richmondred01

Will The Big Show be Canceled?

Jennifer
2 hours ago, troutbum63 said:

If everyone would read 2 Chronicles 7:13 and 7:14 and follow the directions in 7:14 we will all be fine. And the show can go on, praying for healing and an end to this enemy.

WOW you have spoken words of true wisdom and answers!!!  

squonk

One problem comparing it to the flu. We don’t have a vaccine yet for this yet. Big difference!

• Like 3

953 nut
9 hours ago, ZXT said:

I just wish the mass panic would stop and people would get a grip on themselves. In 2009, with the H1N1 flu, 60 million people got it and 18k people died in the U.S.. I do not recall the mass hysteria or TP flying off of the shelves. I really don't recall people doing much about it. We currently sit at less than 10k cases and less than 100 deaths nationwide

At that time we didn't have Facebook, Twitter and all of the "Social Influencers" making irresponsible statements and fabricating stories that the world suddenly accepts as Truth.

Our places of worship are closed, but that doesn't stop us from praying that we will be delivered safely from this problem. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

squonk

Simple question. Would you rather err on the side of caution and maybe it won’t be as bad as they are saying it’s going to be, or blow it off as nothing and maybe have a disaster on our hands. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

bottjernat1

We had Facebook because ive had mine in 2008. Facebook has been around since 2004. Not as popular as it is now tho. And i grew up my grandpa mapes was a preacher there is no need to panic but there is also no need to be ignorant. Now the churches well i have a good story my mother in law got told by her preacher to not worry at all and everyone should come to church anyways. That is being ignorant God wants us to put are faith in him in times of trouble but in the bible it also states in layman's terms dont be a tater head and that your home is your church. I have shied away from the church because of ignorance and because of the closed mindedness. The last church i was going to my wonderful wife grew up not knowing about God and so I told her I have known alot of these folks since i was a kid I will ask to see if they cant help teach you more about gods word. Well her second day at a ladies house of someone i knew and trusted she sends her home with an anti Muslim book. I was very upset and so was my wife. It is ok to not like what someone else has to say or there beliefs but to preach hate. It states in the bible We are not here to judge. We will be ok this will pass I give this hole thing a week or 2 and folks will wake up and folks will get tired of being stuck in there homes. I will be going to whatever shows are still a go around me. So far knock on wood My show I have been going to since i was a kid in Lagrange Indiana is still a go! but thats not till august.

Ed Kennell

Maybe  the travel restrictions will help lower the 40,000 deaths that occur every year in the USA  due to vehicle crashes.    One death every 50 minutes due to drunk drivers.

Even with a vaccine, 12,000 have all ready died in the USA  from the flu this season with 18,000 more deaths predicted by the end of the flu season this spring.

70,000 deaths from drug OD in 2017.

500,000 USA deaths due to cancer every year.

I am not trying to minimize the seriousness of this super contagious virus.    I have self quarantined my entire family, but there are several other  serious problems we also need to address.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

Well put Ed 

So I'll throw this out … keep in mind there are what... over 300 million people in the US...

Annotation 2020-03-19 104650.png

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Last I checked, my tractors were not infected. I think I’ll go hang out with them for a couple weeks. :handgestures-thumbupright: I just stood 2 feet away from someone in the post office while inside the “6 foot separation” zone. So far I feel ok. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

troutbum70

Jennifer it's just a reminder that the great creator of all things is in charge. 

• Heart 3

squonk

2 patients in the village I’m working in right now confirmed 

• Sad 5

WHX??
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

Last I checked, my tractors were not infected.

:laughing-rolling: I dunno Richie... maybe best I just come get them to be on the safe side.... :ph34r:

• Haha 5

elcamino/wheelhorse
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

:laughing-rolling: I dunno Richie... maybe best I just come get them to be on the safe side.... :ph34r:

I am willing to pick the Hesston  maybe @WHX24 we could caravan to Richies.:ROTF:

• Haha 4

squonk
28 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I am willing to pick the Hesston  maybe @WHX24 we could caravan to Richies.:ROTF:

If you get lost driving, stop at a barb-be-que joint and ask for directions! :lol:

• Haha 3

bottjernat1
1 hour ago, TractorJunkie said:

yes and God provided man with wisdom...........a gift we must use to make the best choices! 

It is not that hard, keep your circle small. i.e. don't shop at 5 different grocery stores, try to use one,  let one person in the household go to the store, keep it clean, sanitize and keep your distance. 

from what I understand, a major example: if this got into a nursing home, it could quickly wipe out a lot of people who could not tolerate a 104 fever and respiratory distress.

As far as comparing to the flu, that is apple to orange thinking. Could you imagine the death toll from flu if there were no vaccines? 

I pray to give those working on the cure the strength to continue and give those suffering the strength to over come. 

My wife is going out today I told her to start early and just get what we need no crazy buying! She is very calm threw this hole deal. so are my daughters. Best thing to do is pray and keep calm and clean!

19richie66
15 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Hesston isn’t going anywhere Jim 😁 And since it isn’t a Wheelhorse, I couldn’t bring it to the show. But when I get set up at the house, you can come over and drive it all you want. :handgestures-thumbupright: We’ll be watching for @WHX24 at the state line. :violence-blades:

• Haha 7

Mike'sHorseBarn

We have an emergency department head meeting today at work and some how I have the feeling I'm getting laid off for two weeks. Oh well, gives me time to mess with my tractors and bring them all out of winter hibernation!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

squonk

I could withstand a week or two off. But even if they close NYS they are supposed to be feeding kids from schools and there are enough dummies there to really mess up some kitchen equipment so I’m considered “Essential “. Better tell my wife! :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Sparky

I work for a defense contractor....the word from the Fed Govt is we keep working (for now).

Glad to still have a paycheck coming in.

My wife is a nurse so unless she gets the virus she has to go in. 

Even if the WH Show is still on I would expect attendance to be reduced. 

• Like 3

squonk

“Sunrise Red” fades into pink! Ask me how I know   :snooty:

oldredrider

Pink is a shade of red...:thumbs:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

squonk

A co-worker called in sick today.Went to Doctor and he wants her pickles self-quarantine. HOO-BOY!

• Confused 4

WHX??

Ya lost me here Skunk... dr. wants to quarantine her pickles or quarantine her with a jar of pickles???.. pickles a new cure?!?! :lol:

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

squonk

Auto spell.  Somehow pickles came up and I don't know why. It was supposed to be "to" All I know is I might have been exposed to the Virus yesterday and may have to self quarantine.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 5