Sparky

2020 WH Show locked in!

WHX??
14 hours ago, squonk said:

You may need extra help getting that dipstick out of the van! :lol: :occasion-xmas:

I got this one 'fish... I got it I got it .....

14 hours ago, squonk said:

Going to be touch @ go if I can make it this year.

We were kinda hoping you weren't but then again we do .....bring a tractor...... Mafia  could use some practice on field stripping ...:laughing-rolling:

• Haha 5

wallfish
4 hours ago, squonk said:

The one marked "A quart low! " :banana-dance:

Hmmm, I'm still confused as to which one so I guess I do need help.

• Haha 2

WHX??
46 minutes ago, wallfish said:

so I guess I do need help.

Yah well we figured that... No more Sparkeye.... I'm jonesing... :lol:

Just a reminder John bring a tub Skunks tractor will fit in and stuff for chain piling :)

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 1

Greentored
16 hours ago, wallfish said:

.....Some great people and you will certainly notice all of the camaraderie right away. Talk to anyone there and you risk becoming friends.....

I can see this just by reading threads on this site!  Sounds an awful lot like the Coleman lantern collectors I am quite heavily involved with, and that alone is half the reason I became heavily involved. We say "it starts about lanterns and ends about friends." Theres actually a big annual collectors event in Gettysburg two weeks after the big show. This COULD pose an issue, but then again it wouldnt be the first time I made a 16 hour round trip weekend "hell run".

Was going through some pics and youtube videos last night, looks like a huge show. Was also happy to see plenty of 'black mask' horses there, so the ol 520 wouldnt be a turd in the punch bowl. Also noticed a LOT of stuff for sale. I better start scrounging the couch cushions now in preparation :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

Last year since I only live about an hour and half away I just came down with the tractors for the day on Friday.........that was dumb and my wife let me know it too  :handgestures-thumbdown:. So this year I'm trying a new hotel in Gettysburg right beside the National Cemetery and The Pike restaurant who has a great wing night on Thursday night! Looking forward to June! 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Tractorhead

I‘m in.

Flight is booked, the rest we will see.

Ah, oh huh -  must there be anything planed ahead except some time for shaking hands? 😎😂

oooops.. 😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Tractorhead All you have to do is show up and we will show you a fun time .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

But before Shower.. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

wallfish
8 hours ago, Greentored said:

Was also happy to see plenty of 'black mask' horses there, so the ol 520 wouldnt be a turd in the punch bowl.

Trust me, if it's a WH tractor, it's good. Sure, there are plenty of beautiful trailer queens on display and done by some real craftsman, but the majority there will be workers from the ugly rust buckets to the 520s. There's never any official judging of any tractors which the WHCC specifically doesn't do so everyone can feel comfortable bringing ANY WH tractor, it's great idea. Definitely bring something to ride if you can because the more the merrier but even if you can't, I guarantee without a doubt, someone will loan a tractor if you want to ride. My father always has 3 or 4 and he can't ride'm all at once! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

rjg854
On 1/28/2020 at 5:00 AM, squonk said:

Going to be touch @ go if I can make it this year.

We need to talk 

Edited by rjg854
info
  • Heart 1

Greentored
20 hours ago, wallfish said:

Trust me, if it's a WH tractor, it's good. Sure, there are plenty of beautiful trailer queens on display and done by some real craftsman, but the majority there will be workers from the ugly rust buckets to the 520s. There's never any official judging of any tractors which the WHCC specifically doesn't do so everyone can feel comfortable bringing ANY WH tractor, it's great idea. Definitely bring something to ride if you can because the more the merrier but even if you can't, I guarantee without a doubt, someone will loan a tractor if you want to ride. My father always has 3 or 4 and he can't ride'm all at once! 

Couldnt agree more. We all come from different tastes, abilities, free time and wallet size, including the judges.

As far as bringing something to ride, I wouldnt attend without one haha. The ol 520 I just partially restored/custom'd has been put back to work, but it'd certainly turn some heads, and all she needs to be ready would be a good bath.

The real gem id like to have ready will be picked up hopefully this weekend- a 654 with a lot of patina, and no engine. That will be a pulley swapped play toy, and I have a few powerplants sitting around, just gotta decide which one its gonna get.

Will quit here or my 'squirrel' A.D.D. will take this thread right off topic haha.

Really hope to make this show!!

Edited by Greentored
  • Like 3

WHX??

Let us  know you can make it Green... gotta couple of vintage Colemans for ya... well maybe not vintage vintage but old enough! :)

Don't be afraid to take things off topic on BS threads.... no not Big Show... the other kind of bs.... threads like this. Now if a fella has a got a sick horse and there's a blizzard coming or grass up to his knees different story! :lol:

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Greentored
10 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Let us  know you can make it Green... gotta couple of vintage Colemans for ya... well maybe not vintage vintage but old enough! :)

Don't be afraid to take things off topic on BS threads.... no not Big Show... the other kind of bs.... threads like this. Now if a fella has a got a sick horse and there's a blizzard coming or grass up to his knees different story! :lol:

Man thatd be great, Id love to see em! Definitely would bring some along for the ride, that actually might go over pretty well- they seem to bring back a lot of memories when folks see them.

PS- this pic is from about a year ago, at the time this was about half the collection. I have since downsized but still have 100 or so, most in running order. I buy enough camp fuel to be on the federal watch list, no doubt:D

This is also what my girlfriend fears with this new Wheel Horse addiction hahaha.......

lant2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Sparky
20 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Don't be afraid to take things off topic on BS threads.... no not Big Show... the other kind of bs.... threads like this.

Jim!

Did you just call my thread a BS thread :eek: ?

Oh that’s not cool...I’ll be submitting the proper forms to Karl to deal with this.

D9080DD5-3D00-49F5-A53F-0708002F5557.png

• Haha 9

WHX??
11 hours ago, Greentored said:

at the time this was about half the collection.

I like the RED ones! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Greentored
17 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I like the RED ones! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Perhaps it's time for a custom WH lantern? :D

• Excellent 1

Shynon

Got mine locked in 

20190710_060111.jpg

• Like 8

WHX??

Maybe we should hook up somewhere in IL Tom with other guys from the Midwest... get us a CONVOY goin! :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

Shynon
7 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Maybe we should hook up somewhere in IL Tom with other guys from the Midwest... get us a CONVOY goin! 

We're leaving Sunday morning, gonna spend a few days seeing the sights, maybe find a stray horse or two. 

• Like 2

stevebo

Bring that stray 754 ....😳

• Haha 2

WHX??

You gonna leave that early Tom maybe best you throw a plow on and we get some dirt time !?!?! :lol:

• Excellent 1

stevebo
13 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Maybe we should hook up somewhere in IL Tom with other guys from the Midwest... get us a CONVOY goin! :laughing-rolling:

The CT boys usually have a convoy .....

• Like 1

Sparky
7 hours ago, stevebo said:

The CT boys usually have a convoy .....

You guys leave way to early for me. One of these days....

857 horse

JUST BOOKED A ROOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   DAYUMMMM......BE THERE WEDNESDAY AROUND LUNCH ....GIVE OR TAKE A POTTIE BREAK  :music-rockout::music-rockon:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Greentored

Alright fellas, Im ready to book a campsite, but before I do, there is a very serious question I must ask:

What if there happened to be cold beverages in my cooler, of the hops and barley variety? Is this allowed? Is it frowned upon?

Do I need it? No. Do I enjoy a couple while camping? Absolutely:lol:

• Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1