ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, chip61 said:

daily driver

Like that ole Dodge...:handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

chip61
39 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Like that ole Dodge...:handgestures-thumbup:

Thanks-I've really enjoyed it, but I wish it rode better. I would say it rides like a bobtail tractor, but it doesn't ride that good LOL. It needs at least 1,000 lbs in the bed to ride decent.

• Like 1

EricF
55 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I forget what year this truck was. It was a straight six, four speed

DSC01384.JPG.20bf8c1bc8389fea513ff7d8fa2f6483.JPG

Looks like an 83/84 or maybe later. 83 I think was when they started putting the blue oval in the grille. Prior years in that body style still had "FORD" spelled out in chrome block letters on the edge of the hood.

I had an 83 -- my first truck. Bare-bones base 2wd model with the straight six and the 3-on-the-tree, but the pervious owner had special-ordered it with beefed-up rear springs and a heavy-duty clutch. Basically, a "heavy half" (which is what the F150 originally was) upgraded to a 3/4-ton in everything but the official legal specs. Rumor was that configuration was how the Michigan DOT specced their F150s at the time, and this one was either tacked onto an order, or the dealer knew how to enter it. Heavy hauling capacity at a bargain price. The previous owner used it as a hauler for a machine shop; it had forklift dents in the rear fender wells from loading stuff.

The old 300 straight six was kind of an "honorary diesel" -- gobs of low-end torque and economical on fuel if you kept your foot out of it on the highway. And it could still haul heavy stuff with a 3:73 highway rear end -- 4:10s not needed, even with the 3-speed -- which meant it could whip along in freeway traffic without running out of get-up-and-go, so long as it wasn't over-loaded.

Getting clutch work done on that particular truck was always a pain in the neck. When they opened it up, what was inside didn't match the parts fiche! The last time it had work done, the shop said "Don't bring it back because that clutch doesn't belong in there!" :lol:

• Like 3

1995 520H+96+97

@chip61 To make that ride awesome, jack up the frame, or if you have a lift, spray fluid film between the spring leaves.

Doing the front and rear springs for that rig. :wh:

• Like 1

chip61

Good idea-I keep talking about removing the rear spring packs and having a spring shop install teflon tabs on the ends, but I never get around to it. The fluid film is a quick and simple solution. I also think removing a leaf from the rear spring packs would help.

Thanks!

• Like 1

1995 520H+96+97

Quick, easy, cheaper. 35 PSI rear, 45 PSI front empty. 55 PSI rear, 45 PSI front loaded. Hammerdown, get that suspension and cummins smiling.

• Like 1

Elliot Garfinkel

These are my two, work van 99 ,240,000 and 2002 excursion  104,000 both with 7.3 diesels

20200501_133725.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Check out this drain plug!

• Confused 2

Elliot Garfinkel

So it's like a half turn quick release, is the pan metal or is it composite, good luck with your new ride

Tractorhead

Plastic oilpan huh,

maybe it‘s a good idea to have a gravel protection for the Oilpan to cover.

8ntruck

I gave my 2015 Ram with a 5.7 Hemi a little exercise today.  Dragged the pontoon out of storage.

20200521_145223.jpg

• Like 4

Pullstart

This one’s for all the hot rodder souls out there, wondering why in the world someone would want a 4 cylinder turbo in a truck...  

It’ll still light ‘em up...

This might have happened a week or so ago.  It could’ve kept on keepin’ on... the pedal got lightened up to regain traction but it kept wanting to break ‘em loose :ROTF:

A8AAABAD-9292-4B8B-A7BB-545330DF16FA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

WHX??

Dang Kids!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

tom2p
11 hours ago, pullstart said:

This one’s for all the hot rodder souls out there, wondering why in the world someone would want a 4 cylinder turbo in a truck...  

It’ll still light ‘em up...

This might have happened a week or so ago.  It could’ve kept on keepin’ on... the pedal got lightened up to regain traction but it kept wanting to break ‘em loose :ROTF:

A8AAABAD-9292-4B8B-A7BB-545330DF16FA.jpeg

1.5 liter 4 cyl turbo 

1010 horsepower 

CC4E53AB-C349-4CCA-9501-E20A2F43E605.jpeg

Edited by tom2p
  • Thanks 1

Redneckdavis

Those black squiggly things keep showing up at my house. I think it's a Ford thing:)

IMG_20161124_143254176_HDR.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart 2

Redneckdavis

One wheel wonder

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
4 hours ago, Redneckdavis said:

Those black squiggly things keep showing up at my house. I think it's a Ford thing:)

IMG_20161124_143254176_HDR.jpg

Brakes locking up?  :teasing-poke:  :D

You know where my loyalty stands, but that is a sharp ride there :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

JCM

Found another pic of my 1999 classic Chevy K-2500  350 engine with 3.73 rear, average 13 mpg new in 99 up at camp. Real nice simple truck, a thing of the past unfortunately.

JCMPic22.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

WVHillbilly520H

Unfortunately I couldn't catch the culprit in the act  :hide:      :ph34r:     :auto-layrubber:   :confusion-confused: could it have been this lil V6 wonder with the Caddy wheels or something with a bit bigger set of lungs...

client_PART_1558397960394_100_0071.jpg

IMAG1677.jpg

IMAG1671.jpg

20190823_161349.jpg

IMAG3455.jpg

client_PART_1519680552990_Screenshot_20180204-134344.png

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine

@WVHillbilly520H if you ever figure out who the rabble-rouser is that done that tell them I said "Nice work". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

Hey Jeff, you get that 4.3L running... then you can chase ‘em down!  

Edited by pullstart
Auto correct

WVHillbilly520H
12 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Hey Jeff, you get that 4.3L running... then you can chase ‘em down!  

Yep... I guess I need to bite the bullet and send it to the "professionals" as the "shade tree" or lack there of isn't getting anywhere with it besides this:deadhorse:.

AMC RULES

Screenshot_20210128-145656_SmartNews.jpg.402b97c55871a01b1291ddc9b4232fdb.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3