Pullstart

My next custom Wheel Horse

Pullstart

It was about May when I started dreaming this project up.  We saw this nice JD 140 at the Portage, WI show.  The young man was nice enough to show me the box action.  I think hydraulic dump would be the cat’s meow!

C1E1A1C3-CAE4-4703-B0E3-F3B8483167A8.jpeg

91F8A111-B08C-466F-9408-06C44D8FD52B.jpeg

63A0F04A-609A-4FFE-900F-F680B5A253C9.jpeg

• Like 9

The Tuul Crib

Ok kev lm in !!

:popcorn:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Herder

What are we waiting for?  Looking for forward to the adventure. 

• Haha 1

Herder
1 minute ago, The Tool Crib said:

Ok kev lm in !!

:popcorn:

Got room on the coach for me?

• Haha 1

The Tuul Crib
Just now, Herder said:

Got room on the coach for me?

Yep!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, Herder said:

What are we waiting for?  Looking for forward to the adventure. 

Just a quick bathroom job...

• Haha 2

The Tuul Crib

Here is the kind of box that you would need on that machine

F68EAF01-EF83-441C-81B4-EC3F56D0EF18.jpeg

• Like 4

The Tuul Crib

I'm doing my back porch project and I can't go quick enough. I walk past all my tractor parts every day to get to the fridge in my shop! Your build might give me 

some Inspiration!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Ok I'm here....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Here is the kind of box that you would need on that machine

F68EAF01-EF83-441C-81B4-EC3F56D0EF18.jpeg

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been looking for!  I need to scour the junk classifieds, maybe look behind grampa’s barn... you know.  The usual spots!

• Like 2

Pullstart
1 minute ago, JAinVA said:

Here is another take on the idea.t3.jpg.62a1551d44c949ab7ab8809092109793.jpgt4.jpg.2d4de161b175b6c970d6f6ea27cb279b.jpg

I’ve been thinking about a woody paneled box too.  I think the steel box would hold up to the real life abuse it’ll see cleaning out the chicken coop, hauling wood or rocks or dirt, etc.

• Like 4

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been looking for!  I need to scour the junk classifieds, maybe look behind grampa’s barn... you know.  The usual spots!

I've got one here in Maine but the drive might not be worth the prize...

• Haha 2

Pullstart

I bet there’s at least three between here and your shack... hopefully.  

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

You probably got enough flat steel you can pick up and build you a custom wagon maybe something like an old 

grain wagon. Like the one with the 

auger on it. 

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, The Tool Crib said:

You probably got enough flat steel you can pick up and build you a custom wagon maybe something like an old 

grain wagon. Like the one with the 

auger on it. 

I do have a 10’ skid... stacked about 3’ high up in the rack with random diamond plate, even some stainless, aluminum and whatnot.  We’ll get something figured out.

• Like 4

Pullstart

Any ideas on a clutch for the drive belt?  I have been thinking of a centrifugal go cart style clutch off the engine that at idle rpms it disengages the transmission for a better neutral than the Sunstrand system.

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib

I think I would stick with the Sunstrand system just because of the hydraulic possibilities

• Like 3

Achto
9 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Any ideas on a clutch for the drive belt?  I have been thinking of a centrifugal go cart style clutch off the engine that at idle rpms it disengages the transmission for a better neutral than the Sunstrand system.

Not a bad idea but it will require you to be on the throttle in order to move, no idling down to putt around. How about adding the clutch system from a standard tranny along with a standard parking brake locking handle. When you step on the peddle it will return the shifter to neutral and disengage the belt. Plus you can set the parking brake to hold the peddle down & keep the belt disengaged. Just a thought??

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Hhhmmm... sounds like a familiar idea... Didn’t use mine on the WHrat WHrecker...you ever come to the east side of the mitten? You can have it... Maybe a few other :wh: odds and ends too...I am out of room...

• Like 1

Pullstart
Just now, SylvanLakeWH said:

Hhhmmm... sounds like a familiar idea... Didn’t use mine on the WHrat WHrecker...you ever come to the east side of the mitten? You can have it... Maybe a few other :wh: odds and ends too...I am out of room...

How far from Saline are you Jim?  We’ll be there Friday for a gymnastics meet...

SylvanLakeWH

One hour during non-rush hour...from 3:00 to 6:00 it would be closer to 1 1/2 hours...

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, Achto said:

Not a bad idea but it will require you to be on the throttle in order to move, no idling down to putt around. How about adding the clutch system from a standard tranny along with a standard parking brake. When you step on the peddle it will return the shifter to neutral and disengage the belt. Plus you can set the parking brake to hold the peddle down & keep the belt disengaged. Just a thought??

So... like how Wheel Horse intended with the parking pawl?  Is there any upgrade that can be done to beef it up... or find one in good shape and come to a stop before engaging it?