Pullstart

My next custom Wheel Horse

Achto
12 minutes ago, pullstart said:

So... like how Wheel Horse intended with the parking pawl?  Is there any upgrade that can be done to beef it up... or find one in good shape and come to a stop before engaging it? 

My idea would only keep the belt disengaged with the brake peddle held down. You would have to use the parking brake for the tranny separately if you were to park and walk away  while it was running

• Thanks 1

wallfish

You can get a centrifigal clutch that engages at 1800 RPM. Even with the engine running at full you can still slow and idle with the hydo lever.

Going too long on the frame will give it a worse turning radius than a greyhound bus so keep that in mind to. Changing the Akerman angle on the steering arms will help and also make the front wheels track better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

dells68

Ok Kevin, I’m on board.  Let’s get this show on the road.  Can’t wait to see what you cook up!

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

It looks great to me Kev...I’ve seen a couple of these build off of the Cub platform and they are cool and super functional.  This will be a sweet build and is limited only by your ability to dream or fabricate!  

Good luck...save room on the couch for me @The Tool Crib 

:popcorn:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Cvans

Here is a couple photos of the one I built. It is hydraulic and will lift in excess of 500 lbs. 

dumpster 005.jpg

dumpster 008.jpg

• Like 5

953 nut

Image result for i'm watching

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Pullstart

I hope I get this complete before I loose ALL my hair!

F497384A-A501-414D-BCC6-13C34D8ACD21.jpeg

F2E83C02-C2E2-4A97-BE50-FABC59214C17.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Tuul Crib

I think hair is overrated you have to wash it and style it set it cut it and its still just hair!

most times in the end it always falls out anyway!  :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

dells68
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

812EA69E-30D9-4C9B-9C71-94C8A8C40BCE.gif

Hey Richie, you’ve been holding out on us!  I didn’t know you had a pic of you, @pullstart, and me at Buffalo Wild Wings after the show a couple of years ago!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

The Tuul Crib

Can you name those in chronological order? Say from left to right?!

:ROTF:

• Haha 1

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Can you name those in chronological order? Say from left to right?!

:ROTF:

Yep.  I’ll be the short Bozo looking character!

• Haha 2

19richie66
25 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Hey Richie, you’ve been holding out on us!  I didn’t know you had a pic of you, @pullstart, and me at Buffalo Wild Wings after the show a couple of years ago!!

We weren’t eating popcorn though. Sad thing is, this thread will 18 pages long before he starts on the tractor. :laughing-rolling:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Haha 5

Pullstart
Just now, 19richie66 said:

We weren’t eating popcorn though 

Seems to me, it was Caribbean Jerk that set off the tears and laughter!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

And just like that folks, a tractor build becomes comedy hour!  And that’s why I just had to start my build thread from the start!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The Tuul Crib
44 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

We weren’t eating popcorn though. Sad thing is, this thread will 18 pages long before he starts on the tractor. :laughing-rolling:

Kevin is  Stealthy!

• Haha 2

dells68
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Seems to me, it was Caribbean Jerk that set off the tears and laughter!

Was that the food?  Company?  Or Fireflies that set it all off?  One of the best evenings we’ve had after the show!!

• Thanks 2

953 nut
17 hours ago, pullstart said:

Any ideas on a clutch for the drive belt?  I have been thinking of a centrifugal go cart style clutch off the engine that at idle rpms it disengages the transmission for a better neutral than the Sunstrand system.

I know this has become a comedy center thread, so this is   :offtopic: but here goes;

:twocents-02cents:     Leave the frame as is and use the clutch mechanism that is there. Add to the rear of the frame and mount a two piece axle (end to end) supported by pillow blocks where you want the rear tires to be. Run a chain drive back from the :wh: transaxle to the two axles and call it a day. If you are looking for more speed the sprockets could be big to little rather than the same size. If the axles are 1" you could add a couple of :wh: brake drums and fabricate mounting points for the brake bands. You could even hook them up as turning brakes.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
15 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I know this has become a comedy center thread, so this is   :offtopic: but here goes;

:twocents-02cents:     Leave the frame as is and use the clutch mechanism that is there. Add to the rear of the frame and mount a two piece axle (end to end) supported by pillow blocks where you want the rear tires to be. Run a chain drive back from the :wh: transaxle to the two axles and call it a day. If you are looking for more speed the sprockets could be big to little rather than the same size. If the axles are 1" you could add a couple of :wh: brake drums and fabricate mounting points for the brake bands. You could even hook them up as turning brakes.

Good stuff right there!  I’ll take those thoughts very close to heart Richard!

:text-goodpost:

• Like 1

WHX??
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

180,000 pages long before he starts on the tractor. :laughing-rolling:

The way you :occasion-clown: go at it. … I'll donate a hood.... :lol:

849C9373-95A3-46AF-8AF3-63D3A88A27BC.jpeg.a7509f7ad8cfdb6e30fc737c6fa5e0ce.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 4

The Tuul Crib

Ill take the red one Jim!

• Haha 4

Cvans

Considering the length of belt you would need I'd say Richard is on the right track. Especially if you want to stick with a WH drive system. Chain would definitely be the most cost effective.  Two cog belts might be another option instead of chain and would require less maintenance and run cleaner. Cost could be an issue though. 

• Thanks 1

wallfish
17 hours ago, pullstart said:

Good stuff right there!  I’ll take those thoughts very close to heart Richard!

Agreed. And you can add some trailer leaf springs for suspension. And or double up the rear tires for a deuce and a 1/2 .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I know this is slightly irrelevant, but if anyone has a minute to measure the insides of a steel rectangular (Ohio Steel) trailer, I’d appreciate it very much!  I might have the ability to draw up what I’d like and have a new steel tub bent up at a local sheet metal shop.  

:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

ebinmaine
19 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I know this is slightly irrelevant, but if anyone has a minute to measure the insides of a steel rectangular (Ohio Steel) trailer, I’d appreciate it very much!  I might have the ability to draw up what I’d like and have a new steel tub bent up at a local sheet metal shop.  

:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

The floor of my orange one is 30 x 47

Sides are around 12 high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1