Alex175

Shed Building made easier by WH.

Achto
3 hours ago, Alex175 said:

1266711746_1Before.jpg.2b5d9b0e988b0c1faf750ac80821d147.jpg

Nice work:handgestures-thumbupright:. BTW that is one serious trailer!! I LIKE IT! Looks like it came handy many times on this build.

• Like 5

WHX??

Like that old stone wall in a couple of the pics! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Nice work and great documentation.          Hoping not to offend you after such a nice job, but if I may,  I would suggest you stack your wood from back to front instead of side to side.   

It will allow you to access the drier wood first and not bury the drier wood as you add green wood.   The wood should be dried 2-4 years before using. 

Good luck and keep the chimney clean.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alex175
14 hours ago, Achto said:

BTW that is one serious trailer!!

The trailer is a tank.  I ran across it a few years ago for sale on Facebook Marketplace at a consignment shop for $200, needless to say I picked it up that day.  The next thing I want to do is hook it up for hydraulic dump, it came from the factory with the mounts for a piston, just need to figure out how I'd operate it.  I've had a few ideas but I've run across different problems with every new idea.

• Like 1

Alex175
14 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Like that old stone wall in a couple of the pics! :handgestures-thumbupright:

That's part of the beauty of New England, there are beautiful stone walls everywhere, just walking through the woods you can come across them as it was once all pasture around here.  This stonewall is not a boundary marker or anything like those, strictly decoration, but it does add a nice flair to the yard.  I cleaned up all around it last year so I can actually enjoy it, it had been all overgrown.

• Like 2

WHX??
14 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

bury the drier wood as you add green wood.

That's why a guy needs two of them … one for green and one for seasoned! I have a couple of them at the cabin made from repurposed pallets for the sides but the floor is treated. The pallets don't last long on the ground. These were huge 8x8 oak pallets they shipped coils of underground gas pipe on and the pipe crews were happy I hauled them off!  Sorry no pics.. :hide:

• Like 1

Achto
4 hours ago, Alex175 said:

The next thing I want to do is hook it up for hydraulic dump,

Hydraulic dump would bump that trailer up to dang near perfect.

When you get the hydraulics working, make sure that you take some pictures to share with us please.

Edited by Achto

Stormin

I really like that wood store. :handgestures-thumbup: No need to say it's given me ideas. I need to reorganise my wood storage. :chores-chopwood:

• Like 2