t all that terrible.

Be careful what you wish for, I have had so much bad work done by inspections stations that I could write a book.  Had I not inspected their inspection work I could have lost control a number of times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Gregor

In Illinois, EVERYTHING has to be registered, unless you are a farmer. Then it seems you can run what you have, however you want.

Didn't @Tractorheadonce show a pic of his tractor, with a license plate on it?

Achto
8 hours ago, EB-80/8inPA said:

Oddly enough, last year’s crop was a complete failure.

Mine only produces nuts every other year. Which is too often.