JCM

Truck & Trailer Camping

JCM

Looking for info on camping with a 8' regular cab pickup which is roughly 20' long attached with a Cargo Pro trailer that is from coupler to back end of trailer 16' overall 36'. I have a copy of a Fall 2010 WHCC Newsletter which states if you are tent camping you may have 1 vehicle at your campsite. If you are camping in a camper you will still have to unhook and park a tow vehicle in parking lot to reduce congestion in camping area. Again still all trailers flat and box are to be parked in the parking lot. Would my truck be able to be disconnected and parked next to the trailer or is there just not enough room for a lot of campers to keep the truck connected. How far is the lot from camping area. How many electrical hookups are there and if not enough hookups are small generators allowed during certain hours. Could someone update me on these WHCC parking rules or has this changed since this 2010 Newsletter.      Thank You  Jim  

WHX??

If you are goin to use the RV parking sites that have electric Jimbo you will need to unhook and park in the truck in the open area which is just a stones throw from the RV area. You might be able to park the truck next to the camper if space available.  There are quite a few .. at least two dozen sites with power. Gennys are ok from like 7 till 10 or till the beer is cold. :lol: 

Camp Nazis always told us we could stay hooked up unless there  was a need for more camping spots. We were always able to stay hooked up so we had truck power just to run the enclosed lites. Not a big deal for us either way. 

If the show does (hopefully :greetings-clappingorange:) go on might not be alot of folks ther so this might all a mute point with plenty of room. It all works out when you get there and get setup. 

Our setups from '16 & '18. 

20160623_154021.jpg

20180621_154709.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

JCM

Thank you Jim for the info, that is perfect the way you are setup there, we really don't need to be plugged in if it comes down to that. Hoping to arrive Thursday morning at opening time barring no issues.      Thanks again

WHX??

Yer :text-welcomewave:Jim .. I know my rookie year we came with all bases covered so just trying to save ya any hassle.

Still on on fence as whether  or not to to bring the toy hauler or enclosed this year. Hauler is nice to stay in but enclosed can carry more tractors! 

We camped in many a shows with the enclosed with an air mattress but since got spoiled by the hauler's comforts with indoor plumbing. My wife pees alot!  Our load is lookin like Dan's @Achto diesel horse, a 1055 and a 702.. maybe Dan's rat .... Dan says if it fits it ships!:lol: Plus still have room for contraband...

20190517_161923.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

JCM

As the saying goes,less is sometimes more. Appreciate your input. I think I can make that cargo trailer pretty comfy, bought a side door, ordered a side window, roof vent etc, just need some dry weather to get started on it. When do you usually arrive and stay until. Also how are the showers at the fairground, I am not going to see you run by my campsite with your birthday suit on , am I.

• Like 1

WHX??
15 minutes ago, JCM said:

When do you usually arrive and stay until. 

We will get ther on Thursday when gates open @ 9AM and leave around noon on Saturday. Show is pretty much over by then much to my dislike. Time flies like it's standing still if you get my meaning  You can camp till Sunday but have to be off the grounds by 9AM.  Saturday nite is pretty dead but good time to hang with stragglers and make some friends. 

Shower's ain't the worst... good enough for carney dudes good enough for me. Usually hot water to go round.  

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??
20 minutes ago, JCM said:

, I am not going to see you run by my campsite with your birthday suit on , am I.

May come to that... :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 1

squonk

"Carney dudes"! :ROTF:

WHX??

Here's a general layout Jim. 

Big Show Labeled.jpg

• Like 2

JCM

Thanks Jim for the map layout. The open tent trailer camping area looks like there may be some shade there on a hot day, is that where the pics of both your rigs were setup.

WHX??

Your :text-welcomewave:Jim. 

Yeah we set up just to the right of the main entrance. Not a ton of room ther as just to the east is a makeshift dock for getting tractors on and off. So gotta keep that open.  In back of the horse trading area I know a couple of guys got squatters rights. Stevebo has squatters just to the west of the display area in those trees... he's been ther for years so ya just gotta respect things like that.

The club does a nice job of handling things so it all works out in the end and all have fun. 

Let's just pray ther is a BS this year. Lookin forward to meeting you and swapping some hydronic tactics not to mention buying some new friends and wapping some old ones up side the head! :lol:

Edited by WHX24
Speeling & gramma
  • Haha 1