Sign in to follow this  
blaise314

K241 fuel pump

blaise314

I may be needing a fuel pump for my k2410, spec #46766d and I cannot track down the original part number. The same two pumps keep coming up, but I can't find a listing with spec numbers to decide between the two. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

blaise314

I think that post is what made me so paranoid about getting the correct one. Regardless, I'm probably getting ahead of myself--I still need to check off all the easy fixes first. Thanks for the response.

Brian1045

http://ccspecialties.org/fuel_tuneup_maint.html

Scroll down the page you'll see the pump that I purchased. TT is right...This is the identical pump that came off my k241, and this is the only place I could find one at that good of a price, so you may want to grab one. It's work flawlessly so far..Knock on wood.

:omg:

blaise314

Brian-

How identical? Mine doesn't have the lever on the bottom...the priming lever I presume? Is that just what it sounds like--a manual priming mechanism? I could see where that would be useful.

I did manage to get the engine started and running today, but after seeing the inside of the fuel pump I might go ahead and get one of the metal bodied ones while they're available. Now if I could just remember where I planted the money tree...

Thanks,

Brian

Brian1045

The Primer lever is really only needed for engines that are pull start only I assume.

Mine did have that lever...but I never ever used it... nor had too.

I don't want to dis-credit the Kohler plastic fuel pumps...but in my case I tried 2 of them and they both broke in an hour of running time.

They warranted both of them but advised me to try to get a hold of an "original" pump if I could.

Good luck!