:sleeping-sleep:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

:techie-hourglass:

be prepared to hibernate longer than a bear who uses fluffy rabbits on his shiney hiney!

• Haha 6

SylvanLakeWH
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

bear who uses fluffy rabbits on his shiney hiney!

Visuals… :law-policeblue: :scared-eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
15 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Visuals… :law-policeblue: :scared-eek:

i knew I’d get ya!  :teasing-neener:

• Haha 4

Pullstart

You know Sylvia, I’m surprised you can open your eyes, as scarred as they are!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

squonk
On 6/4/2020 at 5:03 PM, WHX?? said:

Tell ya both to quit spankin the monkey and giterdone...17 pages long and we barely got a roller! :laughing-rolling:

:text-yeahthat: :text-yeahthat::text-yeahthat:

• Haha 3

Snoopy11
On 2/14/2020 at 9:58 PM, Pullstart said:

D93FD1FB-6BF9-47F9-B0B2-43645FF08876.jpeg

D30DBD21-9BC8-4062-9BC8-D8382EBD5942.jpeg

DID... I say...

WOW

Surprise clipart surprised face, Surprise surprised face ...

Don

• Haha 2

Stormin

Not much doing here. :coffee: I'll just pop along and check on Colossus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Check it now. 

squonk
5 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Bring your chain saw. Might have to cut the roots loose! :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, squonk said:

Bring your chain saw. Might have to cut the roots loose! :rolleyes:

Oh no. We did that last weekend.  

• Excellent 1

Snoopy11

Peoples is bizzzzzy...

Kevin got too much going on with daycare... :laughing-rolling:

Don

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Snoopy11
3 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

Peoples is bizzzzzy...

Kevin got too much going on with daycare... :laughing-rolling:

Don

AND the back-cracker... can't forget that...

Back Crack

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JPWH
On 6/4/2020 at 1:25 PM, Pullstart said:

I’ve considered starting much of the project over completely with a heavier pair of frames and that big bad front axle!

I am needing to replace my single wheel dump truck because the powerplant is getting a little weak for the heavier loads so I came here for some inspiration. lots of good information here.

I just read through 18 pages looking for some ideas and you come up with this starting over?

I'm keeping up when you start back up.:lol:

Edited by JPWH
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
1 hour ago, JPWH said:

I am needing to replace my single wheel dump truck because the powerplant is getting a little weak for the heavier loads so I came here for some inspiration. lots of good information here.

I just read through 18 pages looking for some ideas and you come up with this starting over?

I'm keeping up when you start back up.:lol:

Sorry for such a sharp let down Mr. Paxton!  With my influx in GT14 frames, I can’t see why I wouldn’t give it more beef.  I do need this, and the loader project around the farm.  Thanks for the subtle kick in the pants!

Edited by Pullstart

JPWH

@Pullstart Not a let down at all I just found it funny. I am about to start a similar build. I am also needing it for chores around the property. I have been sourcing parts. Too bad I did not think of parts for this build while at the big show. 

• Like 1

Handy Don
3 minutes ago, JPWH said:

Too bad I did not think of parts for this build while at the big show. 

I had the same thought yesterday for one of my projects! 

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 1

wallfish

LET"S ALL BUILD WH TRUCKS !!!!!!  We'll have to get Eric @ebinmaine and Colossus involved here too!

I've been trying to build a WH truck (Gator type of thing) with a bed since 2010. Seems every time it gets started it turns into something else. Little seater way back when started out as being a truck.

I'm think'n big tires up front. (Trailer hubs with 1" bearings can be added to regular 3/4" WH spindles with DOM tube.) That's what is on that new can-am bike. That build actually started as another 2 seater, then a truck and ended up as "motorcycle" type of thing. It still needs plenty of work and tweaking but I'm ready to start putting some stuff together for a WH truck build again. Already have some 1" spindles, trailer hubs, bunch of frames, Couple different steering gear setups, engines, ideas and an old trailer to donate as the bed. My thoughts are to try and keep it short as possible so it's lawn limo with a bad steering radius. You guys might have more room where that's less of a concern. One thing I can tell you is splitting the axles and going front suspension can be time consuming. Sharing ideas, successes and failures as it goes helps everyone.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 4

ineedanother
13 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Trailer hubs with 1" bearings can be added to regular 3/4" WH spindles with DOM tube.

Hey John, I like the way you think and wish I had the room to tinker with something like that. Regarding the hubs though even if a bit :offtopic: I'm sure that's been covered but I can't find a thread. Anyone know of one?

Pullstart
22 minutes ago, ineedanother said:

Hey John, I like the way you think and wish I had the room to tinker with something like that. Regarding the hubs though even if a bit :offtopic: I'm sure that's been covered but I can't find a thread. Anyone know of one?

Check this thread out.  It was a different approach to my own front hubs when I built “Poppy”

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/81188-today’s-haul/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-895234

• Excellent 1

wallfish
7 minutes ago, ineedanother said:

I don't think the guys on here building stuff worry about "off topic" custom stuff questions. It's all relevant!

Don't think I've posted anything before but have made suggestions about it before. The thing to consider is it doesn't necessarily "beef up" the spindles because it's still the stock 3/4 spindle bend. But you can add braces like the heavy duty 3/4 spindles as a way to do that in addition to this.

3/4 ID x 1" OD DOM tube. You'll need a short piece of 1" ID x 1 1/4 OD to cut for 1/4" slivers for the ID of the seals that are on the inside of the bearings. The ends of the spindles will need to be drilled and tapped for bolts to hold those bearings in place along with washers. Basically using bolts to serve as the castle nuts to tighten them and hold them. I might be pulling those hubs off the can-am bike to work on the front end of it and a pic is worth a 1000 words.

The DOM tube can't be the exact size but it's sold with a couple/few thousandths over/under.  IE: An Exact 3/4 ID will not fit on an exact 3/4 OD because they are the same exact measurement. A couple/few thousandths difference is needed for the tolerance to fit over each other.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

ineedanother
21 minutes ago, wallfish said:

I don't think the guys on here building stuff worry about "off topic" custom stuff questions. It's all relevant!

Don't think I've posted anything before but have made suggestions about it before. The thing to consider is it doesn't necessarily "beef up" the spindles because it's still the stock 3/4 spindle bend. But you can add braces like the heavy duty 3/4 spindles as a way to do that in addition to this.

3/4 ID x 1" OD DOM tube. You'll need a short piece of 1" ID x 1 1/4 OD to cut for 1/4" slivers for the ID of the seals that are on the inside of the bearings. The ends of the spindles will need to be drilled and tapped for bolts to hold those bearings in place along with washers. Basically using bolts to serve as the castle nuts to tighten them and hold them. I might be pulling those hubs off the can-am bike to work on the front end of it and a pic is worth a 1000 words.

The DOM tube can't be the exact size but it's sold with a couple/few thousandths over/under.  IE: An Exact 3/4 ID will not fit on an exact 3/4 OD because they are the same exact measurement. A couple/few thousandths difference is needed for the tolerance to fit over each other.

I think I've got it, and it sounds like I'll be visiting the McMaster-Carr site again soon :thumbs: Bracing the spindles is definitely a consideration too and might be the best bang for the buck in the short-term.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

WH TRUCKS !!!!!!  We'll have to get Eric @ebinmaine and Colossus involved here too!

I've definitely thought about it!!

We haven't done anything about it because we got in the habit of using the trailers and they bend in the middle making tight turns in the forest easier. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, ineedanother said:

I think I've got it, and it sounds like I'll be visiting the McMaster-Carr site again soon :thumbs: Bracing the spindles is definitely a consideration too and might be the best bang for the buck in the short-term.

There's a couple more options too. 

1. I've used a pair of trailer axle hubs drilled with a ¾ bore, then set on stock Wheelhorse hubs. That's what's on the Cinnamon Horse '74 C160.  

2. isavetractors has a video on his YouTube channel that shows how to build/rebuild/construct a pair of Heavy Duty spindles.  

• Like 1

JPWH

@wallfish@Pullstart @ebinmaine @ineedanother I don't have a large selection of parts but I have a 10hp Kohler, 3 speed uni drive, axle, wheels, hubs, hood stand, parts of hoods, steering components, and misc rods and brackets. The rest I will have to make or buy but I'm in.

• Like 2