KrazeyOlDave

310-8 Bucket Tractor

KrazeyOlDave

Material for a hydraulic pump cage, getting rid of the chain drive, direct hook up to crank. 
mockup engine for a trial run 😂

0FDF8D5C-5028-4616-8306-F2EB39BB9634.jpeg

A7B04AD9-9ABB-469F-AAC9-2358FDA0649A.jpeg

• Like 1

BeninCT

Just finding this thread now and read through it- looks great.  I think you will want a little more side angle on that plow depending on your use tho. In heavy snow I could use as much angle as I can get.  I need to make a bucket- is yours all 1/4” material or what?  Thanks 

KrazeyOlDave

Finally getting around to making a hydraulic pump housing. I’m lying, my old setup broke, I was forced to fix it. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

KrazeyOlDave

B24EF4A9-F202-4B30-9C4E-DB229643D5E8.jpeg

08BF8A16-8E66-4A57-B1BB-16B53CF3E68C.jpeg

61A93496-003E-4E07-AC33-0508E6A3B35A.jpeg

9CD07110-AA32-4DCE-BE54-09A79D97F028.jpeg

• Excellent 1

KrazeyOlDave

94A1B2E8-E675-4FA3-AA2F-9DC0E34D946F.jpeg

• Like 3

Pullstart

Will this be direct drive now, or a coupled drive chain?  Is your pump multi-directional?

KrazeyOlDave
10 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Will this be direct drive now, or a coupled drive chain?  Is your pump multi-directional?

Direct with a lovejoy. And I’m not sure to be honest with you, I can turn the pump in both directions freely by hand.

0F2BAB72-233E-447D-8067-853472B1AD01.jpeg

Pullstart

Gotcha.  Your pump should have either arrows denoting the rotation, or maybe you could look up the model number and it’ll tell you.  Spinning the pump, my guess is you can simply swap the hoses for suction and pressure.

• Like 2

KrazeyOlDave
Just now, pullstart said:

Gotcha.  Your pump should have either arrows denoting the rotation, or maybe you could look up the model number and it’ll tell you.  Spinning the pump, my guess is you can simply swap the hoses for suction and pressure.

No arrows on it but I’ll send you the info when I’m home. The two ports are different size.

• Sad 1

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

No arrows on it but I’ll send you the info when I’m home. The two ports are different size.

That might not end up working so hot.  

KrazeyOlDave

That might not end up working so hot.  

Oh no, do tell...I’m not a hydraulic guru 

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

Oh no, do tell...I’m not a hydraulic guru 

There are different types of pumps, like vane or piston style.  Some have check balls to only allow fluid one direction.  Some do not and are considered bi-directional or multi-directional. 

I also can’t help but notice the dirt bikes... back on the first page of the build.  If you happen to come across a 125 two stroke that I can chase my kid around on her KX65... :D  Could ya let me know?

• Like 1

KrazeyOlDave

There are different types of pumps, like vane or piston style.  Some have check balls to only allow fluid one direction.  Some do not and are considered bi-directional or multi-directional. 

I also can’t help but notice the dirt bikes... back on the first page of the build.  If you happen to come across a 125 two stroke that I can chase my kid around on her KX65... :D  Could ya let me know?

Ahh ok, I’m familiar with that aspect. It shouldn’t be a problem since I’m still turning it in the same direction as I was? 
We used to race years ago, we just play around on 4 stroke pitbikes now. The KX65 is one hell of a little beast.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Silly me.  Yep, it’s the same direction alright!  :eusa-doh:

• Haha 1

Pullstart
5 minutes ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

The KX65 is one hell of a little beast.

She is used to the semi-auto 110 pit bike with lots of low end grunt... so she shifts early and bogs it down a bit.  I hopped on with her and we were probably sailing 45-50 across the field last night.  Me on the hand controls and telling her when to shift...  teaching her about 2 stroke power bands.  Talk about butt pucker factor on the back of that with no pegs!

• Haha 2

KrazeyOlDave
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

She is used to the semi-auto 110 pit bike with lots of low end grunt... so she shifts early and bogs it down a bit.  I hopped on with her and we were probably sailing 45-50 across the field last night.  Me on the hand controls and telling her when to shift...  teaching her about 2 stroke power bands.  Talk about butt pucker factor on the back of that with no pegs!

Yeah buddy, it’s not the speed that hurts, it’s that landing/sudden stop that gets ya

• Haha 3

Pullstart
Just now, KrazeyOlDave said:

Yeah buddy, it’s not the speed that hurts, it’s that landing/sudden stop that gets ya

We told her she needs to learn how to fall, but then how to get back up.  It happens on dirt bikes.  AND LIFE.  

• Like 2

KrazeyOlDave

Hickerbilly sleeve I made to hold the lovejoys inline, actually worked...not gonna lie, pure luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KrazeyOlDave

E103A009-5555-446B-B886-25FCEC443189.jpeg

5DDAA445-2959-4E82-8B68-8F395EFCAD95.jpeg

• Excellent 2

KrazeyOlDave

Tractorhead

Nice solution.

to work the Clutch you have to support the belt on the underside in lenght i guess.

• Like 1

KrazeyOlDave
3 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Nice solution.

to work the Clutch you have to support the belt on the underside in lenght i guess.

I’m not following what you are saying about the clutch 

Tractorhead

When i reworked my 656 beltcover, i see that the main focus shall be on two pieces,

firstly the gap between pulley and the belt,

second the belt tends if it will be released pulled by force to the Ground.

That lower support gives the belt the ability to release without autoengage itself by gravity.

👍

• Like 1

KrazeyOlDave

Much MUCH better, should have done this to begin with!

• Excellent 1

Tractorhead

Great improve, no beltslip and not much noise from a Chaindrive.

👍

• Thanks 1