Oldskool

102_0607.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool

102_0608.JPG

• Like 1

Oldskool

All the welds are ground down and body filler applied. More sanding and sanding. Having an issue with the wheel stud bolts. The head goes to far into the hole in the rim. Going to go at it a different way. I ordered some that have a 7/8" head with a 9/16" thread. Going to turn the 9/16 to 7/16 and re-thread.

• Like 1

Achto
25 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

102_0608.JPG

Just wondering, it looks like you used lacquer based air dry filler?? If this is what you used please be ware that this filler will shrink over time letting imperfections show again. This will even happen after it is painted. A two part filler like Bondo that you have to mix together will not shrink. Just wanted to give you a heads up. 

• Like 1

Oldskool
2 minutes ago, Achto said:

Just wondering, it looks like you used lacquer based air dry filler?? If this is what you used please be ware that this filler will shrink over time letting imperfections show again. This will even happen after it is painted. A two part filler like Bondo that you have to mix together will not shrink. Just wanted to give you a heads up. 

You are absolutely correct. Actually this is a skim coat over Miro-Lite body filler to fill in pin holes and dig marks and etc.

• Excellent 1

Oldskool
16 hours ago, Oldskool said:

Having an issue with the wheel stud bolts. The head goes to far into the hole in the rim. Going to go at it a different way. I ordered some that have a 7/8" head with a 9/16" thread. Going to turn the 9/16 to 7/16 and re-thread.

Well that plan has taken a turn. The parts didn't come in today. I won't have them till Tuesday. :(:(. Been trying to come up with a work around to have it done this weekend but nothing is coming to mind. UGH.!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oldskool

SOOooo this isss NOT my day. Just dropped the hood, landed on the corner of a cement block. Just stripped the whole thing and now back to dent repair.

• Sad 3

ebinmaine

:bitch::bitch::bitch:

Oldskool

Well made it back to were I was and made a little ground

102_0609.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

wildman

Sure will be purty when your done

• Thanks 1

Oldskool

Made some progress today. The seat has been dropped off at a buddies house, who happens to be clear coating some small parts. I was thinking it would be better for wear and tear. The hood is coming along nicely, but I don't have enough paint to finish. So this is where I am stopping today

102_0611.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Oldskool

Can you believe it.! My local Napa is out of the red paint The closest place for them is North Carolina and won't have it for a week and I have to pay shipping too. All the other local stores have it in a different brand. Not sure if I want to take the chance of it being a different shade at this point. So close to being done and the hits keep coming.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Can you believe it.! My local Napa is out of the red paint The closest place for them is North Carolina and won't have it for a week and I have to pay shipping too. All the other local stores have it in a different brand. Not sure if I want to take the chance of it being a different shade at this point. So close to being done and the hits keep coming.

Having spent a number of years in the parts industry I don't normally believe when a modern "parts tech" gives me info.

You may want to search your part number online and also call the Westbrook location (NAPA Distribution hub).

Bugs me something awful when I get told "no" by a parts person.

Oldskool
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Bugs me something awful when I get told "no" by a parts person.

Oh I hear ya completely. After venting a bit I think I found some at O'Rielly. We will see in the morning. It's just a 45mile drive for 2 cans of paint thats all

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oldskool

I don't know what I'm gonna do with these yet but they will be coming home with me. 4.00-18 with a 1'bore

WHEEL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Stormin
10 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

I don't know what I'm gonna do with these yet but they will be coming home with me. 4.00-18 with a 1'bore

WHEEL.jpg

I like those. Look great on a retro 1920s - 30s wooden cart/trailer. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

Oldskool
9 minutes ago, Stormin said:

I like those. Look great on a retro 1920s - 30s wooden cart/trailer. :handgestures-thumbup:

Thats what I was thinking, or make one that looked like a manure spreader?

• Like 1

Darb1964

I like them, you'd have to pry them out of my cold dead hands if they were mine.

• Like 2

Oldskool
10 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

I like them, you'd have to pry them out of my cold dead hands if they were mine.

I agree 100%. I'm getting them on a trade. They were just sitting there waiting for someone to take them home

• Like 2

Oldskool

A little update on the wheel stud bolts. You can see the original bolt in this pic. It sits to low in the hole

102_0612.JPG

Oldskool

Here is the fix for that.  I have gone from 7/16 bolt with a 5/8 head to a 9/16 bolt turned down to 7/16 with a 7/8 head. A much better fit.

102_0617.JPG

• Like 1

Oldskool

102_0613.JPG

• Excellent 1

Oldskool

and the hood is now red

102_0616.JPG

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Lookin' good!!