D_Mac

The "Speedanza" gets some more parts.

rjg854

I like the looks of the 1st picture 

• Thanks 1

953 nut
On 4/20/2020 at 8:14 PM, D_Mac said:

@953 nut What have you got against the hubcaps ?

On 4/24/2020 at 11:04 PM, D_Mac said:

I have a pair of hub caps off of a 55 Chevy that I think would look pretty cool.

15 hours ago, D_Mac said:

know @jabelman and @953 nut are anti-hubcap

I'm not anti-hubcap,    I'm anti-ugly Hubcap!                         The '55s are cool.

20200427_144618.jpg

• Haha 1

D_Mac

That first set was ugly I agree. The reason I put those on first was because I knew where those were ! I had to get the ladder out and hunt up in the garage loft for these. I knew I had them I just had to find them. I do like the big tires and those hubcaps but I already switched back to the tractor tires.... for now. I did manage to tap out the lugs I stripped out the other day. Made sure I didnt over tighten them this time.

D_Mac
On 4/26/2020 at 7:20 PM, ebinmaine said:

Should be a fairly easy thing to do. You have two options. The piece I circled. if that will come out of the engine you can take it to the big box store plumbing section and get the next length up you need. If it won't come out easily you could get a double female and a short male and just read the whole thing back together.

1056112192_Screenshot_20200426-1916522.png.3e3cedeb8b33ca143857ff30eeb4ec8c.png

Might be a dumb question but I am pretty dumb... are the treads all the same? I would like to replace the pipe you have circled with a longer pipe maybe 2 inches longer. Then I would like to get a piece that would go from the elbow to the muffler to make the muffler about as tall as the air cleaner. Is the threading all the same?

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

Might be a dumb question... NOPE ... are the treads all the same? I would like to replace the pipe you have circled with a longer pipe maybe 2 inches longer. Then I would like to get a piece that would go from the elbow to the muffler to make the muffler about as tall as the air cleaner. Is the threading all the same?

Don't know what size thread but they should be a regular NPT.

Best bet is to pop the piece out that you need and bring it right to the store.

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Best bet is to pop the piece out that you need and bring it right to the store.

You make it sound so easy. Is it really that easy? Im afraid I am going to rip the entire exhaust off the engine when I go to unscrew it. 

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, D_Mac said:

You make it sound so easy. Is it really that easy? Im afraid I am going to rip the entire exhaust off the engine when I go to unscrew it. 

Not easy no... :lol:

Kohler has a fair amount of meat around the exhaust and can be wrenched pretty hard.

I'm not at all familiar with that engine.

You could put a piece of pipe over the muffler and see if it will move.

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

Well I tried to get them to turn no luck. Gonna see if I can borrow a couple of pipe wrenches. I sprayed them with some PB Blaster. Nothings easy.

• Like 1

diesel cowboy

Go easy trying to break the exhaust pipe free.  That's an aluminium block and while there's a decent amount of material around the port it could strip the threads or possibly crack part of it off.  I've found with those engines it's sometimes easier to just cut the pipe off at the block and take a hacksaw blade and make a couple cuts into the piece left in the engine then use a chisel and small hammer to break the piece loose and the rest of it usually can be pulled out with a pair of pliers

• Like 3

WHNJ701

if they don't move, don't force it or your going to crack the block.  be patient pb blaster doesn't work in minutes.

you might be better off taking a dremel with a cut off wheel and make 2 cuts on the 90 fitting and split it off,  without cutting into the straight section, 

is there a lock nut at the block??

Edited by jabelman
  • Like 2

D_Mac

I tried real hard to remove the pipe but couldnt get it to budge. I was thinking trying to remove those nuts might be a higher chance of me busting it. Perhaps I should just leave well enough alone.

20200429_191242.jpg

20200429_191228.jpg

diesel cowboy

Try loosening the nuts and see if the elbow starts to come off.   I keep forgetting the Briggs engines have those and a lot of them came with mufflers bolted on there instead of screwed in like a Kohler  :angry-banghead:  Worst that's going to  happen is the studs break off but I'm pretty sure the port is threaded too.  If that happens you just need to get either a 3/4 or 7/8 black iron pipe elbow and screw it in

Edited by diesel cowboy
  • Thanks 1

squonk

@D_Mac Some one is missing the entrance archway to their mansion with that plow frame! :lol:

That exhaust looks like 1". Best bet is to cut it of and try to slice the remaining stub from the inside. I wouldn't mess with those elbow nuts at all. asking for trouble

HUBCAPS!! I had those Chevy 15" caps on a trailer once THEY AINT UGLY!! If you don;t want them , save them for me. I can stop by on my next run to Mieir Supply and see if you're around! :banana-blonde:

• Haha 1

D_Mac
8 hours ago, squonk said:

@D_Mac Some one is missing the entrance archway to their mansion with that plow frame! :lol:

That exhaust looks like 1". Best bet is to cut it of and try to slice the remaining stub from the inside. I wouldn't mess with those elbow nuts at all. asking for trouble

HUBCAPS!! I had those Chevy 15" caps on a trailer once THEY AINT UGLY!! If you don;t want them , save them for me. I can stop by on my next run to Mieir Supply and see if you're around! :banana-blonde:

It is kind of a fancy plow frame isnt it?

The exhaust is on hold as I have my hands full with this new project.

I love those 55 hubcaps its the other ones that were ugly.

Swing by any time. I would like you to see both of these tractors and get some advice. I am in over my head.

squonk
15 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

It is kind of a fancy plow frame isnt it?

The exhaust is on hold as I have my hands full with this new project.

I love those 55 hubcaps its the other ones that were ugly.

Swing by any time. I would like you to see both of these tractors and get some advice. I am in over my head.

I like the caps that were on it with the Bowtie! :banana-wrench:

D_Mac

They both have bow ties

20200415_132534.jpg

20200427_144618.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 1

D_Mac

@squonk first photo I have the set of 4, second I have just the 2 and one is pretty hammered.

squonk

1at pic  are the ones I like. I can't even see the Bowties on the 2nd ones unless I blow the pic up

D_Mac

Well if you want the set of 4 I am sure we can work something out... maybe you might have something to trade that I can use for either of my projects ? 

squonk
9 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Well if you want the set of 4 I am sure we can work something out... maybe you might have something to trade that I can use for either of my projects ? 

All I really have kicking around is a stack muffler if you ever get that one loose

D_Mac

@squonkThat works for me, If not the Speedanza then maybe on the Lambert.

Edited by D_Mac

squonk

I'll get you a pic of it at some point today

squonk

I give you both of these. PM me your phone no. again. I'll call next time by and see if you're around. Going to be out with surgery in a couple of weeks. I may need to get out of the house! 

IMG_1868.JPG.18281ad0d139c19d20e3c334cdf87f90.JPG

D_Mac
1 hour ago, squonk said:

I give you both of these. PM me your phone no. again. I'll call next time by and see if you're around. Going to be out with surgery in a couple of weeks. I may need to get out of the house! 

IMG_1868.JPG.18281ad0d139c19d20e3c334cdf87f90.JPG

Surgery? thats not good , hope all is ok. I got more bad news. I only have 3 of those Chevy hubcaps I dont have the set. Sorry I thought I had all 4. I got a set of 4 Oldsmobile.  I have a set of Baby Moons NOS... Sorry

20160804_205435_resized.jpg

20160804_205153_resized.jpg

20160804_204431_resized.jpg

20160804_204222_resized.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

squonk

I'll take some measurements. But 3 of of those Chevy caps will still be ok if the moon's don't fit.

Surgery is just a knee scope.......for now.