Mickwhitt

Lockdown begins

Stormin

A thought accurred to me this morning. I live in a little rural hamlet down a dead end. We get know through traffic of course and only four properties at the end.

Now I mow the green opposite my home. There's rarely anyone about when I do in normal times. Am I classed as being away from home when mowing?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Stormin said:

A thought accurred to me this morning. I live in a little rural hamlet down a dead end. We get know through traffic of course and only four properties at the end.

Now I mow the green opposite my home. There's rarely anyone about when I do in normal times. Am I classed as being away from home when mowing?

I'd say by rule it depends on ownership of the property.

I can't speak for the authorities so maybe check with them?

Stormin

Green belongs to the Parish council, Eric. I'm a councillor. I'm not going to worry about it. It was just a thought. We don't get the police down here anyway. They don't know we're here. 

• Like 3

Pullstart
8 hours ago, Stormin said:

Get a long retractable leash and attach it to the center of the hood.  Maybe add some of the Handyman’s Secret Weapon.  Duct Tape.

Then you can say you’re still on lock down.  I’m sure they’ll understand your need to stretch your legs a bit!

• Haha 2

Mickwhitt

Been working the land opposite my home today. 

Calling it my exercise period lol.

I used Fred out there to haul cut branches from where we cut them to the pick up point. He worked magnificently.

• Like 1

Mickwhitt

On sunday a 25 year old idiot killed himself riding an off road bike on the road without a helmet and pulling wheelies at speed.

All his friends have been hanging round drinking to his memory where he died. Real gang of scum bags. Police dare not move them on but community is up in arms because of the virus laws.

Hoping they get moved on before someone takes matters into their own hands. 

Mick 

• Sad 3

Dan.gerous

Well we are risking our health maintaining a service, and tonight have three cars and 9 passengers - that's with a crew of 35, I want to go home!

• Sad 1

Stormin
13 hours ago, Dan.gerous said:

Well we are risking our health maintaining a service, and tonight have three cars and 9 passengers - that's with a crew of 35, I want to go home!

That'll be costing the ferry operators. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Stormin

On the news this morning, it seems that some stupid, ignorant and selfish people are still driving to Wales, the Lake District and other holiday places with their motorhomes and caravans. Apart from possibly helping to spread the virus, where are they going to camp? All camp sites etc are closed.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Stormin
13 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

On sunday a 25 year old idiot killed himself riding an off road bike on the road without a helmet and pulling wheelies at speed.

All his friends have been hanging round drinking to his memory where he died. Real gang of scum bags. Police dare not move them on but community is up in arms because of the virus laws.

Hoping they get moved on before someone takes matters into their own hands. 

Mick 

Turn the dogs loose or get the army in with a water cannon.

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, Stormin said:

On the news this morning, it seems that some stupid, ignorant and selfish people are still driving to Wales, the Lake District and other holiday places with their motorhomes and caravans. Apart from possibly helping to spread the virus, where are they going to camp? All camp sites etc are closed.

Similar things happening here Norm.

• Sad 1

Mickwhitt

My neighbour has driven his teenage boys miles to go cycling over the last three days. More sense in a fence post, honestly.

If they want to exercise why not stay local? And it's supposed to be one exercise period, not an 8 hour expedition. 

My blood boils at this stupidity and arrogance. He will be first in the queue for treatment you can bet.

Boris should have told everyone to get outdoors and exercise as much as possible, that way these morons would have stayed home to spite him.

Most of those I see jogging are the obese mcdonalds addicts who's trainers never leave the house :ROTF:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mickwhitt

My neighbour has driven his teenage boys miles to go cycling over the last three days. More sense in a fence post, honestly.

If they want to exercise why not stay local? And it's supposed to be one exercise period, not an 8 hour expedition. 

My blood boils at this stupidity and arrogance. He will be first in the queue for treatment you can bet.

Boris should have told everyone to get outdoors and exercise as much as possible, that way these morons would have stayed home to spite him.

Most of those I see jogging are the obese mcdonalds addicts who's trainers never leave the house :ROTF:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

one of the things I find interesting that I can add to the above statement is the fact that the sidewalks around here are four or five feet wide. It's befuddling to me how many pairs of humans I've seen passing each other in the last few days on these, not 6 foot wide, sidewalks.

• Like 1

Cvans

We consider ourselves and intelligent society.  On a good day I'd say that's about 1/2 true. 

• Like 3

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Cvans said:

We consider ourselves and intelligent society.  On a good day I'd say that's about 1/2 true. 

:ROTF:

Maayybeeee!!!

• Like 2

Stormin

One of my neighbours across the green, a school teacher, lives in an ex farmhouse with her teenage son. In the yard is a raised island flower bed. She told another neighbour that she could go and dig it over. The neighbour told her to get her son to do it.

Once again my belief that education, common sense, and intelligence do not go hand in glove is verified.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Razorback
1 hour ago, Stormin said:

One of my neighbours across the green, a school teacher, lives in an ex farmhouse with her teenage son. In the yard is a raised island flower bed. She told another neighbour that she could go and dig it over. The neighbour told her to get her son to do it.

Once again my belief that education, common sense, and intelligence do not go hand in glove is verified.  

Amen!!! A perfect example!

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Stormin said:

education, common sense, 

Those are 2 VERY different things

Stormin
3 hours ago, Cvans said:

Your being generous there, aren't you. :unsure:

• Haha 1

Marv

As of this morning's update we have 165 confirmed cases in the state. 21 of those are in my county. The governor announced isolation effective 24 March at 0800. Essential employees exempt of course.. I have a granddaughter who is an RN working in the local hospital and another one who is a teacher in a day care pre-school. I am quite concerned about them because of the potential there. For my own part I have self isolated since Wednesday the 18 of March, not because I have the virus. My wife is in a nursing home and I have been going to see her every day for years. Now, with this virus, that is not possible as the nursing home has had to stop visiting to protect the patients. To be prepared for resumption of visiting privileges it is best if I stay isolated.

Marv

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

Razorback

I am going to post this here..... rather than searching for maybe the “correct” thread.... this is THAT good. Information that I think everyone will appreciate knowing:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1TJdjhd_XG8&feature=youtu.be

• Thanks 1

tom2p
On 3/27/2020 at 3:44 PM, ebinmaine said:

Those are 2 VERY different things

well educated and 'intelligent' people are responsible for the mess we have now in the US

over reliance on other countries for

manufacturing and products  - including 

China for approx 80% of pharmaceuticals

Edited by tom2p

Mickwhitt

I've always pondered the American position on firearms. We've had a bit if a chequered past with them and have pretty hefty restrictions on possession of shotguns and rifles and no access to handguns at all.

But after a rash of nasty day time burglaries recently I wish I had access to a weapon to protect my home. We are in lock down and these scum are out there looking to break in and steal.

20200330_203720.jpg.1ef2f44a60b3cb9945ebde93af12edc2.jpg

Full face coverings and not to protect them from the virus. Tried their luck next door but thankfully were scared off.

Mick 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

I've always pondered the American position on firearms. We've had a bit if a chequered past with them and have pretty hefty restrictions on possession of shotguns and rifles and no access to handguns at all.

But after a rash of nasty day time burglaries recently I wish I had access to a weapon to protect my home. We are in lock down and these scum are out there looking to break in and steal.

20200330_203720.jpg.1ef2f44a60b3cb9945ebde93af12edc2.jpg

Full face coverings and not to protect them from the virus. Tried their luck next door but thankfully were scared off.

Mick 

Lovely folk like that should be forced to go to Texas and try their luck in the same craft.

The end result would be what we call Natural Consequences.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1