D_Mac

Chainsaw information.

C-85

This type of file guide has become my favorites -

image.png.0d60aa820ed55ced43f973b968079bdd.png

They're light weight, really help and are very easy to use.

C-85

• Like 2

WHX??
On 2/19/2020 at 3:26 AM, ebinmaine said:

Stihl is - hands down - THE chain saw.

I got a 026 I'd dang near send ya for free just so I could hear ya swearing at it from here! :lol:

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

I got a 026 I'd dang near send ya for free just so I could hear ya swearing at it from here! :lol:

I have a secret weapon though.

There's a Stihl dealer nearby me that's pretty good.

But there's a small engine shop I use on a regular basis that is AMAZING.

D_Mac

Well I got home around 4 today and it was nice out here so I decided to fire up the saw again. It stared after about 5 pulls, seemed to be running really well. I went through the snow to a little wood pile I have from when I had a little fireplace on the patio. Picked out a log about 5 inches in diameter. Wood has been sitting out there for about 5 yrs now, brought the saw over and that thing cut through it like it wasnt even there. I was surprised. Guess I will leave that chain on there for now but I will still get that file set and case for it. Also a friend of mines son wants the shot gun. Told him 125. I am happy to get rid of it..

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Excellent....

BPEisenhower

I Love...I really LOVE my STIHL... just as much as my wife to be.. (covered my rear) I have the 029AV, 031AV plus the new arrival, M880 R, and all models are excellent. Plenty of parts available. My personal favorite is the MS880R. 

IMG_20181011_202221.jpg

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, BPEisenhower said:

just as much as my wife to be.. (covered my rear)

Nice job there

BPEisenhower
11 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Nice job there

I'm learning quickly!!!

• Excellent 1

WHX??

You saw freaks may interested in what else we do with our saws... cut ice. We'll take a larger power head and fit it with a 36 to 48" bar depending on ice thickness and a modified chain. Basically a wood chain with the teeth cut down to a chisel point. No oil in the chain tank but a grease gun fitted to the side just to keep things happy. Chain oil messes up the hole, white grease does not. Water does the lube when cutting.  

20160212_115331.jpg

20160212_115519.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

Jim I see you guys being the ice box right to the source?  I read about this in the Little House series... ice blocks and sawdust to last all summer!  Now I knew you were a cheapskate... but I didn’t know you fix your drinks from the drink?

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
19 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Jim I see you guys being the ice box right to the source?  I read about this in the Little House series... ice blocks and sawdust to last all summer!  Now I knew you were a cheapskate... but I didn’t know you fix your drinks from the drink?

He's just being resourceful and self-sufficient

• Haha 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

No actually we fish through them! :lol:

20170211_083110.jpg

20140209_124648.jpg

100_2304.JPG

Pullstart

Is that a spearing gun?

WHX??
14 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Is that a spearing gun?

LOL...no just hand thrown... guys have been known to put a scope on them tho (joke)… One I made for my niece... 

20151225_162755.jpg

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
4 hours ago, WHX24 said:

LOL...no just hand thrown... guys have been known to put a scope on them tho (joke)… One I made for my niece... 

20151225_162755.jpg

She looks thrilled!

Digger 66
On 2/19/2020 at 10:43 AM, ebinmaine said:

Gas storage. Definitely empty.

Absolutely spot on ^

Don't forget to fog it if it's going to be put away for a while .

I'm still running a hand-me-down Mini-Mac 30 . It's really all I need .

pGBgQXL.jpg

s1SEy0V.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Got one just like that Digger...no nice case tho. Thought it would be a nice little light weight saw for limbing and cook stove wood.  Believe it or not I picked it out of a dumpster! Dragged it home and threw some gas in it and it ran! I couldn't believe some idiot tossed it. Very filthy tho so someday going to do a frame up?, For lack of a better term, cleaning on it. Thought it was labeled a Mac 6 tho? 

Digger 66
21 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Got one just like that Digger...no nice case tho. Thought it would be a nice little light weight saw for limbing and cook stove wood.  Believe it or not I picked it out of a dumpster! Dragged it home and threw some gas in it and it ran! I couldn't believe some idiot tossed it. Very filthy tho so someday going to do a frame up?, For lack of a better term, cleaning on it. Thought it was labeled a Mac 6 tho? 

I did that last fall , all parts are still available .

Had 160psi cylinder pressure so I left the top end alone .

Just went through the carb / oil system and a general once over .

FBCJlIb.jpg

z61ty7w.jpg

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 2
  • Heart 1

WVHillbilly520H
21 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Like dad's... Mac 6 or Mini Mac 25

20191026_134950.jpg

20191026_135042.jpg

• Like 3

WHX??

Get this project tractor out of the way she's goin under the wrench...might be handy for spring cleanup.

20200228_170930[1].jpg

20200228_170917[1].jpg

• Like 3

Digger 66
7 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Get this project tractor out of the way she's goin under the wrench...might be handy for spring cleanup.

20200228_170930[1].jpg

A little digging online shows these things have a kind of cult following B)

Research netted this PDF for the 25 & 30's http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/mccullochpartlist92290.pdf

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
9 minutes ago, Digger 66 said:

A little digging online shows these things have a kind of cult following B)

Research netted this PDF for the 25 & 30's http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/mccullochpartlist92290.pdf

I believe they an "aborist" saw for limbing/pruning operations... The 25 is the only saw my dad ever bought brand new.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I believe they an "aborist" saw for limbing/pruning operations... 

I've heard the same up here....

As long as the company is out of "reach" of OSHA.

(No chain brake)

WVHillbilly520H
33 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I've heard the same up here....

As long as the company is out of "reach" of OSHA.

(No chain brake)

Maybe Jim's ( @WHX24) but as far as my dad (James/Jim) his saws still have the brake installed unless it's the pre 80s versions.

• Like 1

bc.gold

Cutting shake blocks for hand splits it' important to sharpen the chain equally on both sides or you'll end up with the bar wandering to one side giving you un-square ends.

Cutting cedar blocks from drift wood washed up on the beaches of Vancouver Island you need to file your chain often, I used a 12 volt bar clamp sharpener.

Every chansaw I've owned has a bar dog, which allows you to really apply some force into the cut.

At the time was using a, Jonsered is a brand of chainsaws and other equipment, owned by Husqvarna

12volt.png

dog.jpg