Tractorhead

What do you do when Lockdown is happen?

CCW

Good luck to you.  My son is in Garmisch-Partenkirchen as part of the US Army and is not allow off base.

Edited by CCW
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

squonk

I have to respond to emergency HVAC calls from schools

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Razorback

I support mainframe computer equipment for IBM at Walmart’s home office in Bentonville,AR. If a lockdown is needed here, I have been deemed “essential”. Already have an official letter to show whomever might want to know.

Otherwise, we are home, being smart when we leave the house, etc. We have plenty of essentials and not so essentials. Made a huge batch of chicken noodle soup yesterday and a few days ago. I pressure canned 7 quarts yesterday so it could be put on the shelf to keep.

Also doing some work on our 1969 Ford Falcon Futura wagon......

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

DougC

Steve and Kati. 

I hope you are at least allowed out of lock down to buy food and toilet paper.

One kinda goes with the other if you know what I mean my friends.......:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tractorhead

@DougC yes we allowed, but the forrest is not so far,

so if we run out of Toiletpaper, we simply collect Leaf.  😂

We allready are well sorted of Food, because we live in outback, 

and if we run out, forrest is not far, there are lot‘s of wild boar... 😎

Stay Safe fella‘s

• Like 4

stevasaurus

Steve, that is a killer casserole you have there.  We have lock down in Illinois now.  Not every state has that yet.  Wife made huge batch of chille the other day.  We can leave the house for essentials, but the smart money stays home for now.  I find myself more on SKYPE and enjoying the fire place.  Look in the Gardening Section...there is a recipe section there...why not put in the recipe for that casserole??  Stay safe.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

wallfish
2 hours ago, squonk said:

I have to respond to emergency HVAC calls from schools

Aren't the schools closed? If HVAC in a closed school is essential, then I'm also essential to work in order to keep from going out of business. What's the temperature down there?

If they lock us down it's custom tractor build time and restoring some more O&R gas engine tools. There's always plenty of things to do around here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

I have been getting a little extra shop time in and have actually caught up on a few "Honey Do" list items. My wife has been busey working on a few quilts for Quilts Of Valor which will be awarded once things return to normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ed Kennell

Thanks for sharing the great pictures Steve.      Good to hear you are self sufficient.   I don't have any wild boars here, but if my venison supply gets low, I can harvest a few woodchucks that are coming out of hibernation.    

Sicher Bleiben

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Achto

I received a recorded message from our CEO explaining that the company that I work for is considered essential. So I guess the show must go on for me.:confusion-shrug: Praying for this pandemic to pass soon.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Tractorhead
8 hours ago, Achto said:

I received a recorded message from our CEO explaining that the company that I work for is considered essential. So I guess the show must go on for me.:confusion-shrug: Praying for this pandemic to pass soon.

Take care of you Buddy

• Thanks 1

cleat

I work as a Millwright for the worlds biggest marijuana  company and sales are up so it's work as usual with a large number of people.

My wife works for Tractor supply and they are open as usual.

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

I can always go where i need to on the way to the farm or rental houses that need to be kept in a safe and sanitary manner. If a cop stops me I can always cough during the questionong.  Still have absolutely no interest in standing in line for anything.  I thought it very foolish to stand in 200 plus people lines for toilet paper.Gonna take Mr Smith and Mr Wesson for a ride to the gas station at $130 for the last day of unrestricted travel in Ohio as I forsee rationing that commodity in the future as a means to limit travel by our esteemed leaders.  We can even get out the tractor to go to the small farmers around here to buy eggs and such. I helped out a neighbor hanging a garage door and she has chickens. Probably can get eggs from her.  Amish friends and your own garden are good to have. I do not like to bend over, so I grow my tomatoes in wood skids propped at 75 degrees vertical

Little country butcher stores, even a water powered grist mill for corn meal and flour for baking make Deploraville Ohio a great place to live. the only thing i am concerned about is people from town roaming about and thinking they can take what they want or need.  We have always saved rags for the shop and that will do as toilet paper once ours is gone.  Just think outside the box to avoid people is my advice to you friends.

• Thanks 1

tunahead72
1 hour ago, cleat said:

I work as a Millwright for the worlds biggest marijuana  company and sales are up so it's work as usual with a large number of people...

Umm...  I thought I knew a thing or three about marijuana, and I have a vague notion of what a millwright does, but I don't really understand what a large marijuana company is, or why they would need a millwright.  Can you explain please? :)

I do understand why sales would be up right now.

Ed Kennell

We limit our  contact to daily physical therapy visits to our dear friend  that has been wheel chair bound for two years.    

Daily phone calls to our  two sons, four grandsons, and Nan's mother (95YO).

Mark is Special Projects Manager for Voith Hydro and able to work on line at home.   He continues his 2 year battle with lung cancer.

Mark's wife Julie continues her work preparing food in the school that continues to feed children.

Mike is manager of his wife's 10 employee  family plumbing business.  He is very busy at home with estimating, purchasing, payroll and on site supervising and project scheduling.

Mike's wife Libby continues her work teaching and caring for special needs students. 

I am missing the Grandsons school activities that normally fill every evening this time of the year....baseball and volleyball games , marching band, drum line, concert band, and  jazz band events.  

The Grandsons are doing what they can online at home, but I know they are missing out and would like to be back in school.  It is especially sad for the seniors students.

Mike's son Reed 20 is finishing his third year at Penn State majoring in Astro Physics.

Mark's son Clayton 18 will graduate high school and has committed to studying accounting at Penn State next year.

Mike's son Jacob 17 will graduate high school and has music scholarship offers from Lebanon Valley and Gettysburg colleges.  

Mark's son Owen 17 is a Junior in high school and is expecting  baseball scholarships from  Division II schools next year. 

Daily walks with my friend Groovy (my neighbor's 10YO chocolate lab).

Projects that have been keeping me busy …. hardwood floor installation , big show   raffle tractor, shop cleaning and hardware sorting, roto tilling, building bird boxes and feeders.

Probably could start mowing this week.

Our Giant Grocery store has early senior only hours that helps limit contact for old timers.

Stay Safe My Friends,

Nan and Ed

• Heart 2

cleat
31 minutes ago, tunahead72 said:

Umm...  I thought I knew a thing or three about marijuana, and I have a vague notion of what a millwright does, but I don't really understand what a large marijuana company is, or why they would need a millwright.  Can you explain please? :)

I do understand why sales would be up right now.

A Millwright is basically an industrial mechanic.

We have a lot of equipment here to maintain right from the grow room HVAC, lighting, and irrigation equipment to trim machines.

Then the product moves on to drying and then it can get packaged as bud at this point in large automated machines or it moves to grinding where it can get made into prerolled joints or put into ovens to activate the THC.

After it leaves the ovens it gets sent to either C02 or Ethanol extraction.

The extracted oil can then be added to the following items we produce on site:

Chocolate bars

Drinks

Vaporizers

sold as liquid oil

Gel caps for the pharmaceutical market

Soon to be producing gummy bears

All of this equipment requires maintenance around the clock.

We have over one million feet of production space with 1400 employees on site.

There are 4 millwrights to keep the machines running at full capacity.

• Thanks 2

tunahead72

Wow!  I had no idea it was this complicated these days, thanks for the info. :text-thankyouyellow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

midpack

work as usual here, we make defense related products

• Like 1

DougC
4 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

Wow!  I had no idea it was this complicated these days, thanks for the info. :text-thankyouyellow:

Thanks for asking the question Ed. I also learned alot

Just how far is Ontario from Iowa and can I still cross the boarder and Ed. You wanna ride along buddy?  :banana-rock:

tunahead72

Sure man, but I think we'd better head down to the basement to discuss the details. :hide:

cleat

Marijuana production just made the essential services list so we are at full production.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

tunahead72

That's … interesting. B)

Stormin

Am I to old to be accepted for immigration to Canada? :canada:

• Haha 2