oilwell1415

A Horse followed me home yesterday.

tom2p

nice - two thumbs up !

Pullstart

Awesome!  I hope you got a decent deal... but if two parties agree on a price it must be a deal!

• Like 1

Pullstart

Also, that 552 is essentially an electric start model of my “Putt Putt”.  That thing with the front weight holds to the ground very well, but it now has a cast iron Kohler too.  Have fun building yourself that tug you’ve been looking for!

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

If you're going for the same size in the rear tires @ebinmaine has a part number for

rear ags from wally world.

if you are going that way. The 

front tires check fleabay . They have good deals on deestone tires. 

953 nut

Image result for nice!

• Like 2

oilwell1415
37 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Awesome!  I hope you got a decent deal... but if two parties agree on a price it must be a deal!

I’m happy with it.  We would all love to pay less for things, but when you drive 5 hours one way for something you don’t have much leverage to bargain.  I probably could have kept looking and found a better deal, but this was the right deal.  I got a solid, complete, and nearly damage free tractor that won’t take a ton of body work to make nice.  Plus I got to meet a fellow forum member and have a nice visit with him about tractors and other things.  The seller was the first sane and reasonable person I’ve dealt with in my search, so it felt good to finally be done with it.

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

oilwell1415
41 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Also, that 552 is essentially an electric start model of my “Putt Putt”.  That thing with the front weight holds to the ground very well, but it now has a cast iron Kohler too.  Have fun building yourself that tug you’ve been looking for!

A friend of mine has an Onan V twin he wants me to put on this one.  I think I’ll just stick with the engine it has.  At least for now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

oilwell1415
41 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

If you're going for the same size in the rear tires @ebinmaine has a part number for

rear ags from wally world.

if you are going that way. The 

front tires check fleabay . They have good deals on deestone tires. 

It’s mainly going to have pavement duty, so I’m going with turf tires.  Summit Racing seems to have the best deal on them so far, but I’m going to shop a little more before I buy.  I’ve probably got a week or two before I get the wheels back.

• Like 3