TinBoat229

520 h VALUE?

TinBoat229

A lady has a 1979 520H that has been parked for 6 years.  She said it ran before being parked.  The pictures look good, no rust, except for the hub caps. Tires and the deck look good.  Decals are good.  It looks like it just needs a coat of automobile wax.  She wants $200.  Is that worth it?

Thanks

TinBoat229

nylyon

Recheck the year

Sparky

Yep, at $200 you can’t go wrong. 
  FYI...the first 520H was produced in 1988

Pullstart

If the hub caps could polish up, they are dang near worth the asking price!  :text-welcomewave: too!

SylvanLakeWH

Yes.

:twocents-02cents:

And  :text-welcomeconfetti:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Any chance you can get those picures of it to us here? There will be a label under the seat and if you could relay to us what those are would be a great help. There are many here with great experts on what your  seller is selling. What it might be worth but we can't do that without seeing it. If you are the prospective buyer this is not a tractor for those mechanically challenged.

:WRS:

Edited by WHX24

953 nut

:WRS:

39 minutes ago, TinBoat229 said:

She wants $200.  Is that worth it?

Run Forest, RUN.          If you don't grab it promptly it will be snagged by some one else.                   :auto-layrubber:

• Like 1

TinBoat229

My luck is holding.  By the time I got the phone number for the lady (she didn't post it with the add) and I called she advised that a person was on the way with his trailer and $200.  I think it is the same guy that I spoke to last week who apparently has a WH collection.  It was for sale less than an hour 

• Sad 1

Darb1964

Unfortunately, you snooze you loose. Most complete wheel horse tractors are worth $200 . The rear engines maybe not. I have lost out on a few myself snoozing. Like WHX24 said the 500s can be a challenge if you are not familiar with the onan motors. Electric problems in some years all so. I have two a 520-H, 518-H, they are beasts and I love the sound of the big onan against the governor. Service is the key with them.

Welcome and good luck, you will find the right tractor, when you do all the help you will need is now at your beckoned call.

Sparky

So the new owner posted up his purchase story and a pic on Facebook. Definitely worth the $200 but she ain’t no beauty queen.

153DE7E9-E848-4E2A-9436-8A74A03A251A.png

• Sad 1

peter lena

for 200$ thats a no brainer !  get all the electrical and mechanical baseline service check done/ upgraded ,  paint and cosmetic  work  would be easy after that.  graverobber , pete 

cleat

The earlier 520's have a slightly simpler wire harness and the SW gauges

No swept front end but for most uses it is not required anyways.

Lee1977
3 hours ago, peter lena said:

for 200$ thats a no brainer !  get all the electrical and mechanical baseline service check done/ upgraded ,  paint and cosmetic  work  would be easy after that.  graverobber , pete 

Add an electric fuel pump is the best thing for an Onan. Mine floods easly and was hard to start. With the electric pump I turn thr switch on let the pump hit 3 or 4 times turn to start come up with the choke and right back down and it's running.

• Like 1