Pullstart

The virus can live without a host.

Pullstart

We have a system in place for the mail and packages that might show up.  All mail is handled with latex gloves, weeded out and junk mail goes to the wood stove, the rest is placed in a Rubbermaid container outside.  Same with any package, it goes into a container.  USPS will continue to deliver mail yet most debts have extended grace periods during this time.  Basically, no mail is considered urgent here right now.  We’ll wait a few days between checking the mail and repeat.

According to some sources online, COVID 19 can last 3-9 days on different surfaces.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

sergeant

Yes the Virus can live Outside On Paper Products  But It's Only communicable for about 3 hrs

If That concerned Wipe down packages & envelopes  with alcohol Pads 

About 8 years ago I had another version of Corona Virus same symptoms as today's version  . Unless You Have a Underlying condition Ie COPD, HIV, Heart or Lung Issues  More than Likely you will have nothing to worry about if You contract it   Unless You a Immune system is compromised due to age or a Underlying condition. When I had it In the Middle east It was Like Having a severe Head cold with fever for the 1st Day and slowly got Better By about day 7 I was Back Giving Instruction In My Job By day 5

Just follow CDC guidelines https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html   :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, sergeant said:

Unless You Have a Underlying condition Ie COPD, HIV, Heart or Lung Issues  More than Likely you will have nothing to worry about if You contract it

YOU may not become extremely sick, but you could become a carrier and spread it to someone who may not have a strong immune system. Until the past couple of weeks I never used the disinfectant wipes at the entrance to a store. Now I use them on the way in and prior to getting back into my truck once I've finished shopping.

I am not paranoid, just being cautious. We have no reported cases in my county, but I don't know if there could be a carrier with a strong immune system who could infect others without knowing it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHNJ701
9 hours ago, pullstart said:

We have a system in place for the mail and packages that might show up.  All mail is handled with latex gloves, weeded out and junk mail goes to the wood stove, the rest is placed in a Rubbermaid container outside.  Same with any package, it goes into a container.  USPS will continue to deliver mail yet most debts have extended grace periods during this time.  Basically, no mail is considered urgent here right now.  We’ll wait a few days between checking the mail and repeat.

According to some sources online, COVID 19 can last 3-9 days on different surfaces.  

think about how much mail that gets processed each day, if that was the case every postal employee would be dead by now. my mail carrier has been delivering mail saw her yesterday no gloves, no mask and we are in nj.  unless some someone is sneezing on it before they hand it off to you I wouldn't be concerned.  

19richie66

Went into the post office the other day and all employees were wearing one glove, no masks and there was a sign in the window you had to be at least 6’ apart in line. When you step up to the window to mail your stuff, you are less than 2’ from the postal worker. Something’s don’t make sense. Went into an Ace hardware and a worker with a full beard was wearing a painters dust mask 😂. Does he not realize they don’t seal with facial hair like that? The woman behind the counter had gloves and a dust mask on. I asked her if they made her wear that and she said yes in case a customer coughed or sneezed while at the counter. I asked her where her goggles were and she looked at me like I was cracking a joke. I said you know you can get it through your eyes right? Her eyes got big and I said have a good day as I walked out. Haven’t seen her in there since. 

• Like 3

Cvans
5 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Went into the post office the other day and all employees were wearing one glove, no masks and there was a sign in the window you had to be at least 6’ apart in line. When you step up to the window to mail your stuff, you are less than 2’ from the postal worker. Something’s don’t make sense.

There's the right way, the wrong way and the government way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

953 nut
11 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Went into the post office the other day and all employees were wearing one glove, no masks and there was a sign in the window you had to be at least 6’ apart in line.

At our post office there are yellow tape strips about six feet apart on the floor.   The person at the counter had nitrile gloves on both hands and adjusted his glasses a couple times with the gloved hand. At the paint store the clerk had a pair of cloth gloves on the counter, she put them on to ring up my purchase and then took them off after bagging my goods. I guess the thought of cross contamination hasn't sunk in.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

im 67 and retired but work part time at an auto parts store about 14-15 hours per week, mostly to get the employee discount!    i took a leave of absence because i was concerned about the procedures put in place  to protect the workers....basically nothing!   just a bottle of disinfectant and good luck. and no hazard pay.   i see all the upper managers are working from home

• Excellent 1
  • Sad 2

ohiofarmer

The single dumbest thing I have done so far is visiting my daughter and getting put at risk from her friends. We did the social distancing thing ,sort of.  These were people who she had helped out during a study and they were clean and nice people sitting on her couch.  It was the same couch that I slept on a few hours later. To top that off, one of them had traveled from Texas to Michigan on an AIRPLANE. 

That was two weeeks ago, and I have been pretty sick all week running fever  and couughing I have a couple of symptoms not comsistent with Covid, and this has been my best night in quite a few days.  So here is hoping it is just a miserable sort of flu. 

When it comes to food, we are just using old stuff we already have. Canned food can always be dunked in soapy water and such if recently purchased. I just assume that why believe some government mouthpiece about when it is safe to use? Tucker carlson has a tape of high government ofvirus ficials in New york city encouraging people to go to restaurants, theater, and big street festivals.  INCLUDING the same day that the NBA announced the end of the season. Not going to post a link because of politics, but just saying I look to my own brainpower before trusting an authority from the government.

As for shopping in stores for things like meat, i will just go to little butchers in my county where there is only one reported case of virus from a kid that took an airplane ride from florida --maybe spring break associated?

So I finished this post this morning and my temp is 98, which is normal for me  :greetings-clappingyellow:   Out to the shop to work on the herd after being penned in for a week..

And after having this stuff for a week, I found out that according to webMD, I had the top 4 symptoms of covid as listed by percentage. But who really knows, as my daughter lives with that same couch and is symptom free.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Heart 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, ohiofarmer said:

So I finished this post this morning and my temp is 98, which is normal for me  :greetings-clappingyellow:   Out to the shop to work on the herd after being penned in for a week.

We all know you ain't NORMAL, but we sure are glad you are feeling better.          :woohoo:

tunahead72

Stay healthy @ohiofarmer, we all need you here, glad to hear you're feeling better.  I know I've made some "dumb" decisions regarding this virus too, here's hoping they don't bite me, or anybody else, in the arse.

ohiofarmer

Thanks guys. Now I hope that my wife who is working from home stays OK.

• Heart 2

WHNJ701

yesterday I saw on the news a clip of people walking and they were smoking cigarettes, made me think the world's all worried about this lung virus and yet people continue smoke?

• Like 1

sergeant
On 3/28/2020 at 10:38 AM, jabelman said:

yesterday I saw on the news a clip of people walking and they were smoking cigarettes, made me think the world's all worried about this lung virus and yet people continue smoke?

Nicotine is a addiction I have Never been able to Kick. Not Much of a smoker Never smoked Cigarettes! Pipe & Cigars when I was Younger still the Occasional Cigar In the warmer Months But In the Army Spit Tobacco is what I really did 21.5 Years There  and another 7 years after retiring and it that 7 years  after the Army I used Commit Nicotine lozenges  But I am still addicted to Nicotine. I Now Use ON Nicotine salt Pouches No Tobacco But I sure Can't give Up the Nicotine I think I am more addicted to That then spit Tobacco. They say Nicotine is More addictive then Heroin. So they have to Have there Cigarettes even with the Treat of a active Lung Virus  :handgestures-thumbupright: