Mikey j

Raider12 transaxle oil change

Mikey j

Hi everyone, I have a 1969 raider12 6speed trans, Thant I’m going to change the oil in. But I don’t have a dipstick how do I get the two quarts in there? i tried filling from the side port only got about 700mils in. Thanks in advance!

ebinmaine

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Best option is to remove the shifter. The side plug actually needs to stay in place because the oil level will be above it.

When you're changing the gear oil in a manual transmission you should try to get the front of the tractor as high off the ground as you can safely do so because there is a bump in the base of the transmission that will hold gear oil in the front half.

If what you drain out looks a lot like coffee with too much creamer or liquid caramel, you will want to do a flush with either diesel fuel or kerosene.

Add 2 qts of either one and  drive around for a few minutes using each gear. Drain that stuff out and put the new gear oil in.

While you're there install a new shift boot.

We'd like to see pics of your tractor.

:lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

And   :text-welcomeconfetti:

WHX??

:WRS:

You can also remove one of the bolts that hold the tunnel down to the transmission but will need to use a real small funnel or bottle with the tapered end. 

I like EB's idea better as then you can check the condition of the dog point set screw and reinstall properly. 

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS:

Mikey j

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I’m so glad I joined, my grandfather bought the tractor brand new in 69 and I have most of the OG paper work too. Thanks eb this was extremely helpful! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Mikey j said:

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I’m so glad I joined, my grandfather bought the tractor brand new in 69 and I have most of the OG paper work too. Thanks eb this was extremely helpful! 

Glad to have you aboard.

I'm sure I can speak for at least a few of us when I say we would love to hear the story of that tractor considering it goes back in your family 50 + years.

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti::wh:

4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm sure I can speak for at least a few of us when I say we would love to hear the story of that tractor considering it goes back in your family 50 + years.

:wwp:

• Like 1