jrotten13

Looking for dozer/ plow blade

jrotten13

Hey everyone. New here. Just picked up a nice 92, 416-8 wheel horse. I'm having trouble finding a plow/ dozer blade for it.  This is the info I found through research of my model. The problem is, cant find anyone selling this online. Is there different models that will fit that I am missing? 

Model #: 06-48BC03
48" Snow/Dozer Blade

20200313_090901.jpg.567af1755b4e6342b44dbee1f77a9859.jpg

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum

Here is a list of them in the order they were produced. Notice they went from 42" to 48" which is better suited to your tractor.

1968 model 6-4111 - First to fit LONG & SHORT frame tractors and first to mount under the rear axle - replaced by

1969 model [6-4112 + 6-9621]

1970-73 model [6-4113 + 6-9622]

1973-74 model [6-4113 + 6-9623]

1974 model [6-4114 + 6-9624]

1974 model 6-2131

1975 model 6-2132

1976 model 6-2133

1976 model 66-42BC01

1977 model 76-42BC01

1978 model 86-42BC01

1979 model 96-42BC01

1980 model 06-42BC01

1981-1984 model 06-42BC02 (Up to here including this one they are 42" wide)

1984-1989 model 06-48BC01 (They are now 48" wide) - replaced by the following

1990 model 06-48BC02 (Last blade to have 3 angle positions)

1991-1993 model 06-48BC03 (First blade to have 5 angle positions)

1993-2001 model 79350 - (105-1502 kit adapts 2001 and older GT Classic-Series blades to fit 2002 and later tractors

2002 2004-2009 2012 model 79364 - (105-1501 kit adapts 79364 blade to fit 2001 and older GT Classic-Series)

Find an illustrated parts list (ipl) and it will show all the pieces required to attach it. Some parts seem to go missing when removed from the tractor.

Garry

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

:text-welcomeconfetti:

From another Mainah !!!

There's several around...

@JCM @Stepney @AHS @Oldskool

And a few more...

You should be able to use one of several plows either 42" or 48" wide.

Year range from late 60s to current.

As long as it's a "long frame" model it would work.

• Like 3

jrotten13
6 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Welcome to the forum

Here is a list of them in the order they were produced. Notice they went from 42" to 48" which is better suited to your tractor.

1968 model 6-4111 - First to fit LONG & SHORT frame tractors and first to mount under the rear axle - replaced by

1969 model [6-4112 + 6-9621]

1970-73 model [6-4113 + 6-9622]

1973-74 model [6-4113 + 6-9623]

1974 model [6-4114 + 6-9624]

1974 model 6-2131

1975 model 6-2132

1976 model 6-2133

1976 model 66-42BC01

1977 model 76-42BC01

1978 model 86-42BC01

1979 model 96-42BC01

1980 model 06-42BC01

1981-1984 model 06-42BC02 (Up to here including this one they are 42" wide)

1984-1989 model 06-48BC01 (They are now 48" wide) - replaced by the following

1990 model 06-48BC02 (Last blade to have 3 angle positions)

1991-1993 model 06-48BC03 (First blade to have 5 angle positions)

1993-2001 model 79350 - (105-1502 kit adapts 2001 and older GT Classic-Series blades to fit 2002 and later tractors

2002 2004-2009 2012 model 79364 - (105-1501 kit adapts 79364 blade to fit 2001 and older GT Classic-Series)

Find an illustrated parts list (ipl) and it will show all the pieces required to attach it. Some parts seem to go missing when removed from the tractor.

Garry

Thanks Gary. This gives me much more info to look around with.

jrotten13
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

From another Mainah !!!

And a few more...

That's great. Thanks. I'll get to looking again. Hoping to put my WH to work this spring. No more snow to test out the snow blower it came with. Although the previous owner showed me video of it throwing snow pretty good. The plow is going to be used to move around fill. Any problem with moving fill with the 48 inch compared to the 42? 

• Like 1

Stepney
Just now, jrotten13 said:

That's great. Thanks. I'll get to looking again. Hoping to put my WH to work this spring. No more snow to test out the snow blower it came with. Although the previous owner showed me video of it throwing snow pretty good. The plow is going to be used to move around fill. Any problem with moving fill with the 48 inch compared to the 42? 

It wont make too much difference, though I find the 42" is a bit easier to keep level. Just need lots of weight on the rear.

When you do find a plow, be sure to check that the rear axle bracket is either still on your machine, or with the plow. Worst case you can get a new one from Lowell.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, jrotten13 said:

As stated just above. No issues. Just take a smaller bite.

jrotten13
1 minute ago, Stepney said:

It wont make too much difference, though I find the 42" is a bit easier to keep level. Just need lots of weight on the rear.

When you do find a plow, be sure to check that the rear axle bracket is either still on your machine, or with the plow. Worst case you can get a new one from Lowell.

Good point. Just checked. No rear bracket, so I'll have to get one.

bottjernat1

:text-welcomewave:They should be around you. Those dozer blades are not to hard to find. Id try Here of course, Facebook market place or on Facebook there is a page called wheelhorse junkies!

jrotten13
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Just now, bottjernat1 said:

:text-welcomewave:They should be around you. Those dozer blades are not to hard to find. Id try Here of course, Facebook market place or on Facebook there is a page called wheelhorse junkies!

Thanks. Now that I know other models will fit I'll try fb marketplace again. Looks like I have some fab work to do before I start plowing anyways. Weight boxes dont look hard to make lol

• Like 1

WHX??

Hold off on the bracket till you find a plow.. they are supposed to go with them but many times get left on the tractor. 

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Call lincoln at A to Z tractors. Thats 

where l got mine.

:text-welcomeconfetti:TO :rs:

Oldskool

Welcome. You came to the right place for WH info. I will keep my eyes peeled for one

• Like 1

jrotten13
48 minutes ago, WHX24 said:
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

From another Mainah !!!

And a few more...

Welp. I found a few that are pickup only. Long frames are not in this state from what I see. Brackets are the easy find. The plow I will have to monitor the forums and wait to see if one goes for sale. 

Thanks for the speedy replies and info, everyone. 

Now onto researching the downpreassure mod I found while I wait.

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, jrotten13 said:

Welp. I found a few that are pickup only. Long frames are not in this state from what I see. Brackets are the easy find. The plow I will have to monitor the forums and wait to see if one goes for sale. 

Thanks for the speedy replies and info, everyone. 

Now onto researching the downpreassure mod I found while I wait.

I think you'll find that MOST of the Wheelhorse plows are Long Frame Plows.

The way that you tell is to look at the frame rails of the plow. If about half of the frame rail section is parallel to one another, it is a long frame setup.

Short frame plow setups were only used in the mid-60s.

The down pressure is done by having a solid link that goes from the handle at your left hand straight down to the plow. No length of chain is used.

Boy does that ever come in handy when you're trying to scrape up snow that's been driven on. I would not plow snow without that ability.

jrotten13
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I think you'll find that MOST of the Wheelhorse plows are Long Frame Plows.

The way that you tell is to look at the frame rails of the plow. If about half of the frame rail section is parallel to one another, it is a long frame setup.

Short frame plow setups were only used in the mid-60s.

The down pressure is done by having a solid link that goes from the handle at your left hand straight down to the plow. No length of chain is used.

Boy does that ever come in handy when you're trying to scrape up snow that's been driven on. I would not plow snow without that ability.

Hmm. I'll have to double check the ones in found. I assumed they were short because the length of the rails. They look like they attaches to the middle of the tractor not the rear. The attatchments show pictures of the attatch o matic that mine has. But it's what my blower and mower hookup to. Maybe it's a different model then.

I should have noted. First time GT owner. But mechanically inclined.

The down preassure mod seems easy enough. Looks like my 24 hours of ownership has given me several things on my to do list.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, jrotten13 said:

Hmm. I'll have to double check the ones in found. I assumed they were short because the length of the rails. They look like they attaches to the middle of the tractor not the rear. The attatchments show pictures of the attatch o matic that mine has. But it's what my blower and mower hookup to. Maybe it's a different model then.

The down preassure mod seems easy enough. Looks like my 24 hours of ownership has given me several things on my to do list.

No worries. You're well on your way to becoming a wheel horse addict.

Please do keep asking questions. That's how we learn.

I can take a couple pictures tomorrow to show you what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

jrotten13
Just now, ebinmaine said:

No worries. You're well on your way to becoming a wheel horse addict.

Please do keep asking questions. That's how we learn.

I can take a couple pictures tomorrow to show you what I'm talking about.

I plan on it. Yes pictures would be great. thank you.

• Like 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, jrotten13 said:

I plan on it. Yes pictures would be great. thank you.

:text-welcomewave: from not Maine :handgestures-thumbupright:

Nice tractor!

• Like 1

cafoose

Check the first picture in this thread for what the down pressure link looks like:

SylvanLakeWH

WVHillbilly520H
10 hours ago, jrotten13 said:

Long frame with 42" wide moldboard on a 315-8...

20191230_133826_HDR.jpg

20200308_122448.jpg

20200308_122500_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

jrotten13
10 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Long frame with 42" wide moldboard on a 315-8...

20191230_133826_HDR.jpg

20200308_122448.jpg

20200308_122500_HDR.jpg

Nice. Thanks for the pictures. I'm still searching. So far the only ones I have found are on tractors that people dont want to seperate.

The Tuul Crib
42 minutes ago, jrotten13 said:

So far the only ones I have found are on tractors that people dont want to seperate.

There ya go! Buy the blade and the

tractor goes wit it!!!

• Like 1