dells68

Beginning of a military D160 customization

oldredrider

Just glad I'm not one of your students!...oh, and their poor parents!:angry-banghead:

• Haha 3

dells68
On 1/5/2020 at 8:00 PM, 953 nut said:

Image result for salute

You know Richard, that might be a pretty dang cool silhouette to have Terry make up to put on the back of the gas tank as a tribute to our fallen soldiers!

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 4

dells68

As I sit here trying to get back to my crotchety old self, I got a little present left at the front door.  I found my mufflers I had ordered.  They are a little smaller in diameter than I expected,  it man are they heavy duty.  They are stamped Nelson, so I think they should work out nicely!  Notice how the old muffler’s baffle even fell completely out!  I might salvage the guards and weld them on the new mufflers - we’ll see.

0860A245-F78C-4633-9376-745277632EBA.jpeg

FABCDE6F-4378-4747-B876-82CD979F4CD1.jpeg

• Like 7

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, dells68 said:

my crotchety old self

It's good that you know your place in the world.

:ROTF:

Feel better soon Sir....

• Haha 1

WHX??

Glad to hear you just had a stomach bug Dells instead of the usual STD you have... :ychain:

Heres a little inspiration  for your current aspiration. .. it was sitting in my local Chevrolet dealer, why I have no idea, while I was waiting to have my 25k on the clock wheel bearing replaced. Kev @pullstart we is gonna have a little talk about GM crap! But being the HD fan I am....the white stars are a must! 

20200110_092835.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

dells68
31 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Kev @pullstart we is gonna have a little talk about GM crap!

Easiest way to remedy that is to jump up to big boy toys and buy a Ram!  Personally, I’d stay with a 4.7 or Cummins - those hemis are way overrated with more mechanical problems.  I had always been a GM man until the last two trucks and now I’ll always drive a Ram!  

About those STD’s, I told you when I called to ask how you got rid of yours to keep it a secret!:laughing-rofl:  Some friend you are!

By the way, very nice bike there.  Wonder if it belonged to the owner or one of the employees and was on loan?

Edited by dells68
  • Haha 4

WHX??

Don't know Dells but rest assured that bike is out of our reach $$. I did find it curious as it to be styled after a 40's vintage WLA ..HD marketing I guess. 

NOT  to make your life more complicated Dells  but a desert themed one? After current history or even WW II in Africa  circa 1940's ? Just thinkin out loud here Dells. 

• Like 2

dells68

Don’t know about a dessert sand color Jim.  Emory is the driving force behind this creation and he’s wanting OD green.  We’ll see how it shakes out as we move along.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
18 hours ago, dells68 said:

Don’t know about a dessert sand color Jim.  Emory is the driving force behind this creation and he’s wanting OD green.  We’ll see how it shakes out as we move along.

When a man knows what he wants... he knows what he wants.  

• Haha 2

dells68

Up next is the big ole D.  I went out and wet sanded on the hood a little earlier and I was surprised how much red is still there.  I may sand on it a little tomorrow and Thursday to see what it would look like with a little oil rub.  I had almost talked Emory into letting me paint it up nice, but I keep thinking it is only original once.  I’ve got a nice set of decals from @Vinylguy that would make it pop!  Might paint the grey engine up with regal red and paint the wheels almond and roll with it.  What do you think?

FDA677DB-7049-4902-BBE5-E75E31AEF3F1.jpeg

953 nut

we-want-you.jpg.ad499f873f9ccc1fb7ea6ad682a3c533.jpg

• Like 2

ebinmaine

I gotta vote for the OD green....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I vote for :wh: any day.  Regal Red, Drab Green, it’s gonna look great!

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Oh Balls.... here we go again ... just when we thought we was over the wheelbarrow shortage! 

Sure hope this Coronas bs don't last I liked you better as I teacher Dells.... but you seem to get things done as a posed to some other members we know.... not mentioning other names here Kev...... :ychain:

• Haha 3

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Oh Balls.... here we go again ... just when we thought we was over the wheelbarrow shortage! 

Sure hope this Coronas bs don't last I liked you better as I teacher Dells.... but you seem to get things done as a posed to some other members we know.... not mentioning other names here Kev...... :ychain:

Come rub my back will ya Uncle Jim?  That’ll get me back to the shop in no time!

in all honesty, there’s nowhere else I’d rather be right now, than working in the shop for a change!

• Haha 2

gt14rider

I vote for OD with a white star. 

Screenshot_20190430-082530_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190430-082510_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

dells68

I sanded on the hood more tonight and there’s nothing like the red I thought was left.  So I guess it will get a full repaint.  I’m going to sand it down and etch prime it first.  That will give me a better idea of whether I want to go OD or red.  Here’s what the hood looked like after a little wet sanding.

7F4702EB-658F-40AA-8E82-113CAD99C5FD.jpeg

• Like 4

953 nut
9 hours ago, dells68 said:

So I guess it will get a full repaint.  I’m going to sand it down and etch prime it first.  That will give me a better idea of whether I want to go OD

th?id=OIP.q5KEg--FC3Q9qpkdxpPuaQHaEq&pid=Api&P=0&w=239&h=152

• Haha 1

Lee1977

When Uncle Sam calls you have to go OD, or join up with a Blue Out Fit.

• Like 1

dells68

Pulled her in last night.  Now all I’ve got left is a motor, a pile o parts, and a frame.  I was pleased when I pulled the coupler.  Splines are nice on the shaft and in the coupler.  There is just a little play, but not enough to worry.  One thing that has me buffaloed is that only one wire was hooked up to the trans temp gauge.  Not sure what else should be hooked up to it.  Don’t see a sensor on the pump or trans.  Where would it be?  Also the gauge is pegged at 250+.  My guess is that the gauge is toast!?

18E04F31-613A-4CCA-94E0-AA57626F4CE9.jpeg

1F218C31-D633-473E-A363-F89DDC8438DC.jpeg

B8BA7374-7C5F-4E3B-9A52-9FB450DB97FD.jpeg

C4D4B3AE-8B7A-4F2F-9581-2EBE057859B9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

"D"- Man

If I'm not mistaken the wire to the other side of the oil temp gauge should be a double Yellow wire that connects to another gauge and also to an inline connector that goes to the ignition switch. P.S. 2nd pic has connector to ignition switch disconnected, in lower left of wiring.

IMG_20200320_230135797.jpg

IMG_20200320_230207818.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Seat hoarder.

Man I gotta get me a set of those AGs!  

• Haha 1

dells68
17 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Seat hoarder.

Man I gotta get me a set of those AGs!  

Those are just the ones that were in that part of the garage!  Got a few more tucked away along with some backrests tooB).  Those ags are beasts.  Some mild dry checking, but otherwise appear brand new!  I’d really like to have a set of interco tires like these, but they are $184 each in a 30x10-12 size!

58BFFE17-5CB9-4EB8-8C2C-407377F25B04.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

953 nut
7 hours ago, dells68 said:

I’d really like to have a set of interco tires like these, but they are $184 each

Uncle Sam is sending out big checks in a couple weeks,  it is our duty to spend the money to keep the economy going.    :text-bravo:  Just Sayin!

• Haha 3

dells68

Just for you Richard, @953 nut, here’s a pic that used to be up here in another thread.  Tires are interco interforce.  They really filll up the rear fenders.  Tough look, but mine are too new and nice to switch, maybe down the road.

B67D976B-04D4-42CB-98B9-87F844894825.png

• Like 1
  • Heart 2