Another option...

No refrigeration needed...

No other food for that matter...

image.jpeg.48875d05b814346191edd1653d1a322a.jpeg

:twocents-02cents:

Cheers!

• Like 5

JAinVA

I haven't eaten cereal for breakfast in years but the missus does.I asked her about the milk supply and she said she has powdered milk on hand for the cat.She said that Katy liked it better than whole milk.Just a thought.I would never waste beer on cereal.But thats just me.Stay well all !

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Certainly, not on the cat either. :angry-nono:

• Haha 2

tom2p
22 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Our SGSD  (senior grocery shopping day) isn't till Thursday at 6AM.    I hope we make it, as I haven't had to eat water on my cereal since 1948.

102_1529.JPG.af0b0db45339af35eae26d013ded3554.JPG

Thought I better revise the April calendar.

102_1530.JPG.513046ca7d8adc11ebb3456b1fa19d99.JPG

Updated today.

102_1532.JPG.22f6a910ef848c79f2e80c03c26bff43.JPG

Stay calm

Stay home

Stay safe

Ed - our calendar was similar 

but in western PA - more than half of those spring games would be postponed 

especially the past two years (2018, 19) which were among the wettest on record 

( need artificial turf fields in western PA )

and this really complicated grass cutting - very few days without rain and if it was clear we would be playing baseball 

because of this sometimes forced to cut grass in the dark ... even cut in light rain a few times 

not ideal for sure - because I much prefer cutting dry grass ... typically wait until dew dissipates 

• Sad 2

noncritical

I do believe the virus is out there but I also believe certain governors are inflating the numbers trying to get more federal money As here in susquehanna county all the deaths are from a nursing home and did they actually die from vivid?As the it from our state health department ruins our state with fictitious numbers and distroys small businesses We need to stand up people before we loose more to china

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

stevasaurus

@noncritical  Your post smacks of conspiracy theories.  I really doubt any governor is inflating numbers for any reason.  When only 1% of the population has been tested...nobody has any idea how many people are infected.  I suggest you broaden your horizons and listen to more then one side of the issues.  Don't spread the junk you are listening to...no matter what side you are on...listen to both sides.  Regardless, this is not the site for this kind of post.  You are attacking rather then expressing...understand??   :eusa-think:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 2

JAinVA

Thanks stevasaurus for reminding all of us why we come to this site.You and the other mods keep Red Square what it is, fun and informative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart 2

adsm08
4 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

@noncritical  Your post smacks of conspiracy theories.  I really doubt any governor is inflating numbers for any reason.  When only 1% of the population has been tested...nobody has any idea how many people are infected.  I suggest you broaden your horizons and listen to more then one side of the issues.  Don't spread the junk you are listening to...no matter what side you are on...listen to both sides.  Regardless, this is not the site for this kind of post.  You are attacking rather then expressing...understand??   :eusa-think:

My wife works in health care and deals directly with PA's dept of health almost daily. This information is about as close to the horses' mouth as I can get.

Our numbers in PA are truly inflated artificially. A number of doctors she used to work with recently have suspended their practices after being told to write COVID in on death certificates if they had a current case when they died, had it but recovered, lived with someone who had it but were never tested, if they looked like they may have had it, or if the doc even suspected they were in the same building with someone who had it. Basically they are listing COVID as a primary cause of death in cases where there isn't even a positive diagnosis. That is inflating the numbers.

Under the current "plan" for re-opening the state most of our counties outside of Pittsburgh and Philly meet the requirements for re-opening if you take the isolated populations of nursing homes and prisons out of the numbers. They are still counting those cases into the average of the general population. The governor's orders for a lot of anti-virus spreading measures actually go against recommendations from the CDC. Some of those orders were developed and put in place under the guidance of the state's Secretary of Health, an MD who has issues grasping basic biology.

On top of that there has been talk out of DOH about leaving the masking order in place until a vaccine is developed, and then requiring people to get said vaccine, and if they won't get it or won't provide proof they got it the state will prevent you from participating in basic life activities like registering your car. Frankly the PA government's action in the last two weeks smack of a power grab rather than a genuine attempt at protecting public health.

Edited by adsm08
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Heart 1

stevasaurus

@adsm08  Governor Cuomo (Governor of New York) talked about what you said above.  He called it 2 lists...1 of verified Carona Viruus and a 2nd list of presumed Carona Virus deaths.  He said some states keep the lists separate, some combine the lists and to really not take too much stock in the numbers because of that.  I can imagine, with the amount of people they had in the hospitals, they did not have a lot of time or maybe not even the tests to verify everyone that passed.  Governor Cuomo also said they keep trying to go back and correct those lists and numbers.  He talked about the people that have died at home that may not be on any list.  What is happening in this country and around the world is truly tragic, but I don't think the one with the highest number of deaths is going to win anything.  The one thing we know, at this point, separation does work.  :eusa-think:

• Excellent 4

Stormin

Current death rate for the UK is 32,313. That's England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland combined. Care homes are counted in that figure and care home deaths are rising. We have now overtaken Italy.

What must be taken into consideration though, is that we are just a small island in comparison to the rest of Europe and the USA. The population not as spread about.

Things could have been handled better by our government and they are accepting that and not trying to blame others. I'm certainly not and for the most part people are following advice. You'll always get the selfish and ignorant who think they know better, no matter where you live.

What is needed now is for ALL governments to work together to overcome this pandemic. Though I'm afraid there's little chance of that I'm sorry to say.

• Heart 4

adsm08
7 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

@adsm08  Governor Cuomo (Governor of New York) talked about what you said above.  He called it 2 lists...1 of verified Carona Viruus and a 2nd list of presumed Carona Virus deaths.  He said some states keep the lists separate, some combine the lists and to really not take too much stock in the numbers because of that.  I can imagine, with the amount of people they had in the hospitals, they did not have a lot of time or maybe not even the tests to verify everyone that passed.  Governor Cuomo also said they keep trying to go back and correct those lists and numbers.  He talked about the people that have died at home that may not be on any list.  What is happening in this country and around the world is truly tragic, but I don't think the one with the highest number of deaths is going to win anything.  The one thing we know, at this point, separation does work.  :eusa-think:

The other thing we know is that none of the numbers we have at the moment mean anything, in fact most of them are useless from a statistical standpoint.

Our death-toll can't be used to calculate an accurate mortality rate because we don't know how many total are infected, and we know our death-toll numbers are skewed as well.

Of confirmed active cases we have (and these numbers are now a few weeks old) a roughly 7.4% mortality rate.

The most recent world-wide totals for confirmed cases I can find is a little over 3.6 million. As of a week or two ago anti-body testing in NY state alone had shown 2.5 million people (at that time I believe this number was higher than the world-wide confirmed case count) had successfully recovered without medical intervention. Most of those had not even known they were sick. The statistical extrapolation of those numbers put the total infected rate a 50-80 times the confirmed count, at least in the US. That would drop the mortality rate of COVID-19 to .75%.

A lot of those numbers are specific to NYS, but they add up to a lot of skewed stats that indicate this virus is not nearly as deadly as we were originally lead to believe. It also does a dramatic amount of damage to the argument that the government is curtailing our rights for "the greater good" and makes these on-going actions look a lot more like a power-grab than a public health initiative.

And I in no way mean any of this to be any sort of partisan political argument. If you look at all the numbers, all the actions, all the affiliations, across all the US, by and large both the Dems and the GOP are equally guilty of this reprehensible behavior. I was on-board with, if not somewhat skeptical of, these actions at the outset while we tried to contain and understand what we were up against. My issue now, with everyone across the board, is that the recovery numbers revise upward daily, and with them the mortality rate, as a percentage, goes down just as fast. We are seeing more and more evidence that the entire world's reaction to this has been a panic driven over-reaction (think little kid running out of a room screaming and crying about a "bee" because a fly buzzed past and all they heard was the buzz) but nobody, not one of them, is willing to say "Ok, now that we have a little more data it looks like we went a little over-board, lets start getting things put back in order".

Edited by adsm08
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell

I promised myself I would never again  post on these topics that tend to get combative and political......but I found this table to be very interesting.

USA death rate per 1000

YEAR                  RATE

1950                      9.649 

then a pretty steady decline to

1983                      8.829 

then fluctuated ending at a low of

2008                      8.124  

then a steady increase to

2019                      8.782   

this years current rate 

2020                      8.880    

I hope I survive a few more years to see what the trend does after this pandemic.   I'm betting we'll see a decline.

I better make a note to check the straps on all my tree stands.  Always figgered that's the way I'd go out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

formariz
14 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I better make a note to check the straps on all my tree stands.  Always figgered that's the way I'd go out.

As I get older I seem to think more about my mortality . I guess and hope its normal. Always think of how would be the best way to "go out". Looking at or doing something that is dear to me I keep thinking.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

tom2p

for my father - his quality of life took a big hit when he was no longer able to drive  

reduced eyesight and dexterity (etc) also played a role - but for him loss of driving was the big one 

loss of the ability to drive can especially be an issue when living in the suburbs and rural areas 

• Heart 1

formariz
48 minutes ago, tom2p said:

for my father - his quality of life took a big hit when he was no longer able to drive  

reduced eyesight and dexterity (etc) also played a role - but for him loss of driving was the big one 

loss of the ability to drive can especially be an issue when living in the suburbs and rural areas 

I can imagine. Essentially he lost a lot of his independence.

953 nut
11 hours ago, formariz said:

As I get older I seem to think more about my mortality . I guess and hope its normal.

Sad but true.  Each time I look at the obituaries I can't help but notice that I am older than a lot of the people who have gone on to be with our Lord. When I was young I attended a lot of weddings and christenings, now it is funerals and celebrations of life. I know not how or when my earthly life will end, I just hope there will be Wheel Horses in Heaven!

• Heart 5

stevasaurus

:occasion-xmas:

adsm08
On 5/6/2020 at 8:15 AM, 953 nut said:

Sad but true.  Each time I look at the obituaries I can't help but notice that I am older than a lot of the people who have gone on to be with our Lord. When I was young I attended a lot of weddings and christenings, now it is funerals and celebrations of life. I know not how or when my earthly life will end, I just hope there will be Wheel Horses in Heaven!

At the end of time, when Heaven and Earth are made new and we have new bodies, do we get new Wheel Horses too?

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 2