Mickwhitt

Lockdown begins

Stormin

To many dogooders in this country. Your no longer entitled to protect your property. If you hit a burglar, you can be done for assault. You dog bites one and you'd get done for having a dangerous dog. Bring back capital punishment I say and the birch.

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Stormin said:

To many dogooders in this country. Your no longer entitled to protect your property. If you hit a burglar, you can be done for assault. You dog bites one and you'd get done for having a dangerous dog. Bring back capital punishment I say and the birch.

I've lived in both Maine and Massachusetts over the years. You're a little limited to what you can do in your yard but once somebody comes into your house, game on.

• Like 2

Andy N.

With all this time at home and 11% off week at Menards, I decided to get 2 hanging Craftsman cabinets to store all my paints, cleaners, lubes, etc. and reorganize (or just organize all my tool boxes and tools. Completed last night just before midnight. Now I'll see how long it stays this way.

IMG_0339.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
43 minutes ago, Andy N. said:

With all this time at home and 11% off week at Menards, I decided to get 2 hanging Craftsman cabinets to store all my paints, cleaners, lubes, etc. and reorganize (or just organize all my tool boxes and tools. Completed last night just before midnight. Now I'll see how long it stays this way.

IMG_0339.JPG

Looks fantastic. If it was me it would stay that way until the very first time I went to use any single item.

At that point I would remove 48 things to try to find the one I was looking for and not put any of them back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

WHX??

Menards now has Crapsman branded stuff @Andy N. ??? 

Andy N.
45 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Menards now has Crapsman branded stuff @Andy N. ??? 

Yes. Not everything like a Sears did back in the day, but Menards inventory is growing. 

• Thanks 1

Mickwhitt

We've just been told we have another three weeks of restrictions at least until another review. 

Our police are being briefed on what is a reasonable excuse for people to leave home. Looks to me like they expect that more people will get fed up and go out.

We are just not taking it as seriously as other countries, maybe we will see more restrictions.  Maybe they will do what South Korea did and properly test and contact trace which seems to have done much better than any other country.

Mick 

• Like 2

Andy N.

Since we only live about 30 miles from Chicago, my wife and I wanted to see what downtown Chicago looks like during the pandemic so we drove down today and took some pics. This is 3 pm local time on a Friday. 

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

WHX??

Nice driving around the loop anyway. Enjoy it while you can! :)

• Like 1

Stormin

Police over here are doing checks on vehicles registrations to see where they are from. If not local getting pulled and sent home. Can also be fined.

• Like 1

Mickwhitt

A friend who works in a hospital in Sheffield says yesterday was a lot busier than she had seen in a good while, roads also seem busier. 

Hope people are not getting fed up after just three weeks. Makes you wonder how this generation would have coped in the 6 years of WW2.

Mick 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

Makes you wonder how this generation would have coped in the 6 years of WW2

It's beyond the realm of reasonable consideration for most to even process the thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tunahead72
4 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

A friend who works in a hospital in Sheffield says yesterday was a lot busier than she had seen in a good while, roads also seem busier. 

Hope people are not getting fed up after just three weeks. Makes you wonder how this generation would have coped in the 6 years of WW2.

Mick 

2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

It's beyond the realm of reasonable consideration for most to even process the thought.

Thank you gentlemen, you just gave me a new appreciation for what my parents and grandparents went through then. :text-thankyouyellow:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

jay bee
On 4/17/2020 at 7:48 PM, Andy N. said:

my wife and I wanted to see what downtown Chicago looks like during the pandemic

I could even drive in that Chicago traffic!!!        :auto-driving:

• Like 1

Andy N.

This weeks lockdown project is complete. Just need to back fill some dirt behind the wall. And now IL extended until the end of May. Not sure what to do next...... at least I got to pull a stump with my truck. 

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Stormin

Seems a shame to hide that nice paving. I like the interlocking blocks as well. Nice work. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

Andy N.
6 hours ago, Stormin said:

Seems a shame to hide that nice paving. I like the interlocking blocks as well. Nice work. :handgestures-thumbup:

Yeah. I thought about just putting the trash cans on the pad without the shed, but I like the clean look of the shed over the cans.

Andy N.

Actually got to work a departure this morning. First flight in over a month. Beautiful morning at MDW with downtown in the background!

DF291891-7C42-459A-B23C-784A98F53F45.jpeg

96FB6DEA-D7E2-4824-A852-27498DE75421.jpeg

• Like 3