tom2p
10 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Great post.

Beautiful barn.

yeah - what he said 

super duper outstanding !

• Like 3

ZXT

Excellent looking tractors, and that CJ doesn't look bad either! :)

Don't be a stranger! We love reading posts about peoples tractors and the process of the work being done to them. 

Welcome back from another sparky!

• Like 2

JCM

NICE , barn, yard and tractors. In 1989 I bought a new 312-8 with a 42'' SD  deck , chrome wheel covers and a tractor cover for $ 3400.00 , I think I got taken .Still runs like the day I bought it.      Very nice collection.

Jims Camera uploaded 2019 Nov 236.JPG

• Like 4

Pullstart

@top_cat beautiful collection!  Feel free to come isolate yourself in my barn and give a good cleaning :laughing-rofl:

• Haha 3

c-series don

Wow that whole show is really, really nice! Looks like a nice place for a meet and greet! Only 50 minutes off the New London ferry for me! 

Edited by c-series don
  • Excellent 1

top_cat

Thanks for the comments on the barn. My 250 year old barn didn't survive the snows in 2011. Luckily I had most everything out before it collapsed. A friend of mine has a sawmill so in the fall of 2011 we had a barn raising. To me it feels like being in northern Maine, it's a great place to hide.

My Jeep's a 1981 CJ-5, I've had it for about 25 years. Got carried away and put a Chevy fuel injected 5.3 with a Muncie SM465 a few years ago. Scary power for a 2500 pound vehicle.

Hey JCM, I bought my 1993 310-8 new for $3000 with a 37 SD, and bagger. The hour meter stopped working about 20 years ago with 480 hrs. My cousin went with me to pick it, to expensive he said. He bought a big box green machine for $1800. He just bought his 5th "tractor" last spring. Over the years I've put 4 new tires, fuel pump, seat, axle seals, brake band, couple belts, plugs and lots of oil changes. I just finished replacing the hood stand. The raised ring that hold the lift arm bushing broke off. I did find a used hood stand online cheap but basically had only the wheels and engine on the frame to replace it, lots of work. I guess 27 years of lifting the snow blower took it's toll. Has anyone else had this problem ?

Not a bad return for my investment. You used to get what you paid for.

CIMG2205 (2).JPG

CIMG2946.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

tom2p

wow that Jeep would be scary fast 

recall the Jeep CJ's factory equipped with a V8 ... 304 or something like that ?  ... they ran well 

heck the V6 CJs ran well ... Buick V6 ? ... (aluminum ?) ... 

• Like 1

tom2p
1 hour ago, JCM said:

NICE , barn, yard and tractors. In 1989 I bought a new 312-8 with a 42'' SD  deck , chrome wheel covers and a tractor cover for $ 3400.00 , I think I got taken .Still runs like the day I bought it.      Very nice collection.

Jims Camera uploaded 2019 Nov 236.JPG

lol you got taken for sure 

don't we all aspire to be taken like this more in the future !

Edited by tom2p
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, top_cat said:

He just bought his 5th "tractor" last spring. Over the years I've put 4 new tires, fuel pump, seat, axle seals, brake band, couple belts, plugs and lots of oil changes. I just finished replacing the hood stand

Well let's add this up....

Nope nevermind....

You clearly won that round....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH

Nice everything!

:bow-blue:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, top_cat said:

Thanks for the comments on the barn. My 250 year old barn didn't survive the snows in 2011. Luckily I had most everything out before it collapsed. A friend of mine has a sawmill so in the fall of 2011 we had a barn raising. To me it feels like being in northern Maine, it's a great place to hide.

My Jeep's a 1981 CJ-5, I've had it for about 25 years. Got carried away and put a Chevy fuel injected 5.3 with a Muncie SM465 a few years ago. Scary power for a 2500 pound vehicle.

Hey JCM, I bought my 1993 310-8 new for $3000 with a 37 SD, and bagger. The hour meter stopped working about 20 years ago with 480 hrs. My cousin went with me to pick it, to expensive he said. He bought a big box green machine for $1800. He just bought his 5th "tractor" last spring. Over the years I've put 4 new tires, fuel pump, seat, axle seals, brake band, couple belts, plugs and lots of oil changes. I just finished replacing the hood stand. The raised ring that hold the lift arm bushing broke off. I did find a used hood stand online cheap but basically had only the wheels and engine on the frame to replace it, lots of work. I guess 27 years of lifting the snow blower took it's toll. Has anyone else had this problem ?

Not a bad return for my investment. You used to get what you paid for.

CIMG2205 (2).JPG

CIMG2946.JPG

Did you save the Cupolla and put it on the new barn? Super sweet!

top_cat

The cupola was about the only thing in one piece. I did try,  but the 250 year old wood kind of just disintegrated. The copper top hat though has a place of honor along with some other hardware inside the new barn. Some of the old chestnut beams were use by a friend to fix an old shed, not much else was salvageable.

• Like 2

top_cat

My addiction was off, the barn was built in the 1820s. I wonder if the new one will be around in 200 years.

Sparky

Sorry to hear ya have “excess time  off”, but catching up on home projects is a good way to use the time. 
  Nice collection and barn!
 Good to have another Connecticut sparky posting here :handgestures-thumbupright:

JCM

@top_cat  I had a customer of mine that purchased homes built in the 1600's    1700's   &   1800's   and brought them back to their original state sparing no expense and would live in them for 3 4 5 years and then sell them and go on to the next one. I did these for 20 years and after the last one which was roughly 4 years ago and after 7 of these I   decided I had enough and moved on to other types of Plumbing & Heating work. It was amazing to see homes that old still be able to be fully restored to their original condition to allow someone else to  live in that type of home as the original owners once did. Moral of the story, if your beautiful barn was built by someone who really cares  and used top quality materials and will be carefully maintained I think that barn will be around for a long time after we depart this earth. 

• Like 1