• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Very nice! 

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:bow-blue:

• Like 1

WHX??

Nice ... be carefull in advertising your lathe skills tho... next thing you know you got fellow members knocking on your door for new hitch pins. That's not so bad but then they want to hang out, shoot the breeze and before you know it your adult beverages are gone! 

Nowhere near as nice as yours but made this one at the ripe old age of 17 in high school machine shop in 1977.... required project where we had to use the foundry, the trunnions are cast AL,  and the machine option of our choice. I opted for the lathe and made the barrel out of brass stock. Got an A for the consistent  taper on the barrel.

It was supposed to be able to shoot firecrackers  at the neighbors cats and was always going to finnish off with a carriage but the school had enough of my other antics and said I was gradgeated.  :lol:

20200115_185836.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Oldskool

@WHX24   I like your cannon as well. Any member that I can help out feel free to ask. Making a pin or what ever. I get bored at times so you never know what I will whip up. I have made a few cannons just screwing around. The last one I was working on fires a 20ga shotgun shell. The barrel separates and has a spring loaded firing pin.

102_0507.JPG

102_0508.JPG

102_0509.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool

Sorry for the picture quality. This one was made from an old Argon tank with an old trailer ball welded on the end and an old hydraulic cylinder for the bore. It's nonfunctional

can.jpg

can1.jpg

can2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

The Tuul Crib

Wow that would definitely scare the neighbors away!! I'm just saying... :ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Heart 1