richmondred01

Will The Big Show be Canceled?

richmondred01

I know it’s several months away but I’m guessing that The Big Show will be canceled this year. 
What do you guys think? 

Edited by richmondred01
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Jennifer

Don’t speak blasphemy😢.  Thank positive! 😂 I hope nothing comes of everyone’s fear!  We have made a lot of plans and arrangements!  Lots of item and tractors to pickup and deliver!  Friends to see!  It’s time we all get on our knees and pray!

Edited by Jennifer
  • Like 8

Mike'sHorseBarn
1 hour ago, richmondred01 said:

I know it’s several months away but I’m guessing that The Big Show will be canceled this year. 
What do you guys think? 

I kind of doubt this thing will stick around until the end of June, but who really knows.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

857 horse
1 hour ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

I kind of doubt this thing will stick around until the end of June, but who really knows.

I CANNOT FATHOM MISSING THIS SHOW,,,,,AND AS ALWAYS HOPING AND PRAYING ALL WILL BE WELL.

WE ARE  ALL HOPING PLANNING AND PRAYING,,,THE SHOW WILL GO ON !!!!!!!!!!!

HOWARD 857HORSE IN VA

Edited by 857 horse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

bottjernat1

I may be the only lucky guy to have gone to a show this year! Kinda messed up. I went to the one in auburn indiana. I wasnt scared i even took my girls! They wanted to go! It was a pretty good turn out for all the crap going on. Got to live life! As they say the show must go on!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

I don’t have anything to buy or sell per say, but I don’t want to miss seeing my friends and tractors galore!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

bottjernat1
15 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

This next few weeks is crucial to do what they are telling you to do.  I would think in a couple of weeks we should have a good idea of what we are dealing with and at that point what we may be looking at for the summer.  Common cents...since....sense.  and Rock & Rye.  :occasion-xmas:

i am an american i am free and i dont do well with someone telling me what to do. You can be cautious but most of what is going on is ridiculous! I agree that we will know alot more in the next couple weeks. I am doing what i normally do. If its my time to go its my time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Heart 2

Jennifer
On 3/18/2020 at 12:45 PM, bottjernat1 said:

i am an american i am free and i dont do well with someone telling me what to do. You can be cautious but most of what is going on is ridiculous! I agree that we will know alot more in the next couple weeks. I am doing what i normally do. If its my time to go its my time. 

I am in agreement, I feel much is ridiculous and because of the over dramatic shoppers/etc. news, one can't get a good grip on the situation.  Had people remained calm and self restraint used there would be a better grip of the situation.  My opinion. Example - we are so uninformed with facts.  The TP off the selves?  Its a respiratory issues!  So way TP?  That was the first thing people stocked up on!!!  Food/water, medication, for example theses should have been before TP.. Just recently people here have been going after food supplies.  I believe in JESUS CHRIST and fear is of the devil.  I will not be caged like a animal or criminal.  Being cautious is always a great idea, using common scents will go a long ways, but like @bottjernat1 (If its your time its your time. PERIOD!)  Sad fact but only means we get to move on to our permanent home, where we will never get sick again.  With that said I want to live life with out Fear and to its fullest!

In NO way was I referring to being disrespectful of others health or safety!  I if I was told to remain at home I would.  My work isn’t one I can take off from.  I was just trying to clearly state that I was not going to live in fear of this Virus... I believe that my God, will see us safely through this by prayer and faith!  I was stating that much of the hysterical actions of others to create fear and panic was out of control and that respect and common sense would go alone way.  That proper supplies and resources be acquired rather than swarming isles for TP.  I think we’re I stand was misunderstood and if not great!  If the Big Show is canceled it’s not the end of the world!  I wish you all great health and safety for family and friends..  I work around and care for the elderly!  There health is important to me as in my field of work many of my tenants become like family I do not wish for any of them to become ill...  That said with all the precautions taken if it is your time it is your time...that’s NOT saying go out and live with out regard to others or ones self, don’t speed it alone.  I hope this clears up any misunderstanding!  God Bless and I pray for this evil to end!

Edited by Jennifer
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Heart 3

Wheelhorse Wes

No one on the news is talking about the over 50,000 people that have HAD this and their body beat it and now they are 100%.....the news is all about the bad and danger. 

• Excellent 6
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

Has anybody mentioned that we should buy stock in diapers in about 9 months?  I bet there will be a baby boom!  

:hide:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 6

wallfish

@ericj , one of the WHCC board members and a member here as well, posted on another thread. Something like they are at a wait see right now and waiting to purchase show shirts and such for now. Think everyone is still hopeful we can move on with regular life after a short while.

• Like 3
  • Heart 3

Wheelhorse Wes

Apparently this virus dies in heat. So hurry up spring get here n knock off this thing

lol ya that’s the joke going around. In 9 months there’s going to be a baby boom

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

I have been praying for a prompt end to this virus and all the fear that has gripped our nation. I feel that Mike's statement is too true. So many of the younger generation seem to think it will only impact the elderly because the news media has been stressing this, they fail to point out the "Carriers" that will spread it to us. 

As for the Big Show, I am confident that the show will go on and we have weathered this storm by then.

50 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Has anybody mentioned that we should buy stock in diapers in about 9 months?  I bet there will be a baby boom!  

I posted that on the other thread about Corona.        It will be world wide, just in time for Christmas.

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

8ntruck

My wife and I are also in the high risk group.  I agree with squonk - see how things develop and act accordingly.  We've not made plans to attend the Big Show yet, but we have discussed doing so.

Remember - all of the actions are being taken in an effort to avoid a spike in the number of cases that could potentially overwhelm our health care system.  This is a time of great uncertainty.  We need to remember to consider the effect our actions could have on others when we make decisions and take actions.

• Like 5
  • Heart 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I am on the fence about attending based on health problems any way.  I don't think we need to be jumping up and down about an event in June when State and Federal regulations may determine whether it takes place. I hope that the BS will take place and I can attend .  

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 3

CCW
1 hour ago, Wheelhorse Wes said:

Apparently this virus dies in heat. So hurry up spring get here n knock off this thing

lol ya that’s the joke going around. In 9 months there’s going to be a baby boom

We are hopeful for this, but it is currently not fully established.  Here is a March 18 interview

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak-will-it-go-away-in-summer-expert-weighs-in/

By the time warm humid weather comes we may be inundated with infections.  Let's keep hoping for the best.

• Like 2

ZXT
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

And in approx. 13 years, we will see the rise of the QuaranTeens! :lol:

On a serious note, I don't plan to alter my actions much due to this. I don't generally go out into large crowds (other than car shows or swap meets, which have all been canceled), I wash my hands, I cover my coughs, sneeze into my elbow, etc. I've never been one to drink or eat after someone. If I get it, it will be airborne, and there's not much I can do about that. I could get it from walking from my house to my car. I'm certainly not going to over expose myself to my grandparents, just in case, even though they have the same mindset I do on distancing.

I just wish the mass panic would stop and people would get a grip on themselves. In 2009, with the H1N1 flu, 60 million people got it and 18k people died in the U.S.. I do not recall the mass hysteria or TP flying off of the shelves. I really don't recall people doing much about it. We currently sit at less than 10k cases and less than 100 deaths nationwide.

It would certainly be a shame if the big show were cancelled. 

Edited by ZXT
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart
1 hour ago, ZXT said:

742733BE-533C-4833-B2AE-CF491703495D.jpeg

• Haha 4

Ed Kennell

Yes, we should all take the precautions to protect those most vulnerable to the effects of this new virus,

But at the same time keep it in perspective.

2018/2019 flu stats:

43,000,000  suffered from the flu

61,000 died

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Jennifer
2 hours ago, ZXT said:

On a serious note, I don't plan to alter my actions much due to this. I don't generally go out into large crowds (other than car shows or swap meets, which have all been canceled), I wash my hands, I cover my coughs, sneeze into my elbow, etc. I've never been one to drink or eat after someone. If I get it, it will be airborne, and there's not much I can do about that. I could get it from walking from my house to my car. I'm certainly not going to over expose myself to my grandparents, just in case, even though they have the same mindset I do on distancing.

I just wish the mass panic would stop and people would get a grip on themselves. In 2009, with the H1N1 flu, 60 million people got it and 18k people died in the U.S.. I do not recall the mass hysteria or TP flying off of the shelves. I really don't recall people doing much about it. We currently sit at less than 10k cases and less than 100 deaths nationwide.

It would certainly be a shame if the big show were cancelled. 

Very well stated... 

• Like 1