CCW

When most infectious

CCW

I for one am taking the virus very seriously.  Take a look at this article on Science News' website.  People compare it to SARS and N1H1, but it is highly more infectious.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-most-contagious-before-during-first-week-symptoms

Edited by CCW
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, CCW said:

compare it to *********...., but.…...

Thanks for sharing this.

It's important for us as a society to understand this is NOT the same as anything we've ever experienced.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

JAinVA

In modern times there is no comparison.The Spanish flu of 1918 killed millions world wide.At that time people traveled by ships if they went continent to continent.Now in aluminum tubes we can be anywhere on the planet in hours and so can illnesses.When this settles out I am concerned that another pandemic can occur at any time because of how interconnected we are.

• Like 7

Tractorhead

I totaly agree Jim,

even Big Cities with high population is a epic place to contaminate quick.

Our global World does the rest.

That is also a reason for me, that i live in the Outback now.
Here is a contamination not that easy given, because of natural distances.

But also here, we must take care to protect the elders.

In first row, the Information source at beginning was a real Chaos an brought just more confusion than a clearing.

The reality seems as allway’s somewhere in between.

The worsest thing in the beginnings was, the disinformation of felt hundrets of so called „Experts“ in all media.

a few tells there is no danger at all, a few tells you can die in short timeline, but what is the reality?        

In my humble Opinion it wasn‘t anytime a question if we can infected us, 
it just was the question how fast we could infect us and how dangerous it is really.

I remember the Movie „Outbreak“, what deal’s with such a scenario.

That Film gained me to thinker about, what will be happen in such a Scenario.

What shocked me most, was the issue, that the most required things for such a scenario was outsourced in other Countrys.

That is the revenge of cheap Producing outsourced in a global World.

It is a proof of Concept for us all, that demonstrates us clearly, outsourcing from all goods is maybe not the best idea we had in the past.

We must learn, there are some things they must be available and produced local, even it is a bit more expensive.

Cheap priced production of such products will become a boomerang in such situations.

My personal resume out of that Scenario was:

A emergency plan must be quick available at any time,

because nobody knows what‘s happen in our live.

Living is and was never a static scenario.

• Like 7

nylyon

I live in a more rural area of New York, but had recently switched jobs working in Manhattan. I am grateful I am able to do my job at home because it really makes you think when someone coughs on the train, to you have to grab a handle on the Subway.

• Like 7

ebinmaine

Trina is working on getting us an internet connection here at home so she can do some work from home.

She'll be at work a couple days a week to switch out paperwork.

It's a huge step for the job she does.

Hopefully it will all work out ok.

My position as a truck driver and equipment operator is obviously not possible as a work from home.

I work in construction which is considered a necessity by the government.

If we move to a Stand In Place Order I'll be home until that changes.

That has obvious concerns and lack of surety of future but we'll have time to work on the firewood and other projects.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CCW

Good luck @ebinmaine Being in an equipment operator must keep you separated from other quite a bit.  I am guessing.

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, CCW said:

Good luck @ebinmaine Being in an equipment operator must keep you separated from other quite a bit.  I am guessing.

For the most part, yes.

I drive a truck with a demountable forklift quite often.

The other piece (occasionally) is a medium sized knuckle crane.

We have interaction with customers at many of the drop sites and can keep distance on most.

Tractorhead

Hey Eric, see the positive, you have now more time for important things like Colossus project.

😂

I thing the most important thing we shall learned out of this

is we shall be overthinking our emergency plans.

I know that ain‘t simple or maybe sounds stupid, because things have to be payed and where no income, there is no Money for that.

On the other side we learn what is realy important for us, and what is unrequired.

In Balance of that, we can consider, what we really needs and what can be loosen.

One thing i know for sure, first is family, second is Friendship.

That are things they allway‘s important.

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine

@Tractorhead

I'd told Trina a couple days ago I would be happy to have 2 weeks to get stuff done around the property.

:D

If we had a couple straight weeks with little to no rain we could get the firewood finished for TWO years supply.

It's all good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

squonk

Even though schools are closed they feed kids so I will be at minimum on call to keep the coolers/freezers running. That is if I don't get quarantined first.

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

These are trying times that non of us older guys have ever seen. I'm retired and I only have my wife and myself at home. But I worry about my children and grandchildren who are more vulnerable than me.  Staying home is easy for me but not for the ones that have to work keeping things going. My daughter works as a nurse and my oldest son works in nuclear electrical facilitie . There on the front lines.

All of us have to sacrifice now but some more then others. 

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

Stormin

Saying over here, this lockdown could last till June.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Saying over here, this lockdown could last till June.

No telling here.

Trying out 2 weeks.

That won't be enough.

We'll go from there....

Trina's got her home desk set up and in the tryout stages.

Looks very unlikely I'll be sent home unless a known covid-19 exposure occurs.

Just hope it isn't too bad if it's me.

I'll be doing my best to keep clean and healthy.

• Like 1

Stormin

Just been in touch with my sister in Virginia. She and my BIL are ok and the rest a family over there in the U.S. Sister and family in Oz are ok as well.

• Like 1

tom2p
On 3/21/2020 at 9:07 AM, nylyon said:

I live in a more rural area of New York, but had recently switched jobs working in Manhattan. I am grateful I am able to do my job at home because it really makes you think when someone coughs on the train, to you have to grab a handle on the Subway.

got my oldest kid out of manhattan a couple of weeks ago

( whew )

nylyon

I’ve seen pictures, so few out and about

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, nylyon said:

I’ve seen pictures, so few out and about

Good!!!!

Some people are actually listening and taking heed.

Not so much here ...

19richie66

Disney has us out till the 18th. Wish I could be up on the property with my wife but I have to be around in case I have to go in. They do have some working but very little. Grass and plants have to be watered and mowed, pruned, etc. In the 32 years I have been there. I have never seen the parks or resorts completely empty. Very strange.

• Sad 2

c-series don

I’m a DVC member, I cannot imagine what that must look like? 

19richie66

It’s weird. You can run a red light and not hit anyone. :laughing-rolling:  No busses, no monorails, no trams. Just strange looking. I have a feeling employment won’t be pretty either. Probably be lots of cuts after all the money they have “lost”.

953 nut
10 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I have a feeling employment won’t be pretty either. Probably be lots of cuts after all the money they have “lost”

:confusion-confused:                  They will probably start by offering early retirement enhansement packages.       :handgestures-thumbupright:         Darn the bad luck!          :auto-layrubber:

19richie66
58 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:                  They will probably start by offering early retirement enhansement packages.       :handgestures-thumbupright:         Darn the bad luck!          :auto-layrubber:

I wish. Last time it was management only. If they offered me a buyout package I would have my tools packed before they could print the paperwork. :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 2

CCW

Stepfather of my daughter's good friend died of the virus.  He lived in Maine.  I think in the greater Portland area.  My daughter is in Houston.

Edited by CCW
  • Sad 5

19richie66
21 minutes ago, CCW said:

Stepfather of my daughter's good friend died of the virus.  He lived in Maine.  I think in the greater Portland area.  My daughter is in Houston.

Sorry to hear this. My condolences.