ohiofarmer

crime wave coming??

ohiofarmer
  1.   I am concerned about the sudden inflow of  government money and the crimes of opportunity it might cause.    Think of a branch bank located close to a lower income area. There are a good amount of people living in this area who do not have bank accounts to deposit their checks into, so they cash their $1200 check.  I just hope that some organized thugs do not follow them home and rob them.
  2. I am also concerned at what effect that $1200 check could have on an addict.   All that money at once might just prove f
  3. We had to have law enforcement hanging around when Kroger stores in springfield Ohio had special hours for seniors only. They were getting mugged in the parking lot.  If you think this is far fetched, consider my friend Pete. Pete is a big guy, and he need gas, so he went to a bank branch and cashed his check and then went to the closest station. The station had cheap gas as second tier stations often do. Pete locked his bank deposit except for the $20 he needed for the gas. He was approached by a guy who wanted Pete yo "help a brother out"  He was concerned about the accomplice in an idling car.  Pete acted friendly aand told the guy all he had was this 30 that had to be used for gas, and at the same time was looking for what he could use for defense , picking up the windshield squgee just in case.  At the same time concerned about getting in trouble if he had to use it.. Then the guy kept asking for money sort of ina way that he knew Pete had more. Then he said" Man,I'm not askin', i'm tellin.
  4. Pete took him down, not knowing that a cop on break was watching from an adjacent building and ran to the scene.Pete told him he was on the job and told him to check the idling car.The guy in the car was an accomplice who had a .38 i told you Pete was big but not football big==about six three and 280                                                                                           you guys have any thoughts on this?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

953 nut

Thankfully most checks will be direct deposited in bank accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Herder

Image result for M2 Browning                                                                          

How bad will it get? Time will tell.  Be aware of your surroundings. People, places and things.  Armed and ready. 

Edited by Herder
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

I live close to a major interstate going

thru Nashville and this has always 

been a concern of mine. Anyone broke

down or even hitch hikers passing thru

could drift into the neighborhood 

easily. I have beefed up my outdoor 

cameras use the home alarm a lot

and stopped working in the shop with the 

big door open. I have recently found my

22 riffle l had as a kid and had it cleaned

up by a coworker. Its better than nothin!

Stay safe yall!

• Like 2

Cvans

One of these in a pants pocket wouldn't hurt anything. 

image.jpeg.c53157acb7ea475f9ba7aa94898b1e34.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Exactly the reason I never leave the house without my .45 by my side...

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

JoeM

That gov money isn't going to change anything on the street. Those street problems have been going on for a good while. The crooks even had some code of conduct, in recent years those rules have gone. I grew up in a rough town and it is even worse after I left.

You got to be careful. There is just some places I never go without american express, and some places I never go.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Why play around people?

Extrordinary times call for extrordinary measures!

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

richmondred01

2909C26B-B9E5-4F98-9182-86DE00E319E0.jpeg

my mom always preferred AR’ over AK’s but tomato, tomoto.

Edited by richmondred01
  • Like 4

Reel Mower Freak

I’m very worried for all of you in the US. These are crazy times and it seems things are getting out of hand. The economic impact is being put in front of American lives. Not starting a political discussion. Just stating the obvious. Be safe. Take this seriously. It’s for real and devastating. 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I jut got an email.    Three face masks have been reserved for my purchase.   Reg price $269  on special for $79.99 if ordered in the next 12 minutes.   

These are the crimes that are troublesome. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

stevasaurus

Members...we are trying to keep all of the Coronas Virus stuff together.  We have a  ''Corona Assistance" section in the  
General Talk Section.  I'm going to move this there.:eusa-think:

• Like 3

ohiofarmer

I just found out about something pretty predictable, but sad. Montgomery county Ohio is pretty much has been  the nation's epicenter of the opiod death rate. Interstates 70 and 75 meet there in Dayton.and drug prices are low because of two drug superhighways.  A certain news reporter/ editorial commentator Tucker [keep the politics out]  said that the death rate was up 50% from last year.   Addicts with a twelve hundred dollar windfall check overdosing is the reason.  I mentioned this possibility about a month ago to a government official in my county and he told me that it happened once before with a much smaller stimulus check. [i think in 2008]

Dayton was a big General Motors town post war and a huge inventor's town before that. They had a big tornado and a mass shooting last year. Just sad

• Sad 1

bottjernat1

We cant worry about everything! Life is life! Its in God's hands do the best you can to protect yourself and live life. Most people now a days need to shut off there tv's!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3