That my friend is a wonderful story 

and great tractor! Looks like a little

clean up as well as a good tune up 

and you'll be good to go! Keep us posted 

on your progress! 
:text-welcomeconfetti:TO:rs:

• Like 3

Wildhorse

Nice to see another one back to work, enjoy!

• Like 3

ZXT

Nice tractor, but that stack looks like it would be deafening and would definitely catch a ton of rain water. I would personally put a Nelson style muffler on it. The quieter the better.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Sam Pasch
22 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Nice tractor, but that stack looks like it would be deafening and would definitely catch a ton of rain water. I would personally put a Nelson style muffler on it. The quieter the better.

I put a can over it if its sitting outside, but I agree I'll probably put a muffler on it.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

ZXT
4 minutes ago, Sam Pasch said:

I put a can over it if its sitting outside, but I agree I'll probably put a muffler on it.

I'd put a stack with a muffler, and pipe that you can put a flapper on. Should work pretty good to keep the water out!

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

Nice!

:notworthy:

Sam Pasch

I started pulling the deck apart to restore it. Some of the bolts are rounded off and there is a rot hole in the back section.

15854431932131439239376.jpg

Edited by Sam Pasch
  • Like 2

ZXT
4 minutes ago, Sam Pasch said:

I started pulling the deck apart to restore it. Some of the bolts are rounded off and there is a rot hole in the back section.

15854431932131439239376.jpg

Do you own a welder or a torch? Holes can be fixed pretty easily with a welder, and rounded off rusty bolts can be removed with the heat wrench. 

Vise grips are good at securing rounded off bolts as well, but it looks like your bolts are a little past that!

Edited by ZXT
  • Like 3

Sam Pasch

I can fix the hole pretty easy, but I dont have a torch. I might end up having to grind the bolts off.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Great story, always nike to keep a horse in the family.

If you have a 55 gallon plastic barrel and a battery charger you can set up an electrolisis tank.  It's a great way to remove rust and old paint down to bare metal.  Google electrolisis tank or E-tank for instructions, quite simple.    

• Like 3

Sam Pasch

I think some ag tires in the back would improve the look.

15854441272091058132714.jpg

• Like 5

Sam Pasch

Look what I found in my stash.

1585445412319672155725.jpg

• Like 8

Cvans

Congratulations on acquiring your dream tractor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Great story Sam!  I have a few things left from my grandparents and cherish them greatly.  Unfortunately there are no family tractors in my collection, but I hope my grandkids don’t have to say the same...

Did ya have to do anything to get the machine running at the grandparents’ place?

Sam Pasch

Just filled it up with gas and after a few sputters it came to life.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Sam Pasch

I got a muffler now. Much quieter and the neighbors should appreciate it.

15854871839801119178338.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

hello ,sam , great opportunity to keep that going , easy wipe down with some wd40 on a rag . will feed that paint , stop the rust and bring out the look you want, another thing that you said was the 1/2 mile drive home , terrific start on total drive line oil / lubricant heat up for draining  / flushing , my experience would be to do that drive a couple of times (   at least  ) . get some seafoam in the gas , bring a small tool kit , aerosol carb cleaner , .stop ,adjust and find out what you have . don,t for get to change the shift boot , probably torn / rotted , use silicone grease on shifter rod for easy replacement . done those very things , a number of times on a base line ,look see for overall operation. this is my own experience , no offence to anyone with a different view , pete

• Like 3

The Tuul Crib
12 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Great stork, always nike to keep a horse in the family.

If you have a 55 gallon plastic barrel and a battery charger you can set up an electrolisis tank.  It's a great way to remove rust and old paint down to bare metal.  Google electrolisis tank or E-tank for instructions, quite simple.    

:text-yeahthat:

Sam Pasch
41 minutes ago, peter lena said:

hello ,sam , great opportunity to keep that going , easy wipe down with some wd40 on a rag . will feed that paint , stop the rust and bring out the look you want, another thing that you said was the 1/2 mile drive home , terrific start on total drive line oil / lubricant heat up for draining  / flushing , my experience would be to do that drive a couple of times (   at least  ) . get some seafoam in the gas , bring a small tool kit , aerosol carb cleaner , .stop ,adjust and find out what you have . don,t for get to change the shift boot , probably torn / rotted , use silicone grease on shifter rod for easy replacement . done those very things , a number of times on a base line ,look see for overall operation. this is my own experience , no offence to anyone with a different view , pete

I tried your suggestion with the wd40. It worked very well. Thanks!

1585489784759628227624.jpg

• Excellent 3

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

change the shift boot

Pete's got a good point there.

Do a diesel flush on the transmission and get some fresh delicious fluid in there.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Sam Pasch

Made a video a couple of days ago going around the block.

youtube.com/watch?v=-f80FFo8G_E

• Like 2