bottjernat1

1969 Commando V8

bottjernat1

Does anybody know where I can get part number 8074 for my wifes 69 commando v8 The front rubber bushing is shot. It is the pivot mount for the front axle! Check out my Youtube Channel to See What Im talking about I just uploaded 4 videos. There are a few other things im working on to. My wife's grandpa had one when she was a little girl and so she bought this one from my late dad many years ago. It ran till like 2014 then one day it just had no spark. It has been a nightmare to repair. LOL Any help or advise i will be thankful for. My friend joe papke is going to attempt to get the motor running for me.

gwest_ca

No replies yet and I don't have an answer.

I believe the front tractor frame assembly is made of cast iron.

Would the axle accept a steel or brass bushing? I am thinking you will need to make up a replacement.

Is the hole in the axle machined and what diameter?

Grabbed a couple of pics so members know what you are dealing with.

Garry

Commando V8 cast front frame.jpg

Commando V8 axle pivot.jpg

i have a front axle from a 68-69 V7....would this be the same?  looks  to me they are. the axle pivot is good. it is with spindles.  it's yours if you find a way to get it there

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

bottjernat1
On 1/14/2020 at 12:08 PM, 305 said:

i have a front axle from a 68-69 V7....would this be the same?  looks  to me they are. the axle pivot is good. it is with spindles.  it's yours if you find a way to get it there

I need the rubber bushing part of it the metal pivot pin i will call it is in great shape the rubber inside is shot. I hear you can use a mazda part of some sort does anybody know if this is true and what part it might be?

IMG_20200111_162759787.jpg