wallfish

Snow blower for your truck

wallfish

Tony @Docwheelhorse did a thread and showed some pics of a set up like this but couldn't find it to add this one. Just happened to come across it on the net while searching for something else but thought it was interesting enough to share. It's for sale by the way on South Jersey CL so have at it.

00K0K_fE7rCZ3tX6w_600x450.jpg.8d11776ae7173aaf593f299d469322a3.jpg

00g0g_eojpaC3Y0v7_600x450.jpg.8d0e757d05aaaa8a8e6bb2f37368531e.jpg

• Like 6
  • Heart 1

Sparky

Redneck ingenuity right there!

I bet the snow discharge chute on the left in that pic covers that vertical motor in snow ❄️ 

ebinmaine

I remember the thread...

Up here around the lakes region there is a person who has a larger one they use for contract work clearing narrow camp roads.

Pullstart

Bed or in a blazer’s case hitch/roof mounted engine, hydraulic motor driven!  It would be so sweet!  

WHX??

Odd there was never one made commercially for a truck by Western or Hiniker etc...  Or is there? 

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Odd there was never one made commercially for a truck by Western or Hiniker etc...  Or is there? 

I haven't the foggiest of the name brand that I've seen up here but it was definitely commercial. 102 in wide. Probably 30 in tall.

Single shoot that's probably four or five feet tall. I think it had like a 13 or 15 horse motor.

I don't remember ever talking to the person directly but others had mentioned that he was contracted by private camp Road owners where they were single-lane roads and not much place to put the snow banks that a plow would produce.

• Like 1

c-series don

I remember seeing this a number of years ago, and thought it was pretty cool. It’s up around Eric’s way. I’ve been in the commercial snowplowing business for 30+ and I have to admit there’s been several times when I thought “man I wish I had a snowblower on the front of my truck!!” 

41B6F987-C76C-4878-9712-B2808D54F36F.png

• Like 2

Docwheelhorse

Hmmmm, gotta find a pair of Bervacs and learn how to weld!

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Docwheelhorse said:

learn how to weld!

For what??

Don't you have gorilla tape laying around?

:lol:

Pullstart
16 hours ago, c-series don said:

I remember seeing this a number of years ago, and thought it was pretty cool. It’s up around Eric’s way. I’ve been in the commercial snowplowing business for 30+ and I have to admit there’s been several times when I thought “man I wish I had a snowblower on the front of my truck!!” 

41B6F987-C76C-4878-9712-B2808D54F36F.png

I admit I have thought of snowblowers at times, but I imagine the crawl speed would be painful when you’re used to 20-ish mph speeds in parking lots!

• Like 2

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I admit I have thought of snowblowers at times, but I imagine the crawl speed would be painful when you’re used to 20-ish mph speeds in parking lots!

Certainly is a very different animal from a regular plow.

I would imagine that if a customer had a specific need for something like that it would be reflected in your fees.

• Like 1