cafoose

Look what jumped in my truck today!

ZXT

I know where one of those is, in pretty darn good shape. I figure I could get it for half of that. I guess I probably ought to get it! 

Excellent buy, by the way! Looks great!

Edited by ZXT
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

953 nut

:woohoo:        Even has the factory original tires on it,    nice pick.               :text-bravo:

• Thanks 2

SylvanLakeWH

:notworthy:

• Thanks 1

bottjernat1

Good deal! I got mine for the same price from my late dad. Great little cart! Here is my oldest and my now son in laws brother. This was taken at Lagrange indiana tractor show a few years ago.

ashley.jpg

• Like 5

peter lena

terrific pick up, if you did nothing else now , just soak it down with penetrating oil spray , and feed that metal to preserve what you have. continues to amaze me ,how people can look at rust and neglect , yet do nothing to stop it , that is my first go to  for anything that i just pick up, pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cafoose
4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:woohoo:        Even has the factory original tires on it,    nice pick.               :text-bravo:

I was wondering about that:handgestures-thumbupright:

cafoose

If you look closely at this you may be able to see the pinholes is the bed. How can I fix it? :confusion-confused:

20200212_171312.jpg.826cc6ee86c19d61479d06cd0f330054.jpg

Pullstart

Without cutting a patch out and welding in, I bet PC-7 is the strongest alternative... or JB-weld.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stepney

I welded a few patches in mine, skimmed the tough bits with JB Weld, built a dam of light plastic to hold it up. And set a heat lamp to it. Gave it a week and ground smooth. For the light use mine will see, it's good enough. 

• Thanks 1

ZXT

I'd take and spray the rusty area with POR-15, and if you don't want to weld a patch in, I'd buy some "tiger hair" or "bondo glass" (same thing, different names). It's fiberglass reinforced and is extremely strong when dried. I would cover the pin holes on the under side with tape to keep the stuff from seeping through when wet, and apply a thin layer on the top half. Sand smooth when dry and paint. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

cafoose
1 hour ago, ZXT said:

I'd take and spray the rusty area with POR-15, and if you don't want to weld a patch in, I'd buy some "tiger hair" or "bondo glass" (same thing, different names). It's fiberglass reinforced and is extremely strong when dried. I would cover the pin holes on the under side with tape to keep the stuff from seeping through when wet, and apply a thin layer on the top half. Sand smooth when dry and paint. 

Sounds like a good idea I've worked with fiberglass filler before. I think that's what I'll do :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

ZXT
1 minute ago, cafoose said:

Sounds like a good idea I've worked with fiberglass filler before. I think that's what I'll do :handgestures-thumbupright:

I've used it on floor pans in old cars that had some pinholes (Even fairly large stuff in a buddys car, up to 1/2" large). Not the "correct" way to do it, but I'm not selling my cars or passing them off as perfect. I figure if it works there, it'll work just as well here! Good luck with your repair!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
9 hours ago, ZXT said:

I've used it on floor pans in old cars that had some pinholes (Even fairly large stuff in a buddys car, up to 1/2" large). Not the "correct" way to do it, but I'm not selling my cars or passing them off as perfect. I figure if it works there, it'll work just as well here! Good luck with your repair!

Better than people ‘round here filling their gaping holes with spray foam, coating that with bondo and painting her up real nice with spray bombs!

• Haha 2