Stormin

Pass us a towel, dear.

Stormin

Not an actual injury. More of a senior moment.

I recently had a new top hose fitted to my Land Rover Discovery. Now I don't use the heater much as I don't like being to warm when driving. A week ago, on a frosty morning with SWMBO riding passenger, she complained of the cold, (as she does frequently), even though the heater was on.

Had to admit it wasn't working as it did before the new hose. Decided it must want bleeding. This I set to do a couple of days ago after I'd had a run out to a friends. On lifting the bonnet, (hood to the US), I spied water where water shouldn't be.

Where the hose connected to the head there was a slight leak. The clip securing it was on of those spring type. Which BTW I do not like. So I decided to fit a jubilee clip.

As I walked into the workshop for a clip, I thought I'd better release the pressure on the system, BEFORE removing the hose. I think you may suspect what's coming next.

Yep! I forgot! Gripped the clip with pliers to open it out, pulled on the hose and WOOSH! Got nice warm coolant over the engine and myself. :scared-eek: Fortunately not too hot. Though antifreeze tastes horrible. :rolleyes:

BTW. Heater now working as it should. :thumbs:

Edited by Stormin
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

The Tuul Crib

Been there done that storm ! Gladto hear you didnt git  burned! 

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

or get it in your eyes.  Lucky Norm.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Tractorhead

Good to hear you not burned, and no more is happen.

... but why tasting, some Wine or Beer will taste definitively better.. 😎

take Care of you Buddy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Mrs. P and I were up north traversing the countryside in the buggy shortly after I did the Subaru engine swap.  Add coolant.  It was running a tad warm (by note of throttle response and idle quality... no gauges) so we got out to inspect things.  With us both behind the engine, one of the hose clamps blew and shot super heated coolant all over the both of us.  I am not sure if getting it on the clothing or the skin was worse, because our clothes retained the heat for so long!  A guy across the street graciously offered tools and water to aid our return to town... we were about 15 miles outside of nowhere.  On the return, it started getting hot again and we blew the right front tire off the inside bead.  Limping to town, we bailed on it in a slightly vacant parking lot, only to have a state police officer pull in behind us and proceed to stand right where we had been blasted!  I begged and urged him that we will fully comply with his inquiries, so long as he steps away from the engine!  It took some convincing to remove said Officer from said location and we ended up walking to “home base” to get the truck and trailer that day.  It could have ended so much worse!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jennifer

@pullstart Do you ever have any good luck?  The thing I like best about your stories, you always have a positive outlook.  

• Haha 2

Pullstart

No good story ever started with eating a salad @Jennifer!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  

• Haha 2
  • Heart 1