DarrellF

Single joystick on Ark 550 loader

DarrellF

Is it possible to install a single joystick to operation the fel on a D200 wheel horse with Ark550 loader and if so can ya point me in the right direction?

bc.gold

This one at 90 liters a minute would be excessive for an ARC loader.

s4.png

• Like 1

Achto

DarrellF

That's what I was thinking a single lever 4 way valve

• Like 1

wallfish
49 minutes ago, Achto said:

Here is another choice.

Nice!

Has the

A, B ports: 3/8" BSPP
P, T, N port: 1/2" BSPP

So it needs to be connected with adapter fittings. Do you know what the hydraulics fittings are on a WH valve?

These would be great for my hoe instead of levers. Easy to find BSPP to NPT fittings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

JoeM

Have this one on one of mine works great but pricey. Northern tool. 

Brand Hydraulics Monoblock Loader Valve, Model# PLV22TSTKAB

Ebay has them cheeper. but watch out because you will need fittings to adapt the hoses. some are pretty costly, the fittings that is

I got fittings from this place, I prefer O ring boss over BSPP, less cost. https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Adapters-Fittings/BSPP/

Edited by TractorJunkie
  • Heart 1

DarrellF
15 minutes ago, TractorJunkie said:

Have this one on one of mine works great but pricey. Northern tool. 

Brand Hydraulics Monoblock Loader Valve, Model# PLV22TSTKAB

Ebay has them cheeper. but watch out because you will need fittings to adapt the hoses. some are pretty costly, the fittings that is

I got fittings from this place, I prefer O ring boss over BSPP, less cost. https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Adapters-Fittings/BSPP/

I like that that one and I would prefer O rings as well Ty for the info Ill keep ya up to date.

Pullstart

Tractorhead

I choosed for my selfmade FEL’s the Badestnost Brand.

on my first FEL on the 200 i choosen same brand with big success.

They can be found mostly on (x) bay sometimes for less than 70Bucks.

i choosed my 4 ports in row for 43$

They are high quality built by a cheap price and available in different sizes ( metric and inch) and shapes and functions.

The 4 port block i have mounted give me the ability for several addon‘s, they can be used with the same Hydraulic block.

firstly i also lurking on a Joystick version, but i changed for few reasons.

One advantage was if the hydraulic block is provided with a quick connectors (i know they‘re not the cheapest solution) a quick exchange of additional hydraulic systems or tools can be so done easily without any need for tools in seconds.

FEL with Quickchanger on the front for different Buckets, (already built)

a addon Sicklebar Hedgetrimmer, (already built)

a addon Croc clamp for the bucket, (material is here just must be welded together)

a addon chainsaw (still in plan) with an own hydraulic motor

a addon Hydraulic Snow plow shield (still in testdrive but no much option this year)

a hydraulic lift trailer ( is planed and in pipeline)

all with the same hydraulicblock, can be changed in less than 5 minutes without any tools and be ready to rumble.

a one handed hydraulicblock restricts me for 2 ports and must be extended with additional hardware ( more place and pipes)

Next will be , i will exchange one port with a releasing valve for the Liftarms of the FEL, 

cost is just a simple exchange of one Valveport 80$

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 2

Skipper

Once you have tried joystick control / Single lever, you will newer go back to two levers again.

I would opt. for one with power beyond and 3rd function capability. People having a FEL, tend to start making power attachments too, or well, many do :-)

• Like 3

wallfish
1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Once you have tried joystick control / Single lever, you will newer go back to two levers again.

I would opt. for one with power beyond and 3rd function capability. People having a FEL, tend to start making power attachments too, or well, many do :-)

There's six levers on the hoe I made and yeah, it's a pain in the @@@ when using it until you get used to it. But still don't think I ever have. 2 are for the stabilizers so 2 joysticks would certainly make it much more user friendly. That was my first hydraulic adventure and wish I knew better as the instructions called for dividing 2 sets of 3 spool valves. Definitely need to upgrade that to joysick control.

And @DarrellF Don't forget to look for one with float on one of the spools or if you can add it to the valve. The float feature comes in handy.

• Like 3

DarrellF

Agree on the float and power beyond I had 2 kubota's front loader and 2 stick backhoes

Edited by DarrellF