CCW

How your small town is vulnerable

peter lena

its scary, but realise ,that you cannot take anything about it for granted. only go out for whats needed as necessary, keep your distance , regularly wash hands an face. having said that , we are not in the  work zone , both retired ,so our lives can easily be altered to fit what is going on . example , always have a pick up list ready and communicate with each other as to anything else that is needed . just the thought of being in a dense crowd should be a no issue ,to eliminate it. each one of us is looking at the problem in a different way, if possible , minimise  your contact  time  , maximize your  to do list , have something to do at home , listen to your favorite music  , talk , try and take the outside edge off . being older you look at things differently , use that experience , we can get thru this ,  make a good choice , pete  

• Like 5

953 nut

Today I saw on the news that a group of about 40 clueless idiots near Los Angeles, CA decided they had an important event the was worth disregarding the ban on such large gatherings. :scared-eek:  They held a Birthday party for a One Year Old child:law-policered: The police were called by a concerned neighbor and the event escalated to point the back-ups had to be called in. :soapbox:  What the heck is wrong with these idiots. :pray:   I pray that the police who responded and the idiots involved in the party don't come down with coronavirus.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19richie66

I have to close on my home so I will be taking a trip to NC to finalize that. While there I plan on doing nothing but the paperwork  then begin working on my property. 5 miles out of town at the back of the woods will be a nice getaway. I have plenty of rubber gloves and sanitizer for the gas stations and will take my own food and drinks. No hanging out for me. I would have done the FedX thing with the paperwork but you still have people handling the stuff, not to mention all the other mail laying around it. Then I would have had to find a notary and send it back. Plus I have a trailer load of things to get up there. Obstacles, obstacles, obstacles…..

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

bottjernat1

I grew up in the town of Kendallville Indiana, We had someone pass threw with it they went to the local hospital but then got sent to fortwayne hospital and so far we still have super low numbers. It is a town of about 10,000. I live 7 miles south in avilla. A lot of folks have been staying in. I have been working even tho my work filed bankruptcy last Monday. So it is a bit sketchy. I have been at my job for over 16 years. Right now we are booming tho. since people are staying indoors and at home more folks are reading. I thank the Lord I am able to work! My poor son in law got shut down. Here is a snip it of right now and the county i live in!

corona.JPG

Edited by bottjernat1

Cvans

Right now I'm so glad that the facility I worked at is closed. We were in the food processing industry and I can't imagine what we would have been going through with this virus. Our food supply and the people who provide the food we eat must be under tremendous strain right now. My heart goes out to them and anyone trying to keep this great nation running. 

• Heart 2

EricF

I pray that "essential" companies and facilities practice safety and care for those who do have to work.

The company I work for sent everyone who works in an office to work from home. Even if they had to take the desktop computer and monitor off their desk, the order was "GO HOME!" For the ones in the factories and distribution centers, wear masks and if you're the least bit sick, STAY HOME! No one is to take any chances infecting anyone who has to come in to work, period. Nobody can go into an office without getting permission, and only two people are allowed in the office at a time, to keep their distance from each other and all spaces are to be kept sanitized at all times.

Not easy to manage for everyone, but we're all serious as a whole company about staying healthy and keeping every last worker healthy. This virus can go from mildly annoying to life-threatening before you realize. It's scary, serious business.

I guess the problem a lot of the risk-taking idiots have is that the virus doesn't have a fast, dramatic onset. It's not horrifying like Ebola or something you see in a movie. You're fine while it takes hold, until it moves into your lungs and slowly strangles you from the inside out. People worried about terrorists in our land? This is far, far worse. Can't see it, can't detect it until it's too late. People won't know if they're carrying it. Why take chances, when, with effort, we can protect ourselves and our neighbors?

• Like 2