Oldskool

Newb to the group

Oldskool

I have a snow/dozer blade but apparently I am missing the pedal and linkage/s circled in this pic. Any info and close up pics would help. Thanks

Screenshot_2019-06-16-11-27-33.png.8c04ba547723ee18d35e126c87fea43c.png.4d8e593e46334ce22f989bd5bdaa330a.png

wallfish

The blade that pedal is for is a Suburban Blade, so you'll need the special RJ adapter bracket which connects it to the tractor if you don't already have it. It's a factory bracket made for adapting the blade to the RJ and it hangs under the frame.

The only thing that pedal does is pull on a chain to release a pin so the blade can index left and right. A small rope is used to pull the blade left and right. It's old skool technology for sure.  I have posted measurements for that pedal before, can't remember if I still have one or not. The blade pictured earlier in this thread is the RJ blade and doesn't use that pedal.

Oldskool

@wallfish My blade looks like this one with the same 2 plate mounts to the frame but thats all I have. What makes it go up and down?

5.jpg

wallfish

That's the correct RJ blade. A solid link with 2 holes, it's connected to the lift with bolts. Post a pic of the blade and it's frame

5.jpg.62e971c10e35052c740b78d2602fc8bf.jpg.b0d295f35b09639def34fdcec60ac56f.jpg

• Like 1

Oldskool

@wallfish I will get some pics of it tomorrow. Also I was wondering about a mowing deck. What year range would be correct?  I found one that may be right but not sure and I don't have a pic of that either. One of the 90degree drives looks like a 2" pipe fitting. Sound rite?

wallfish

The one you pictured above about the pedal is correct. An RJ deck will have the deck engagement pedal right on the deck and have no wheels. You can see that on the lower left of the deck shell in the pic above. Pic also shows the correct belt guard for the deck.

If you're after attachments, look for a CBR-32 Sickle bar, those are a cool attachment.

You should go down to the big WH show in PA this coming June. You can find any and everything you want plus the stuff you didn't know you needed until you see it. Great show, great people, great time, guaranteed

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 1

Oldskool

OK  the one i found isn't the right kind of deck then. Ya I like the Sickle bar myself too I will keep my eyes open for one. Would love to go to a show but June is in my busy season. Thanks for the info

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

go to a show

July at Owls Head Transportation Museum.

Annual Truck And Tractor Show.

• Like 2

Oldskool

That one I could do. It's been years since I have been there.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I'll keep you posted as to what's cooking but I'm pretty sure it's July 19 and 20 this year.

I have family and friends that goes there. This will be the fifth year I think.

Trina and I each bring a tractor.

It would be awesome to get the Maine contingent there.

You and I.  @Stepney. @AHS. @JCM

And whoever...

• Like 3

Oldskool

Sounds like fun. The last time I was there was for a Street Rod show. If the turn out is anywhere near the same there ought to be alot.

ebinmaine
25 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Sounds like fun. The last time I was there was for a Street Rod show. If the turn out is anywhere near the same there ought to be alot.

They attract semi trucks from all over New England and beyond.

This year's theme is going to be military vehicles. That obviously has a unique draw by itself but everything else is more than welcome.

Fantastic show.

They are trying to draw more farm and garden tractors in.

I would bring more if I had a way to haul them. I can only move two at a time.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
40 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I would bring more if I had a way to haul them. I can only move two at a time.

@pullstart   Ya wanna show Eric how to move horses Kevin?

• Haha 4

Pullstart
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

@pullstart   Ya wanna show Eric how to move horses Kevin?

How many bumper pulls in a row are allowed in ME?  I recall seeing some iffy loads in MN or WI popping up on here last summer?

Maybe BBT needs to build EB’s car into a pickup... then I’ll be all over load tech tips!

• Haha 1

bottjernat1
14 hours ago, wallfish said:

That's the correct RJ blade. A solid link with 2 holes, it's connected to the lift with bolts. Post a pic of the blade and it's frame

5.jpg.62e971c10e35052c740b78d2602fc8bf.jpg.b0d295f35b09639def34fdcec60ac56f.jpg

Here is my rj58 if this helps it has the factory blade setup except the adjustable height someone added. i was going to put it back to original but this kinda comes in handy!

FB_IMG_1545610971440.jpg

Edited by bottjernat1
  • Like 1

Stepney

I'm trying to save some extra off work time for shows, so maybe I could go .. I'll have that 2 place sled trailer and the truck so I could probably manage 3 WH's and the Maytag/a few engines..

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Stepney said:

I'm trying to save some extra off work time for shows, so maybe I could go .. I'll have that 2 place sled trailer and the truck so I could probably manage 3 WH's and the Maytag/a few engines..

I think I've mentioned to you and I know I've told Jim, jcm. We go up and camp nearby for a couple nights. Anybody who wants to go would be welcome and we have a ton of gear so you really would not need to bring anything but you.

wallfish
6 hours ago, bottjernat1 said:

Here is my rj58 if this helps it has the factory blade setup except the adjustable height someone added. i was going to put it back to original but this kinda comes in handy!

Some of those were added on by dealers in late 59 when they came out on the 1960 models. Not sure if any were done from the factory but they could have.

• Like 1

AHS
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I'll keep you posted as to what's cooking but I'm pretty sure it's July 19 and 20 this year.

I have family and friends that goes there. This will be the fifth year I think.

Trina and I each bring a tractor.

It would be awesome to get the Maine contingent there.

You and I.  @Stepney. @AHS. @JCM

And whoever...

Ya! Cool! 

ebinmaine

It's the 18th and 19th of July.

• Like 1

Oldskool

I am having sediment bowl issues on the RJ. I can't seem to come up with parts to rebuild mine or a correct replacement. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Oldskool

The sediment bowl showed up. So maybe the RJ will be a little more trouble free

102_0598.JPG

• Like 2

Oldskool

In a day as good as this, horses have gotta run. 

20200315_111720.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3