Sign in to follow this  
Prater

The Almond Step Child...

Prater

I took time off today to help dad with his $100 Workhorse. The steering was loose and he wanted to fix that but after all was said and done he decided to do a thorough cleaning and some new paint.

Before we started

IMG_1506.jpg

During the cleanup

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

And after we were done.

IMG_0239.jpg

At least its easier to get to the steering now...

Anyone have a good color that matched the original almond? He is also wanting to get some new decals if its possible.

TT

Ummmmm........ it's not almond - it's pewter gray. (1982 models were metallic pewter and the '83/'84 models were plain pewter gray)

NAMAspring2008012.jpg84ac4c58.jpg

80337 is the Toro/WH P/N for the OEM 6 pack of pewter gray (non-metallic) aerosol cans but it's obsolete now. You might be able to find some on a dealer's shelf, but I really doubt it.

It's probably best to go visit your local body shop and look through the paint chip books until you find a similar color - or you can always just grab some Krylon or Rustoleum that looks close. :omg:

Prater

Pewter Grey it is, looks almond to me...Maybe I need to visit the eye doc...

Prater

When dad says he is cleaning, he really means it...

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

Gene_S

No matter what the color is... Keeping the Wheel Horse alive is all that matters... Keep up the good work!!! :omg:

Operator

That's nice too see! Treating a "Horse of a different color" to a bath and a new coat of paint!

Keep up the progress pictures.

Randy

Prater

Here are a few updates

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

The poor ole Briggs in the floor...

IMG_1565.jpg

dkopp

Nice work so far... keep the updates coming. I've got a predecessor to the "Almond Step Child" you have, it's a 1979 C-111 with the 11 horse Briggs. Funny you posted yours as a step child, I think the same of mine. Those Briggs powered horses look a little out of sorts with the air cleaner sitting where is does. Anyway, nice work, can't wait to see how she cleans up!

Prater

We progressed a little bit today...

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

Prater

The sheet metal was sand blasted and primed. Should have final paint this weekend if the weather holds out

IMG_1583.jpg

Also sandblasted and painted the rear wheels. Ran out of sandblast material or the fronts would have new paint also. Just waiting on the new dash decal before we install the steering wheel and support.

IMG_1584.jpg

JonW

That is coming out real nice!!

:omg: :drool:

jusjeepn

Looking real good! You gonna straighten that hood and fender pan before you paint it?

Operator

Lookin good! :omg:

Keepin an eye on the finish for the Pewter Color.

Randy

Prater

The dents should be straight this weekend. My Bro-in-law is a body man. Dad is getting ancy about riding around on his new toy. I told him the color, now if he sticks to it or not I dont know.

Prater

Talked to my Bro-In-Law. He has some Infinity Pewter Gray paint that matches pretty close so thats what the spray will be. He may have to do some etching primer on the hood so Sunday may not get the final coat...

Prater

Brother-in-law painted the parts yesterday. Should be ready to install tomorrow. Still have to paint the grill black...and they changed the color last minute to Hummer Metalic Pewter instead.

100_2118.jpg

First coats

100_2119.jpg

Should have the finish pics later tomorrow...

TJ

Looking forward to the pictures. :omg:

Operator

Looking forward to see the finished project!

Randy

Prater

Here is a cell phone pic of the parts. Poor picture but its going together tomorrow if everything works out right. It has a couple coats of pewter and three clear coats. Its not perfect dent wise but it looks pretty good.

IMG_0274.jpg

• Like 1

Brian1045

Looking very, very sharp! :omg:

bk-scouter

If it looks good in the cell phone pic, it must look great in person!! Can't wait to see more :omg:

-BK

CasualObserver

Nice color... looks very sharp!! Looking forward to finished pics.

Sparky

I really like the color :omg: . Looking forward to seeing it in some outside pics to get a real sence of the color.

Mike..........

Prater

Dad sent a couple of pics of his work today. I will be headed to his house tomorrow to help get th hood on and the decals.

000_0029.jpg

000_0031.jpg

Prater

We installed the hood and decals. Not all the dents were removed, but dad will be using this often so the dents were not a big deal to him. The black will be added to the grill soon and the lights still need to be installed. He will be using it a bit and then removing the engine covers and repainting them.

Here it is so far...

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

• Like 1