upstate yank

1971 wheel horse charger 12 automatic

upstate yank
On 12/26/2019 at 8:23 AM, pfrederi said:

Not sure what you mean about the two yellow items.  The handy clamp is just to hold the wires to the batteries.  You have to remove the trigger to test it. Not sure what your testing did but be careful you can fry the trigger.  Stick with the manual and its test.

trigger.JPG

well it seems the trigger isn't any good as yesterday i bought 2 brand new batteries D- and made one of the testers as shown in the picture' i tried both test as the Manuel said and the flash light bulb didn't not come on at any time ;and even the bulb was new ;so it seems i will have to get in touch with A-Z and found out if he has any as once he mentioned he did and he does test them before selling ;things don't last for ever ;again thank you for your time and sending the picture of the tester 

pfrederi
18 hours ago, upstate yank said:

well it seems the trigger isn't any good as yesterday i bought 2 brand new batteries D- and made one of the testers as shown in the picture' i tried both test as the Manuel said and the flash light bulb didn't not come on at any time ;and even the bulb was new ;so it seems i will have to get in touch with A-Z and found out if he has any as once he mentioned he did and he does test them before selling ;things don't last for ever ;again thank you for your time and sending the picture of the tester 

Working triggers are not cheap.  You may want to bite the bullet and go with a battery/points ignition.  Not hard to do and will probably cost less than a good trigger.

• Thanks 1

upstate yank
2 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Working triggers are not cheap.  You may want to bite the bullet and go with a battery/points ignition.  Not hard to do and will probably cost less than a good trigger.

yep i found that out as they are quite expensive;so it seems i will switch it over to the points and coil setup or use it for parts ;sad i took a chance buying this and taking the seller for his word and i am very quite sure he knew it was bad when he sold it ;as in the service manual there is a red check mark on the section of how to test both coils and trigger ;the old saying goes buyer beware ;i grew up with the old saying honestly is the best policy as it will come back and bite you in the well you know where ;my lose his gain ;i did send a reply to A-Z just to see what his prices are ;heck i might have to take out a mortgage just to pay the price ;hehehe 

thanks again i really appreciate it;

pfrederi
23 minutes ago, upstate yank said:

yep i found that out as they are quite expensive;so it seems i will switch it over to the points and coil setup or use it for parts ;sad i took a chance buying this and taking the seller for his word and i am very quite sure he knew it was bad when he sold it ;as in the service manual there is a red check mark on the section of how to test both coils and trigger ;the old saying goes buyer beware ;i grew up with the old saying honestly is the best policy as it will come back and bite you in the well you know where ;my lose his gain ;i did send a reply to A-Z just to see what his prices are ;heck i might have to take out a mortgage just to pay the price ;hehehe 

thanks again i really appreciate it;

If you decide to go to battery points or part the tractor out I would be interested in buying the coil...

• Thanks 1

upstate yank
21 hours ago, pfrederi said:

If you decide to go to battery points or part the tractor out I would be interested in buying the coil...

well it seems i am going to switch it over to the points and coil ;though it would be great to find another motor but not one with this type of set up as i wish now i had walked away from buying it;but we can't cry over spilled milk'

the coil really i wouldn't know what to ask ;though i do they know they are quite expensive ;i was watching one on the bay which came off the same 12 horse charger ;it was listed for 75.00 then once the listing ended it was listed again but this time for 125.00 ;but then i found out that the one i have is alright ;but the thing is on the pricing we can always come down on price not go up'if you care to make an offer we can go from there ;let me know your thoughts ;

pfrederi
30 minutes ago, upstate yank said:

well it seems i am going to switch it over to the points and coil ;though it would be great to find another motor but not one with this type of set up as i wish now i had walked away from buying it;but we can't cry over spilled milk'

the coil really i wouldn't know what to ask ;though i do they know they are quite expensive ;i was watching one on the bay which came off the same 12 horse charger ;it was listed for 75.00 then once the listing ended it was listed again but this time for 125.00 ;but then i found out that the one i have is alright ;but the thing is on the pricing we can always come down on price not go up'if you care to make an offer we can go from there ;let me know your thoughts ;

I guess I took the wrong marketing courses.  Somehow i do not understand why if something doesn't sell for  couple listings at $75 you raise the price 66% and then expect it to sell...:wacko:.

Anyway did your coil pass the Ohm tests??  if it did I will PM you an offer

• Thanks 1

upstate yank
On 12/30/2019 at 11:25 AM, pfrederi said:

I guess I took the wrong marketing courses.  Somehow i do not understand why if something doesn't sell for  couple listings at $75 you raise the price 66% and then expect it to sell...:wacko:.

Anyway did your coil pass the Ohm tests??  if it did I will PM you an offer

it seems you got busy as i haven't heard back or it might be you have changed your mind ;anyways let me know ;have a safe and happy new year

pfrederi
21 minutes ago, upstate yank said:

it seems you got busy as i haven't heard back or it might be you have changed your mind ;anyways let me know ;have a safe and happy new year

PM sent (I was waiting on you r reply relative to it passing the ohm test.)

• Thanks 1

upstate yank
26 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

PM sent (I was waiting on you r reply relative to it passing the ohm test.)

sorry as i thought i did send a reply stating that the coil did pass the ohm test and really i don't understand the PM thing ;