Sparky

2020 WH Show locked in!

WHX??

You plan on camping right on the grounds Green? if so no need to make a reservation will be plenty of camping spots.

PM sent on the adult beverage thing. 

Greentored

Gotcha, thanks!  I would absolutely be camping on site, so just show up and book and ill be fine?

• Like 1

WHX??

Yup .. just show up and pay the camping fees and pick a spot. It's first come first serve on the spots but there is plenty. They don't take reservations.  Guys that have been going there for years have squatters rights on some choice spots but that's understandable. They do have showers available. Be advised you cannot get in the gate and set up before Thursday 9 AM 6/25/2020. 

Here is a :text-link: for more info ...

https://wheelhorseclub.com/

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

JCM

Considering making plans to attend the BS in June. Would be leaving from 20 miles north of Boston, if anyone has any ideas on the best route your suggestions would be appreciated and also the best time traffic wise for us to leave. I do have one small issue and that is should we drive down in Patti's GMC suv and stay in a Motel or bring the truck and cargo trailer that could be used to camp out of which would mean I would not be bringing any tractors, but the other side of the coin is that I would possibly be bringing one home which I really don't need, or do I. If I found a real nice 85 or 86   417-A  for sale the trailer may have an additional 739 lbs for the ride home. We are considering checking out Gettysburg while we are in the area. A nice C-160 Auto is not out of the question either.     Your thoughts.   Thanks

• Like 1

Sparky

I take I84 all the way across Ct into PA, then 81 south or west. The Newburgh Bridge is a way better way to get to the other side of the Hudson River than the Mario Cuomo/Tappan -Zee bridge. You could grab I84 right off the Mass Pike.

Can’t help ya on what to drive, I always have a trailer, never know what might catch my eye. Or I might win the Saturday raffle tractor :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 3

WHX??

Truck and trailer Jim...

but if you bring your wife's car we know these guys that can take a tractor apart and this other guy who knows how to load parts..... :lol:

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

Or I will let WHX win the Saturday raffle tractor :handgestures-thumbupright:

:laughing-rolling:

• Haha 5

953 nut
4 hours ago, JCM said:

should we drive down in Patti's GMC suv

If you have a roof rack I'm sure @pullstart will give you some loading tips.              :text-lol:

CA1E5A1D-6317-4DCC-958B-82EE015259C0.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

JCM

Gotta love that smile on Kev for sure, that is some severe enthusiasm, I miss those days.

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

That’s this guy!  No matter what you bring or where you stay, it’ll be a great time!  If you need loading advice, I’ll lend you my thoughts and my 9’ ramps for a bit too!

63A623B7-470B-4BC8-8468-046582348BE4.jpeg

6D99CC06-57C6-48C0-9A5A-4CEDB7BEBF35.jpeg

8B877A6A-3364-436E-814C-5E068C232350.jpeg

BCEEA3E8-E0A8-445B-98DB-89F1D2868DD6.jpeg

• Like 2

857 horse
On 2/19/2020 at 1:54 PM, Greentored said:

Alright fellas, Im ready to book a campsite, but before I do, there is a very serious question I must ask:

What if there happened to be cold beverages in my cooler, of the hops and barley variety? Is this allowed? Is it frowned upon?

Do I need it? No. Do I enjoy a couple while camping? Absolutely:lol:

:text-yeahthat:       I DONT DRINK BUT WHEN I DO,,,ITS WITH FRIENDS/////......AND YES,,,,,,A KOOZIE IS SOMTHING THAT KEEPS OUR FAVORITE DRINKS  COOLER LONGER,,,,,

• Haha 2

Greentored

I am very fortunate to own my own business, therefore can usually take time off at a moments notice. This is definitely happening!

Aside from emptying my wallet and filling my truck with WH stuff:lol: are there any tractor related activities, like trail rides, pulling, etc....?

WHX??

There are a few... drooling on other tractors comes to mind first. There is a teeter tooter, parades,  Friday night ride around the infield, making new acquaintances, catching up with old ones, giving Dells a hard time! :lol: Also lots of guys doing some wrenching. Tune ups, minor fixes, putting on parts they found at the flea market & maintenance, helping other guys sort out problems...stuff like that.  

"Fraid not much in the way of pulling, plowing & trail rides. Since it's a public place we can't disturb the soil too much as the WHCC has to fix any turf that gets turned. Also you can't ride out of the grounds. We are going to try and do some chain piling if we can find a safe place to do it. Bring the equipment John @wallfish just in case.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

wallfish
7 hours ago, WHX24 said:

We are going to try and do some chain piling if we can find a safe place to do it. Bring the equipment John @wallfish just in case.... 

Definitely!  We can set up on the back road if necessary but I can bring some safety cones and some caution tape, I'll ask if we can do it on the infield. Maybe it'll get more people involved if they see what's going on.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

WHX??

Thanks 'Fish... even if we don't do competition it's an excellent way to teach yougun's on how to handle a tractor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Do as I say not as I do! :lol:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

dells68
On 2/26/2020 at 9:32 AM, WHX24 said:

Friday night ride around the infield, making new acquaintances, catching up with old ones, giving Dells a hard time! :lol:

Bring it on Jimbo!  Hate to admit it, but I missed seeing your sorry hide at the show last year!  Besides you still owe us an ice cream brother!  Look forward to seeing all you goofballs!

• Like 1

WHX??

Sorry Dells that was a typo... I meant Squonkl! :laughing-rolling: Your OK I don't care what the other fellas are saying about you! :lol:

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 1

dells68

That’s what makes this hobby the best @WHX24, all of the people and the crap we give each other!  No other group of misfits, er people I’d rather hang out with!!:ROTF:

Who knows, might even let you go for a ride in the tub o’ death if it’s finished in time!

Edited by dells68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
On 2/26/2020 at 9:25 PM, Shynon said:

:ROTF:

medium.Capture_JPG_0eead9a5ce89c3d570b4e66e2cf6ca4c.jpg.0605f943e7c14afb08d90959462d72c1.jpg.5da281f8c4d4bf3461f0fe03461c168.jpg

“Caption this?”

“Dangit Jim, where’d you stash my grease gun?” - @Achto

• Haha 4

Achto
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

“Dangit Jim, where’d you stash my grease gun?”

:confusion-confused: Done tore that tractor down to nottin'. Still haven't found it. Sure hope Jim can figure out how to put the tractor back together again.:ROTF:

Edited by Achto
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
19 minutes ago, Achto said:

:confusion-confused: Done tore that tractor down to nottin'. Still haven't found it. Sure hope Jim can figure out how to put the tractor back together again.:ROTF:

Is that Miss Cindy’s metal flake project tractor?  Didn’t know that...

Achto
8 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Is that Miss Cindy’s metal flake project tractor?  

Sorry, can't confirm or deny this question. :whistle:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

WHX??
31 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Is that Miss Cindy’s metal flake project tractor?  Didn’t know that...

20 minutes ago, Achto said:

Sorry, can't confirm or deny this question. :whistle:

Ahhh :text-nocomment:

• Confused 1

Shynon
12 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Ahhh :text-nocomment:

He's still trying to figure out how to put it together:ROTF:You'all seen the Mafia tear them apart, ever seen them put one together :hide:

• Haha 4