The Tuul Crib

Snagged a a screw

The Tuul Crib

Dang! Well things are going so good today with the work I'm doing on my deck behind my house. At one point I was pulling on a piece of wood the next point I was running in the house dripping everywhere and ended up having to go getting seven stitches on my finger in the right hand. Have been so careful not to step on anything sharp or leave any nails laying around on the ground but failed to see one in my way. Dang!!

• Sad 8

Achto

Sorry to hear about this.:( It's easy to get injured when your working. I once drilled a hole in my finger with a 5/16" bit & didn't even notice it until I saw blood around my work area. Too intent on my job at the time I guess. :confusion-shrug:

Hope it heals up fast.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

The Tuul Crib
42 minutes ago, Achto said:

Sorry to hear about this.:( It's easy to get injured when your working. I once drilled a hole in my finger with a 5/16" bit & didn't even notice it until I saw blood around my work area. Too intent on my job at the time I guess. :confusion-shrug:

Hope it heals up fast.

Yeah I'm sure it will heal quick ! I've been injured worse than this. Didn't seem to mind it too much .  the nurse was kind of cute that sewed me up and she was really good at tying knots.Man we sure 

do stupid things!

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 2

953 nut

Any time I come in the house with a rag wrapped around a bleeding appendage the wife just rolls her eyes and says "you don't have to get your money's wort out of Medicare that badly, do you?"    :ychain:

Hope it heals up soon.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

Achto
2 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

.Man we sure 

do stupid things!

We don't get older & wiser. We just run out of stupid things to try.:D

• Haha 4

Stormin
7 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Any time I come in the house with a rag wrapped around a bleeding appendage the wife just rolls her eyes and says "you don't have to get your money's wort out of Medicare that badly, do you?"    :ychain:

Hope it heals up soon.

Sounds like SWMBO. I think sympathy is something she doesn't understand. Except for the grandchildren. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

ZXT
17 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Dang! Well things are going so good today with the work I'm doing on my deck behind my house. At one point I was pulling on a piece of wood the next point I was running in the house dripping everywhere and ended up having to go getting seven stitches on my finger in the right hand. Have been so careful not to step on anything sharp or leave any nails laying around on the ground but failed to see one in my way. Dang!!

You up on your tetanus shot?

Luckily never had to have stitches.. There have been time where I probably should've, but electrical tape works pretty well.

• Like 3

The Tuul Crib

Oh yes I have used electrical tape myself. This one was a little past that. And yes I did have my tetanus shot !

• Like 1

little red riding horse

I snagged one to , but it is Christmas lol !! 

Lane Ranger

You also need to watch your head when working on Wheel Horse tractors on the garage floor !  Installing equipment on the frame when you have to tighten or loosen nuts and bolts on the frame etc can be injurious to your health!  

469BC414-4147-4B4D-9847-5B41605E69A0.jpeg

• Sad 3

The Tuul Crib
7 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

You also need to watch your head when working on Wheel Horse tractors on the garage floor !  Installing equipment on the frame when you have to tighten or loosen nuts and bolts on the frame etc can be injurious to your health!  

469BC414-4147-4B4D-9847-5B41605E69A0.jpeg

Ouch! I know that one had to hurt. When I did appliances I would crawl under sinks to disconnect the dishwasher and would constantly knock my noggin! I thought about a hardhat but It would just get in the way!!

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Like 1

Pullstart

My buddy stopped over yesterday, told me about his “bump cap” insert for baseball caps.  It seems like a great idea for any hat!

9E23BF7D-5F97-4381-ACEB-AD30857C8BD4.jpeg

Zeek

Bummer, injuries suck! Having had a few, I alway try to think "okay if this blade slips and I slice my finger this is going to delay my fun time for __ weeks.. . .so I try not to do that. But stuff happens being the type to venture off the couch :D