Mickwhitt

Lockdown begins

Mickwhitt

Hi all.

UK is now starting lock down so we are confined to barracks for three weeks at least.

Just waiting for my call up papers back to the constabulary.

We will need more cops to break up any gatherings of more than two people.

Mick. 

• Like 6

ebinmaine

A few individual states over here are doing that as well.

Good luck and be safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dan.gerous

It's not the worst option, and hopefully it will help slow the infection Mick. I still have to work dammit!

• Sad 5

Stormin

We can go out once a day for exercise. Walk or cycle. Also for essentials. So we're ok there. I've a bicycle and we've a tandem. Exercise and shopping at the same time. But what if we need petrol or diesel? We will need the car or Disco at times.

BTW. We're in a rural area.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Michigan goes that route tonight at midnight...

Best to all...

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Best to all...

Around a dozen states by the end of the week....

• Sad 2

Pullstart
1 minute ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Best to all...

Yep.  The factory at which my wife works is still open, but the rest of the state seems to be closing rapidly.  I’ll be in the garage... or the chiropractor!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The Tuul Crib

Happened here in Tennessee

on Saturday. They sent us home

for two weeks. God bless us all

• Like 5

ZXT

Dallas is going on lockdown effective tonight I believe. As of last night at 11pm, we now have one confirmed case in the county. Hopefully it stays low.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

953 nut

North Carolina just extended the school shutdown until May15, closed all hair salons and barber shops as well as massage salons. We will be a scruffy looking bunch before we get back to normal.

A few counties have a curfew from  10:00 pm to 6:00 am. Fine by me, I'm asleep then anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tractorhead

Sent you all some positive Vibes, to withstand the Virus.

It seems a time of waives for some normality that we are used to,

but if it helps us to reduce the contamination rates, it be senseful.

I will sent out here a big thanks to all Peoples,

they must be still Active to protect the rest of us.

You be our actual Hero’s 

• Excellent 6
  • Heart 1

pfrederi
12 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

North Carolina just extended the school shutdown until May15, closed all hair salons and barber shops as well as massage salons. We will be a scruffy looking bunch before we get back to normal.

A few counties have a curfew from  10:00 pm to 6:00 am. Fine by me, I'm asleep then anyway.

It is going to get ugly out there....:P

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Well done sir.

:lol:

elcamino/wheelhorse

Governor just closed all schools for the rest of the year , closed places that hold big events , and some other public places. O well I don't go to school or big event places so it is still like as usual except for toilet paper storage. I hate using dried leaves from last fall.  

• Haha 7

CCW

Connecticut has already asked all of to stay home if not going to an essential job.  Being retired my wife and I are home except for grocery store and taking a walk.  Guess more yard work gets done now.  I know I have been raking areas I never did before.

• Like 2

ZXT

I just put the tiller on my C-160 for the first time. A little late, but i figure I ought to start a garden in case things get bad!

Electricians are considered essential so looks like I'll be working until the supply runs out.

1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

We will be a scruffy looking bunch before we get back to normal.

I've never tried to grow a beard before, but I figured I might as well let myelf get scruffy! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Darb1964

Mass. Lock down also, I am just getting back on.My feet, form operation and now a pitched nerve in my back. I did a little yard work over the weekend. Felt good getting outside in the yard. Snowing now so snow plowing in the morning so the Bride can go to work, she still working for now. I guess this virus brings some things into perspective, best and worst of human nature, what pass generations went through. Stay strong and healthy.

• Like 3

Achto

Wisconsin's lock down begins tonight. Work sent me my travel pass tonight, so I'm one of the lucky ones who still gets to venture out & go to work. Be safe every one. I wish you all good health.

• Like 7

76c12091520h

Pa. has 6 counties on lockdown as of 8pm, we're not one of them(yet); I see us in full lockdown by the end of the week. All non-essential businesses are ordered closed. Me, my wife , and son are still working(for now), but I spent all weekend bringing all my Horse projects here to the house so i'm prepared for a 2-3 week quarantine in the garage!

• Like 5

little red riding horse
11 hours ago, Stormin said:

We can go out once a day for exercise. Walk or cycle. Also for essentials. So we're ok there. I've a bicycle and we've a tandem. Exercise and shopping at the same time. But what if we need petrol or diesel? We will need the car or Disco at times.

BTW. We're in a rural area.

Still going to disco's at your age Norm lol  stay safe man :thumbs:

• Haha 4

Mickwhitt

I'm not panic buying but I have ordered some candles a

In case the power goes out and filled up a jerry can with fuel in case of shortages.

Just taken my push bike for a service as bike shops are still allowed to open and it might end up being a valuable mode of transport.

Very quiet on our streets but not a ghost town.

The chief of police has just sent out a message saying comply or be made to, this is serious.

Hunkering down.

Best wishes to all.

Mick

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Achto

I was reading through the list of essential businesses that are to remain open in Wisconsin. I found it mildly amusing that liquor stores are on that list.:D Thank goodness for that!! If we gotta be locked up at least we can get some booze & forget about our troubles.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Alex175
13 hours ago, pfrederi said:

One of the best thing's I've seen on Facebook during this mess has been the comment "I can't help but notice you all have stopped posting selfies since you've been quarantined at home"

This pandemic is no joke, but a little humor goes a long way to helping us all stay sane and feel human.  Stay safe my friends!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

I don't have a heck of a lot to worry about in that category.

I'm still the same ugly ol Bear whether my hair is fixed or not.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4