Rickenbacker53

Wheelhorse Blower Auger Chain Crazy Priced

Rickenbacker53

My Auger Chain on My Toro Single stage Snow Thrower is worn enough I am out of adjustment : A New one is $64 to $86.00 . Depending on where you buy it.  Seriously ?? For a Chain?

Is there any reason I can't just have a hardware store make me a Chain that length for $15.00 ?

Edited by Rickenbacker53

rjg854

Go to tractor supply and buy #40 chain, a couple of extra links and have enough chain to do again. 

BTW :WRS:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Rickenbacker53
26 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Go to tractor supply and buy #40 chain, a couple of extra links and have enough chain to do again. 

BTW :WRS:  Where does #40 Come from? 

rjg854

Size of  the chain ;)

peter lena

probably from china , like everything else. btw , do you LUBRICATE THAT DRIVE CHAIN ?  recommend  lubriplate chain and cable spray , keep it  wet with lube and you failure rate  will disappear. pete  

Ed Kennell

Don't forget the connector links to join the chain after cutting to the same number links as the old one.    There is a you tube video showing the proper way to assemble the connector link relative to the travel direction of the chain.

• Like 1

Achto

Here's a link to a video on installing the master link.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

ACHTO, good simple follow up on that, as far as the pricing of a lot of w/h parts , its killing itself . if you have a related # its easy to find just about anything. i would not even consider paying  a price like that , when T/S  has it in stock for much less. thanks again for the installation flick, pete 

• Like 1

Rickenbacker53
On 2/16/2020 at 8:07 PM, peter lena said:

ACHTO, good simple follow up on that, as far as the pricing of a lot of w/h parts , its killing itself . if you have a related # its easy to find just about anything. i would not even consider paying  a price like that , when T/S  has it in stock for much less. thanks again for the installation flick, pete 

Thanks