dells68

Merry Christmas and a little news

Razorback

Wow! I hope you can catch a shot of his face when he sees the end result!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dells68

Thanks @Razorback.  The last two years I’ve restored wheel horses for him, but a friend made us a deal too good to pass up on this little tractor.  Emory had wanted it the last three years when he saw it at our show.  The fuel system was full of crud and it had lost spark, so we were at the right time at the right time.  A buddy and I worked on it for an hour or hour and a half the next morning and he drove it around for the next two days!!  He loved it mustard yellow, so I hope he likes the change.  He doesn’t know I’ve added headlights and rear reflectors.

• Excellent 3
  • Heart 4

Razorback

I have a 1966 model 123, IH Cub’s first hydrostatic that I really like. Not a fan of the green tractors (well, I might like the old ones.... never had one), but I sure like the WH’s and the Cubs!

Keep us posted!!

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

Sparky

All sorts of good news right there! Awesome!

Cub is looking great, I’ve tried to add other brand garden tractors to my meager collection...but I always end up selling them off for a “red” one :rolleyes:

• Thanks 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thats GREAT news all around. Thank you for sharing it with us. I cant wait to see follow up pictures. 

Glenn

• Thanks 2

Stormin

Cadet looks great. One lucky lad there. All the Best for Christmas to your family.

• Thanks 2

19richie66

Awesome news for both Kierra and Emory. It tugs at you hard to see kids go through that kind of suffering. Glad to hear positive results. God is good :handgestures-thumbupright:
Emory should really love that Cub and trailer. What a great addition to a young man’s collection. You better be careful or you will be building him his own barn for next year’s present. Have a great Christmas @dells68 ....sounds like it already is!

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 4

Tractorhead

Hi dells68

That’s great news about the health recovery, i‘m glad to hear.

Sending kierra and emory some convalescence prayers.

I think it is also good info about emory‘s „hunt“ of the CUB.

i have heard to hunt a deere you need a rifle, so he had an useful thing! 😂

Merry Christmas to you all.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Great news!!!

Beautiful restoration! :bow-blue:

Lucky kid...Lucky dad!!!

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, dells68 said:

She got wonderful news - all three tumors from her lymphoma are gone!  God is great and prayers work wonders!  What a wonderful Christmas present for such a sweet 12 year old!  

Second, we are at the one year anniversary of Emory’s seizure.  He hasn’t had another since last Christmas Eve and I pray he never has another!  We go back to the neurologist at UT Children’s Hospital in January for his year follow up.

God is good.    Great news on both wonderful children.  :eusa-pray:   

Emory is a great boy and I guess we will have to forgive him for leaning to the yellow side   :text-lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

Thanks Dells for the AWESOME update!  It started my Christmas Eve (right after morning devotions) off right.  It is always tremendous to hear an example of how God is still in the miracle working business.  Often we only hear about the bad things going on in this life but if we keep our eyes open and our hearts/hands heavenward, we will often get to witness some of the many miracles taking place around us.  Please give Mr Emory a hug and a high five from @Coulter Caleb and the Peacemaker!  

Regarding the Cub, you probably know that I have a good sampling of those in my stable.  As a matter of fact, we have taken an annual Christmas picture with a garden tractor for the last five years.  Tomorrow will be no different.  I haven’t decided for sure yet but I think I’ll stage up the two 1964’s (CC100 and 854). Emory’s Cub looks great and please be sure to post a video of his reaction when he sees it!  The headlights were a great addition and I love the BBQ grate grill on that series along with the shape of the cast iron grill surround.  Somewhat similar to the WH 953.  Looks like you did a great job on it as you always do!!!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

dclarke

Beautiful job on the Cub, Dells!... Love this thread!....Merry Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Great news on your kids! Nice job on the resto too! Now all we gotta get you to do is to extend those skills to some horses :ychain:

Happy Holidays to you and yours Dells..... :occasion-xmas:

• Haha 3

Pullstart

Best Christmas presents ever @dells68!  I am so happy to hear of Emory’s positive year and Kierra’s miraculous healing as well!  You’ve been on my mind lately and I’m glad to see even little bits and updates... but maybe you need to do another “Other Brands” build for the Cub 👍

Merry Christmas to my firefly chasin’ little buddy, You and Becca too!

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

ACman

Nice to hear all the good news Dells’s :woohoo: ! I like hydro Cub’s ....you know I’m still up for adoption :lol: ! Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR !  :occasion-xmas:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

What an awesome smile Emory!  Here is a picture of my son Judge on his Cub 100...

F3553274-013B-4227-818E-4F8CF17AD603.jpeg.4c6263e1bc49832ff51869f9839e375d.jpeg

Your dad did a great job on your Cub and we are wishing you a Merry Christmas!

• Excellent 5
  • Heart 2

Pullstart

Well done Dell!  Merry Christmas Emory!

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

rjg854
8 hours ago, pullstart said:

Well done Dell!  Merry Christmas Emory!

:text-yeahthat:

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

WVHillbilly520H

@dells68, not wanting to hijack your thread but a little precursor of what I bought myself for Christmas... a 126 (third lowest production numbers) and 2 1200s and 1210 (parts rig) guess I'll be busy for years... And yours and Emory's rig is sweet nice score on the #2 cart.

20191215_144337.jpg

20191215_144342.jpg

20191215_144347.jpg

20191215_144403_HDR.jpg

20191215_144416_HDR.jpg

20191215_144427.jpg

20191216_153811.jpg

20191217_153008.jpg

• Excellent 2

dells68

Sweet score there @WV Hillbilly!  Very nice tractor!  The guy I bought Emory’s Cub and cart from has a 124 that he’s wanting to sell me.  That’s the first fiberglass dash model and it’s even got dual wheel adapters on the back.  There’s just no way I can afford it right now though.  I’ve got to save my funds to redo the D160 we have in time for the Big Show since bid D’s are the feature tractor this year.  Seriously thinking of going with a military theme on that monster.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Jeff—that 126 is such a sweet and rare find.  Reportedly they made less than 5500 of those tractors and that one has the optional headlights with factory bezels still in tact.  I can’t wait to see you work your magic on that machine over the next year or so!  Merry Christmas!

Dells—the Big D series machines already look like a Willy’s Jeep just need the green paint and white star to complete the theme!  Make sure you start a thread on that build.  I also wouldn’t mind an “after the fact” thread on Emory’s Cub to see what you all did to it in the process...Caleb’s first tractor is a Cub 125 (the hydro version of the 124).  I got it for him when he was 8 years old.  It came with a whole bunch of attachments including a blade, blower, Snow cab, tiller, and the rarest item a 59M chipper shredder.  They were made by Ameriand-Makissic and IH used them for years but for a short couple year window they actually painted them yellow and labeled them as their own product.  This one is in great shape as the following video attests to...

This video was a demo of it and Caleb’s tractor at my Uncles Farm Day a couple of years ago.  Caleb’s 125 has most of the options available that year except hydraulic lift (something I would like to add someday). We have mowed with it, plowed with it, tilled with it, bladed with it, and chipped wood with it.  A cool little 12hp tractor for sure! Please show this video to Emory and tell him “Hi” from us!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Jeff—that 126 is such a sweet and rare find.  Reportedly they made less than 5500 of those tractors and that one has the optional headlights with factory bezels still in tact.  I can’t wait to see you work your magic on that machine over the next year or so!  Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all you guys... Don't forget my 126 has the HI/LO "Creeper" box as well... The wheel/tire combo in the pics were (rear) from my xi score a few years back and (front) a Jacobson Chief we scrapped out last year. It's missing the carb and air cleaner assembly ... Hopefully I can find that and a new grille. 

• Like 2