JCM

Muscle Cars & Hot rods

Pullstart

Just saw this sleeper in a neighboring town.  Wide tires out back and skinnies up front?  Yeah buddy it’s race time!

C7D3CABE-74AE-4086-80BB-DCDE4E198D59.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Tooomuch7
On 8/22/2020 at 5:59 PM, pullstart said:

if I haven’t yet, :text-welcomeconfetti:  you’ve got some sweet classics right there!

Thankyou. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

A picture of the barn at my FIL’s place...  @Greentored I figured you’d like to see this!

F526F95F-15CE-44D8-B36A-295D722DB5E1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 5

ebinmaine

And straight 6's....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
37 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

And straight 6's....

The blue/silver one on the far left is set up for a V8.  We can run a small displacement engine in the class, and we have a nice running 305 in Mrs P’s S10 that might get borrowed for it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

That S10 needs a nice little 383. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That S10 needs a nice little 383. 

That S10 can cause plenty of trouble with a 305!  Me thinks 5.3 might be in it’s future.

• Like 3

ZXT
18 minutes ago, pullstart said:

That S10 can cause plenty of trouble with a 305!  Me thinks 5.3 might be in it’s future.

The 5.3 could easily cause more trouble than a 383.. It's amazing what they can get out of them with nothing more than a cam and a tune.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

7 hours ago, pullstart said:

Methinks that would be allowable. 

7 hours ago, ZXT said:

The 5.3 could easily cause more trouble than a 383.. It's amazing what they can get out of them with nothing more than a cam and a tune.

Agreed. 1 hp per cubic inch at the snap of a finger. 

Greentored

Love me some hopped up inline 6s!  My old coupe has surprised its share of V8s thats for sure.

coupe2.jpg

coupe1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart 4

Greentored

Kinda keep forgetting about this thread, as I'm usually in tractor mode when visiting here haha. BUT, since you all like a good story, and this is a hotrod thread, here's one for ya:

Bought this 66 cutlass when I was 17 and spent 4 years building it. This month celebrates 28 years and close to 40,000 miles with her. Nothing has changed except a couple decals and the engine.

Used to run a 396 Chevy (couldnt afford to build an Olds back then) with a shot of nitrous on it. It'd go 11.9s @118 in the quarter on plain old street tires, mid 12s @108 on the engine. 

Fast forward 15 years- dad buys a 67 4-4-2, has an injected, aluminum headed 462 inch Olds roller built, backs it with a richmond 5 speed, and tells everyone hes got more toys than me AND the fastest one- and motor for motor, it was. At this time, I owned and ran a speed shop for a living and was sick of him talking smack ha,  so the 396 got yanked and sold, and I built a pump gas 496 Chevy with all forged internals, zero gap rings, lumpy solid lifter cam, a 2,000.00 set of aluminum heads with 3 months of port/valve work and flow bench time and all the other associated goodies- I even put splayed main caps on the block. It made 638hp/590ft-lb with an out of the box intake, which was soon changed to a reworked Victor Jr. She sings to 7200 on a regular basis and has racked up over 10,000 street miles, drag strip passes galore, road trips, and numerous ice cream and petting zoo runs with the girlfriend and kids. TH400, 3800 stall converter, 3.73s and a factory style Posi, trick springs and drag shocks up front, and lift bars in the back. Im banned from running the quarter due to a lap belt and no roll cage, but on 10" slicks she runs 6.6-6.7 seconds at 103mph in the 1/8, which calculates out to mid 10s at 127-128 in the quarter. 

Best of all, when I took the old man for a ride and asked if he wanted to line em up now, he said "oh HELLLLL no! I've NEVER ridden in something that put me back in the seat that hard!" :lol:

Hope you all enjoyed this little snippet- a long winded story, but 28 years with the same toy can make for plenty of stories. Glad the ol girl cant talk, some of them aren't good......

Here's a little post weekend cruise burnout from this past spring:

• Excellent 4
  • Heart 4

Pullstart
44 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Glad the ol girl cant talk, some of them aren't good......

she’s got a beautiful voice Scott!

C94135FC-A0AE-468B-8FE0-4597BC601EB5.jpeg

• Like 5

Greentored

@pullstart  Thanks buddy!  3.5" all the way, dumped at the axle, Dynomax ultra flow straight through's. Aint no sneaking around or driving her home and leaving for work at 5am, tell ya that :lol:

• Haha 3
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

she’s got a beautiful voice Scott!

C94135FC-A0AE-468B-8FE0-4597BC601EB5.jpeg

Man. Oh man.

Sounds like those cam lobes wrap almost all the way around!

• Like 2

Greentored
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Man. Oh man.

Sounds like those cam lobes wrap almost all the way around!

Haha pretty close! Next time she's out ill take an idle clip for ya- it does beat the ground pretty good.

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Haha pretty close! Next time she's out ill take an idle clip for ya- it does beat the ground pretty good.

One of my favorite songs!!

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Again nailed, there‘s nothing that Beats the Sound on a V8 in idle.

love that sound more than any Music.

Thanks Scott for Sharing that Vid.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

JCM

Been looking for this picture for over a year now and found it a few days ago when I was cleaning the garage a bit. This is a 1967 Chevelle SS with a 427 aluminum head Big Block, 4 speed, 4.88 posi rear, ladder bars and the list goes on with a lacquer paint job. This belongs to a longtime friend who is no longer with us but the car is still around sitting somewhere. He built this to run it on Sundays at New England Dragway but never did race it . On page one of this thread he is the one standing to the right of the engine hoist with the yellow t shirt helping out with the install of the 396 in my 70 SS. This is the only pic I have of it and it measures 30''x20'' so at least I feel like I am still standing next to it. Enjoy

IMG_0229.JPG

• Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
59 minutes ago, JCM said:

1967 Chevelle SS with a 427 aluminum head Big Block, 4 speed, 4.88 posi rear, ladder bars and the list goes on

I'd bet that would move along fairly well?

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
13 hours ago, JCM said:

Been looking for this picture for over a year now...1967 Chevelle SS with a 427 aluminum head Big Block, 4 speed, 4.88 posi rear, ladder bars and the list goes on with a lacquer paint job....

IMG_0229.JPG

What an iconic piece of American automotive history and built up with the right pieces to make it a terror at the drag track or the stoplight!  It would be really interesting to see who actually owns that car now and if it has the same drivetrain.  Thanks for sharing it with us...👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JCM

@PeacemakerJack    When my friend passed his stepson ended up with it. Has not been registered for many years and I recently found that the house and garage where it was stored has been sold. I believe that motor has only a few thousand miles on it if that. I have been in it and yes those front tires will come off the ground.   :woohoo:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Greentored
On 9/1/2020 at 12:57 PM, ebinmaine said:

One of my favorite songs!!

Here ya go buddy! 

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Here ya go buddy! 

IMG_0979.MOV

Absolutely awesome!

You don't happen to know your lobe separation angle?

ebinmaine
29 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Here ya go buddy! 

IMG_0979.MOV

Hey do you have that on YouTube ? I want to show it to Trina