CCW

When most infectious

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, CCW said:

Stepfather of my daughter's good friend died of the virus.  He lived in Maine.  I think in the greater Portland area.  My daughter is in Houston.

Been 3 that have passed here as of yesterday.

All greater Portland.

Hopefully we get ahold of this soon.

My condolences...

• Like 1

bottjernat1

I am doing business as usual. But don't get me wrong i am making sure i wash my hands a bit more. And if someone is coughing around me I am running. LOL I have also kept my grand baby away for now. I miss her so bad but it is what is best. I am still wheeling and dealing parts and selling stuff and helping folks around me that need it. I helped my mother in law with her shed last weekend it was falling apart. I am not going to stop living my life. I don't care what people think of me I am being cautious buy not crazy! My biggest worry has been my oldest daughter and son in law and grand baby. My son in law is without a job right now and my daughter doesn't work. I had another conversation with my daughter i told her when this calms down she really needs to get a job i didn't raise her this way. She needs to for her family. Luckly they still have tax money to back them up. and if i have to i will help but i cant help much. 

• Like 1

Tractorhead

@CCW my Condolences as well.

We still here quarantined, because one of Kati’s collegue’s in School was positive tested last week.

on Wednesday a Doctor come to test us, because it‘s arranged by Local healt government.

At this time we „ arrested“ no shopping, no work. 

Since i have too much time for things i want do before, but now i still must waiting for a Call,

that tells me, i can back to Work. 

My daughters are still good so far, the youngest work in a medical Labor, the now must change their Cancertests with corona Tests,

but they don’t get actual any Safety personal protections. No gloves, no respiratory protection and no disinfectant was in the market.

They ordered allright, but don‘t get the things in an ammount they need.

The good side, a local Distillery changes rapidly their production from spirit to disinfectant to refill the Market quicker.

Trigema, a local cloth factury produces now repiratory protection as well.

i see actual wherever i look, some things changing realy quick, no long calculations ahead if or if not.

That is a reason i like to spent a „Big Thanks“

to all factory‘s that changed their production to help quick come back to normal,

to all required person‘s, they still must be in Service to support us

all the Truckers the deliver and transport our Things, 

all the unknown and Nurses, unknown helpers and volunteers, they working for our Health Care,

in short all persons, they keep the Train running.

Thank you all for your great Service !

• Like 2
  • Heart 3

ohiofarmer

It might be a help if a guy knew whether he had it or not. If I had it to do over again, i just would have rigged up a spot and slept in the shop. Hopefully, the self tests will come out and you can just test yourself for exposure.   calling a doctor is a waste of time where I live, by the time you qualify for a test, you are a candidate for the hospital.

I found that Web MD has a pretty good description of the symptoms to look for. I checked off four of the main 7. There is also a video of a surgeon who talks about how it feels to have the end stage and it is not for the faint of heart.  I would suggest that you look up the WebMD chart. It is better info than any blather from any government official.

The worst thing about the stuff i had was that it started with a throat tickle which developed into a dry cough. you need weapons grade expectorant to get the thick stuff out of your throat, and all the time is is not coming out of your lungs. About four days in, the first of the really thick stuff will come out of your lungs. Thats when you need to breathe in deep before you cough, because if something starts coming out without enough air in your lungs, it is very difficult to breathe in more air. .It feels like having the wind knocked out of you. I kept calm and struggled through I had two tough nights like this, but then I have apnea. along with overweight, old, and high blood pressure as risk factors

Finally you will be able to cough the build up out easily. Thats where I am now. i am not telling anyone what disease i HAD, BECAUSE i DON'T KNOW. You have to be at death's door before you can get tested, and I was lucky enough that did not happen. It sounds like there may be some drugs released from the FDA, so i pray that things will get better.

• Sad 3

nylyon

Hope that you recover quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Good to hear you are headed the right direction Farmer.

Testing situation is the same here in Maine as I'm sure it is most other places.

I'm hoping that if Trina or I gets ahold of this we will be one of the lucky ones who either don't know or have a light case.

Would you care to share what your Weapons-grade Expectorant was?

Tractorhead

Self test was only for Diagnostic, i will hope a vaccine will be developed quicker.

@ohiofarmer stay save and all the best for a quick convalescent.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, tom2p said:

Can't tell if that's the one but there's a company in Maine who's working on a test that gives results in just a few minutes. Likely places all across the country are doing so.

Tractorhead

Hope you getting better @ohiofarmer

we are still in Quarantine til 8. of April, but i‘m sure we just had a bit stronger Flu.
Still up on the „Co“ Word here is also in same Timeline a bigger Flu wave is happen.

The only what wonders me a bit was, that my cough was a bit „ harder“ than i know normaly.
But i still thinking, we both only had a little harder Flu, what actually can happen.

As smoker‘s, we be sorted as risk group by our Government, but both of us seemed to be convalescent.
As of now, we must be still in quarantine, because our Government has decided so, until our Testresults arrives.
We was tested last week while a Collegue of Mrs. T was before positive tested.

Our test was done on last week Wednesday, but no result until now.

So i hope you also just have a bit harder Flu and recover also quickly,

keep safe and recover quickly 

Steve

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

We made it through whatever this was for the most part.  Fever is done, but clearing all the goobery stuff out of our bodies will take some time.   I get more frustrated with the constantly changing guidelines from various governments that I just quit listening.

I wanted some fresh burger so decided to go way out to a country meat market. they made you go in one driveway for take out orders and the other one for phone orders. Everything pre packaged and in double plastic food grade bags.The owners just show all kinds of common sense doing that.

I still think that crowding around for toilet paper is crazy. I went out just once in two weeks.  Our governor [who I voted for} was asked if he thought it was a good idea to have doc in a box medical clinics inside grocery stores. He was caught flat footed and gave an answer that said it ccould be bad or good.  He just shut down a parts builder for car parts though.

The state announced that there would b no evictions until further notice. That's just fine.  If I have a tenant who owes, i will just assign the debt to what i owe on my income taxes. Then put a copy of the letter to the local news and see how it goes:rolleyes:.  

At least we are still on this planet to have these problems. Whatever we had was pretty rough if it was the flu and pretty mild if it was that other thing. My wife spent her last week of work at home and has just RETIRED. Thanks for the well wishes It is good to have friends on this forum.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 3

Tractorhead

Great to hear, you getting better. 👍

Kati and my Quarantine ends on 8.April, then we will see further.
I be still shocked, how fast that contamination grows and how much peoples died allready on this issue.

Please stay Safe and keep healthy all.

ebinmaine

@ohiofarmer

Glad to hear you're doing better.

Say hi to the wife from some crazy couple in Maine.

Keep on keepin on.

All of us... Let's do our best to stay well and healthy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1