Mickwhitt

Lockdown begins

Mickwhitt

Police are reporting being spat at by youths when they ask groups to disperse. Scum are still scum it seems.

Our local high street has just been shut down by the police because folk are out like theres nothing wrong.

Shame the virus doesn't attack those of low IQ.

:lol:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 9

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Mickwhitt said:

Shame the virus doesn't attack those of low IQ

Agreed

• Like 3

ebinmaine

Hold up wait a minute. I have days when I definitely fit that description.

• Haha 6

bottjernat1

I work for one of the largest book manufactures and i live in Indiana. We as of tonight at midnight are supposed to be on lock down mode. But I have a letter that says we are essential and business as usual! So I want to tell you all I am proud to put my life on the line to make books for you folks! We need to ask Michael A. Martino if he needs to make more books we could do that for him. LOL We have been asked to carry a corporate piece of paper on us if we get pulled over we flash our paper and we are golden for getting out of a ticket. LOL What a joke why try to shut down at all we are all working together and around others. So why did the Governor even bother talking! Maybe its to print money when the economy tanks even more. and make our dollar worth about .10 I am happy to work but i am concerned the company doesnt seem to care about anyone's health in my opinion 

• Sad 2

Dan.gerous
37 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

Shame the virus doesn't attack those of low IQ.

:lol:

I had exactly the same thought this morning as we followed a car into town. The idiots inside throwing rubbish out the window and making our pretty countryside into a trash heap. Worse, it was only just cleaned up a few weeks ago by the council.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

ebinmaine

Maine has closed all non-essential businesses for a two-week period.
Building supply companies are listed as essential so I do not stop work.

That has its ups and downs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cleat

Ontario has closed all non-essential as well but almost everything outside of schools is classed as essential so really most people are still work as usual.

My workplace does a quick screening and temp check as you enter.

• Like 1

Cvans

Hope all you folks that are complying are holding up OK. For the emergency and health care workers. God bless and protect you.

Thank you for what you do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Dang 

we are „in rooms quarantine“ since yesterday...😳

Kati does actually a offsite Job Training thats interrupted on friday last week, while one of her direct Collegues is covid-19 confirmed.

She got yesterday a email from School, we must being tested, because it was in her class a direct neighbour.

Boom - what news, nobody needs...

They informed allready the coordination Service they set us directly into home quarantine,

so we still must be at home and wait for a Doctor, to being tested and must be there since result.

I still hope, we only have a normal Flu nothing more,

because we both have no typical covid symptoms, just symptomes of a normal Flu.

Stay Safe friends.

• Sad 7

ebinmaine

@Tractorhead

I wish you well. Take great care of yourself and Kati. 

• Heart 2

ebinmaine

The state of Maine started their mandatory business closing yesterday. All "Non-essential" . Turns out the list of loopholes to call yourself "Essential"  is immense. Really no change.

IMHO current research clearly dictates we are just not doing enough.

• Like 1

bottjernat1

Well this is fun so not only am i working while this crap is going on but then I woke up to this news about the company i work for! https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/printer-lsc-communications-is-said-to-prepare-bankruptcy-filing I am a bit nervous i have been here over 16 years. I am sticking it out till the end if that it what will happen. Im betting it will! Lots of scary stuff folks. But I have my faith. And my tractors! 

• Sad 3

WHNJ701
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

The state of Maine started their mandatory business closing yesterday. All "Non-essential" . Turns out the list of loopholes to call yourself "Essential"  is immense. Really no change.

IMHO current research clearly dictates we are just not doing enough.

I think and I hope the intent is for people and employer's to use common sense about essential people right now.  do we really want to carry papers around to show at check points?  

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, jabelman said:

I think and I hope the intent is for people and employer's to use common sense about essential people right now.  do we really want to carry papers around to show at check points?  

Funny you'd say that. I have that very paper.

Dan.gerous

I just had to drive to work today, five hours from home and through both of Scotland main cities picking up some other crew. The place is like a ghost town.

Not happy about going to work for two weeks and leaving my family, but really had no choice as we provide a "lifeline" service to the northernmost islands in the UK.

• Like 5

Stormin

I guessed from the ferry photo you were up in the north. Have a good trip and I hope all goes well at home. :handgestures-thumbup:

45 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Funny you'd say that. I have that very paper.

Hang on to it. You might need it and not to show anyone. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
Just now, Stormin said:

I guessed from the ferry photo you were up in the north. Have a good trip and I hope all goes well at home. :handgestures-thumbup:

Hang on to it. You might need it and not to show anyone. :D

No no. I'm good. I'm prepared. I have a Trina.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Stormin
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

No no. I'm good. I'm prepared. I have a Trina.

There's no answer to that. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

ebinmaine

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Perhaps I should rephrase that a little bit.

She went to the store at least 2 weeks ago and purchased supplies before the paranoid masses.

• Like 4

tunahead72

Yeah Eric, you needed to clarify that, thanks from all of us who were wondering what the h*ll you meant. :ychain:

• Haha 4

Tractorhead

Because of quarantine i build yesterday a Gift for Kati.

While she‘s collecting Rubber Ducks (whole bathroom is full of Ducks) i robbed a few and built a new Light for the Bathroom.

The base is An amazingly bright Flat LED adjustable from 2700K up to 4000K with 48W. 

I reworked like that...

D2E50A04-FEE3-4533-A237-AAF72AFD379D.jpeg.1ade1106283ec4bba0a91ac9e8a9a0d8.jpeg

I can not capture a real pic of how bright this LED is.

it‘s brighter than the Daylight on a Sunny day in Bathroom.

1B430588-4A14-48AD-ABF4-79518E320A12.jpeg.df5007cf222504060a39d878265d9860.jpeg

This was a pict in 2700K setting with max brightness, but the iphone reduces the camera automatically like you wear sunglasses.😎

👍

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 4

Stormin

That's quackers! :D

• Haha 4

Andy N.

Here in Illinois, we've been in "Shelter at Home" or stay home status for 1 1/2 weeks. My wife is still working, but since she works for one of the major airlines, we don't know yet what the total fallout will be. I've been home for most of it. There are 3 other technicians that I work with and since none of our principals are flying, we are taking turns going in and running the aircraft and keeping them ready to fly.

Luckily before the pandemic, my wife and I had decided to remodel our master bathroom and main bathroom. This is something that we knew we would do when we bought the house 2 years ago. I figured these projects would take about 1 1/2 - 2 months with both of us working and all the other stuff that goes on in life. Instead it has only taken about 2 weeks. Before (yellow and white) and after pics below (can you tell we like elephants). 

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

There is a big disconnect between reality and what the CDC considers ESSENTIAL.

A friend's wife has been on maintenance  chemotherapy for a year or so after battling brain cancer. She has been able to use a local Infusion Center twice a week but they are closing because the CDC said they are not an essential service. Now she will need to travel one and a half hours each way twice a week. We have no reported cases of coronavirus here,  but there are several confirmed cases where she will have to go.

:soapbox:           Pardon my ignorance, but I just don't understand the rationale here.                 :confusion-confused:

• Sad 3