Pullstart

Wow, two bumps and bruises in a row. I took another spill.

Pullstart

We are preparing for a crazy storm coming across the big lake.  @dells68 and his wife Becca were angels and sent me a warning.  I was given a oil burning furnace that hangs from the ceiling... it needed to be unloaded.  I stepped off the back of the truck by mistake and landed on a light bracket on the back blade... my body on the ground.  No pics needed, but just below my left cheek... on the inside of my leg, there’s massive swelling.

• Sad 12

Daddy Don

Forget the furnace and take care of yourself. Get your friends over and let them move the furnace for you. Good luck and take care of yourself.

Edited by Daddy Don
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

JAinVA

Kev,

I don't know  if you are just clumsy or darned unlucky.Hope you are okay.I fall down all the time but thats age,meds or libations.When all three kick in it's quite a sight.Take care.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Pullstart

Jim...  haste made waste indeed!  I keep telling my girls... unless a bone is sticking out of your body, we are NOT going to the ER right now!

• Like 6

JAinVA

Kev.

Thats how I was raised.I didn't see a doctor for over 20 years.I had been told I had a heart mur mur as a child but I never had a doctor explain what that meant.Many surgeries later I know about the meaning and see 2 doctors every 6 months.I tell them I feel fine and ask why am I here? We want to check on you.What a racquet?

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

Not good...

Hope nothing serious...

Heal fast. Stay well.

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

on the inside of my leg, there’s massive swelling

ICE,    LOTS OF ICE!        I've had my share of falls over the years,  now my balance is so bad that I have to watch every step.   If I had been that careful when I was young I probably wouldn't have these problems now.

th?id=OIP.jRJ1AqQ3M8k_mDr4BYz14QAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=3001534706654_gettingold.jpg.cff81c97874127f1d098931a4b50dc38.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Pullstart

I went right for the ice Richard, on and off every 10 or 15 minutes :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

Tractorhead

Ice buddy, yap mass of ice, inside and outside.

Take care, best wishes for quick healing!

Pullstart

I’m glad it’s where I landed, we could be talking castrations here instead :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

steelman

I can picture doing something like that when you are in a hurry. Lucky you didn't break something or smack your head on it. You'll feel it for a few days but not being castrated is a good thing!  

• Thanks 1

ZXT

Man, take care of yourself! People are bound to be injured throughout their lives, but yours are happening far too close together! Hope you're OK!

Should we go ahead and order you a life alert button? :lol: :hide:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Achto

Hope you heal fast Kevin.

quote-if-i-knew-i-was-going-to-live-this-long-i-d-have-taken-better-care-of-myself-mickey-mantle-119169.jpg.cc990cc35c03a703febd0bb9d72f0d05.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

ZXT
17 minutes ago, Achto said:

Hope you heal fast Kevin.

quote-if-i-knew-i-was-going-to-live-this-long-i-d-have-taken-better-care-of-myself-mickey-mantle-119169.jpg.cc990cc35c03a703febd0bb9d72f0d05.jpg

Somewhere my mother has a picture of Mickey Mantle in one of my Great Grandfather' Model A Ford's. Hung in the living room in my Great Grandmothers house until her passing in '15. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

roadapples

Heal fast Buddy and be careful....

• Thanks 1

rjg854

Good thing you're younger, Kevin :ychain:  I don't bounce as good as I used to :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

I feel a bit sore today, but leg is feeling very well!  Still tender, but the muscle isn’t deeply bruised (yet).  I live to fight another day!

• Like 6

PeacemakerJack

Kevin—so glad you aren’t/weren’t seriously hurt.  You need to be more careful (coming from a guy who “engineered” the homemade clutch spring compressor)...

DF20E750-B80C-4C4B-8AF1-02BD717EA6F5.jpeg.75a36d3c14715879ba199001f8de20cc.jpeg

honestly...what could go wrong here🤞🏻?

It is crazy how quickly stuff can happen when dealing with oversized objects and uneven “terrain”.  I’m so glad this one didn’t have to end with a trip to the ER.  Stay safe my friend...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

dclarke

Ouch! Take care of yourself Kevin. I stepped off the tailgate by mistake a few years ago, it hurts. 

• Sad 1

19richie66

I know the feeling well Kevin. I seem to hit my head on a lot of stuff. With a head this big, it’s bound to happen. :laughing-rolling: Get well my friend. 

• Haha 4

Pullstart

I honestly figured I’d be a worthless gimp all day.  But now that it’s 9 am, I figured I should get up and do something productive! :laughing-rofl:

Thanks for the thoughts y’all, I am very pleased to not have super deep tissue bruising.. or even a bruise at all.  I had some pains all the way to my ankle last night and I was hoping the nerves and veins would fare well.

clueless
12 hours ago, pullstart said:

I went right for the ice Richard, on and off every 10 or 15 minutes :handgestures-thumbupright:

A few year ago I was out on the deck grill'n and chill'n when I trip over one of the damn dogs toy and twisted my ankle. I sat down on the lounge chair as the ankle started to swell, after awhile the wife came out and I told her what happened, she looked at my ankle and said she'd get some ice. She came back out with the ice and dumped it in the cooler of beer and moved it next to me :handgestures-thumbupright:, if that ain't love I don't know what is.

Kev, take care of yourself, I'm starting to worry :(.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

JoeM

wow, could have been much worse. Good to know you will be okay.

One thing is.... when your 60 something, you will be reminded of those accidents everyday! Do get some rest to heal.

I was working on a ladder one day and stepped off the bottom rung and rolled my ankle under. No big deal, was a bit swollen, continued to work. It would swell a bit off and on. Turned out I tore some stuff in there and arthritis set in. Two ankle fusions later, walking kind of okay. All because I sucked it up and didn't rest it to heal. :angry-nono: Still upset with myself. 

• Sad 2

Pullstart

This is the bracket of which my weight landed on first.  It’s 2-1/2” tall.  Yeah, I’ll take the time to remove both of them... the lights are long gone.  :hide:

4FD59A6F-066F-4A19-9010-16AFF2E7DB66.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

Here’s the furnace.  It’s a fuel oil burner and I’ll work to convert a brand new burner head to run waste oil through.

D9D50F7C-5D0B-48B4-9E49-4353531F82D4.jpeg

C5A00F13-C63A-4FA2-BF1E-46AB03DA158F.jpeg

• Like 4